Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Reue)
    Im just that irresistable obviously

Oh really...i'm sure i'd be able to resist you...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by the.white.rabbit)

Oh really...i'm sure i'd be able to resist you...
    Really? You've just spent the past 18 minutes speaking with me and I havnt even bought you a drink. How many guys in clubs could manage that long, even if they had bought the girl a drink!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Reue)
    Really? You've just spent the past 18 minutes speaking with me and I havnt even bought you a drink. How many guys in clubs could manage that long, even if they had bought the girl a drink!
    yeah your right - it must be your irresitable charm that is keeping me talking to you...

ReputationRep:
    yeah your right - it must be your irresitable charm that is keeping me talking to you...
    Why thank you. Clearly.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Reue)
    Why thank you. Clearly.
    You really think something of yourself...don't you..

ReputationRep:
    You really think something of yourself...don't you..
    It seems to work.

ReputationRep:
    I think it's flattering but then i'd hope he'd chat to me for a while to accompany the drink so it wasn't so much like he was getting me drunk in order to take advantage!! x

ReputationRep:
    If I was interested I'd accept the drink but I'd watch it very carefully.

ReputationRep:
    the first thing that comes to my head is..... thanks?!

i wouldn't see it as a turn on or turn off, just a guy being friendly

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Reue)
    It seems to work.
    Wow....i take it you've never been turned down before judging by your ego... But you know what they say 'there's a first time for everything'

ReputationRep:
    If a guy ever bought me a drink I'd think he was probably interested which is usually good.

ReputationRep:
    Wow....i take it you've never been turned down before judging by your ego... But you know what they say 'there's a first time for everything'
    Lol, prehaps

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Reue)
    Lol, prehaps
    Anyway its been lovely talking to you...but i'm off out. - and i'll be taking your approach and will be more interested in those guys that give me attention rather then buy me a drink!

ReputationRep:
    First thought...Free drink? Coolies!

ReputationRep:
    If a girl won't buy me a free drink then I wouldn't buy her one. I don't owe her anything, just cause I think she's pretty :s:

ReputationRep:
    It's not a turn-off, but it's not really a turn-on either. I suppose if you fancy the guy then it's a good way to start chatting, but I'd usually accept a drink even if I didn't like them that much unless they seemed to be a total creep.

ReputationRep:
    It would be nice if a guy did this for me, but unfortunatly they always choose my friend over me.

But as someone said above, it's not a turn on or off. It's just nice to recieve one and helps to break the ice and chat to someone.

ReputationRep:
    if its somoene i already know / a friend then i think theyre sweet / generous - good thing!
    but someone i dont know, id only accept if i was genuinly interested but id be a bit cautious e.g. in case they put something into my drink! if it was someone i wasnt interested in i wouldnt let them + id walk away
    so if your hot and / or i already know you then its good, but if not, its bad haha

ReputationRep:
    "mmm free booze" is normally the first thought.

ReputationRep:
    Unless he'd asked me first and I'd seen the drink being made/poured etc I'd assume the worst and politely refuse it.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 30, 2009
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.