Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Reue)
    Im just that irresistable obviously

Oh really...i'm sure i'd be able to resist you...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by the.white.rabbit)

Oh really...i'm sure i'd be able to resist you...
    Really? You've just spent the past 18 minutes speaking with me and I havnt even bought you a drink. How many guys in clubs could manage that long, even if they had bought the girl a drink!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Reue)
    Really? You've just spent the past 18 minutes speaking with me and I havnt even bought you a drink. How many guys in clubs could manage that long, even if they had bought the girl a drink!
    yeah your right - it must be your irresitable charm that is keeping me talking to you...

ReputationRep:
    yeah your right - it must be your irresitable charm that is keeping me talking to you...
    Why thank you. Clearly.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Reue)
    Why thank you. Clearly.
    You really think something of yourself...don't you..

ReputationRep:
    You really think something of yourself...don't you..
    It seems to work.

ReputationRep:
    I think it's flattering but then i'd hope he'd chat to me for a while to accompany the drink so it wasn't so much like he was getting me drunk in order to take advantage!! x

ReputationRep:
    If I was interested I'd accept the drink but I'd watch it very carefully.

ReputationRep:
    the first thing that comes to my head is..... thanks?!

i wouldn't see it as a turn on or turn off, just a guy being friendly

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Reue)
    It seems to work.
    Wow....i take it you've never been turned down before judging by your ego... But you know what they say 'there's a first time for everything'

ReputationRep:
    If a guy ever bought me a drink I'd think he was probably interested which is usually good.

ReputationRep:
    Wow....i take it you've never been turned down before judging by your ego... But you know what they say 'there's a first time for everything'
    Lol, prehaps

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Reue)
    Lol, prehaps
    Anyway its been lovely talking to you...but i'm off out. - and i'll be taking your approach and will be more interested in those guys that give me attention rather then buy me a drink!

ReputationRep:
    First thought...Free drink? Coolies!

ReputationRep:
    If a girl won't buy me a free drink then I wouldn't buy her one. I don't owe her anything, just cause I think she's pretty :s:

ReputationRep:
    It's not a turn-off, but it's not really a turn-on either. I suppose if you fancy the guy then it's a good way to start chatting, but I'd usually accept a drink even if I didn't like them that much unless they seemed to be a total creep.

ReputationRep:
    It would be nice if a guy did this for me, but unfortunatly they always choose my friend over me.

But as someone said above, it's not a turn on or off. It's just nice to recieve one and helps to break the ice and chat to someone.

ReputationRep:
    if its somoene i already know / a friend then i think theyre sweet / generous - good thing!
    but someone i dont know, id only accept if i was genuinly interested but id be a bit cautious e.g. in case they put something into my drink! if it was someone i wasnt interested in i wouldnt let them + id walk away
    so if your hot and / or i already know you then its good, but if not, its bad haha

ReputationRep:
    "mmm free booze" is normally the first thought.

ReputationRep:
    Unless he'd asked me first and I'd seen the drink being made/poured etc I'd assume the worst and politely refuse it.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 30, 2009

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.