Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I wouldn't accept a drink from someone I don't know Pfftt... Chat first, drink later!

ReputationRep:
    Rarely happens, but I don't think I'm the classic sexy-girl-at-bar type. If it does it's sort of flattering but unless I've been talking to them for a bit I usually decline the offer. Otherwise there is a sort of air of obligation to talk to them at least for a little bit and if they turn out to be a bit dullwitted it's not much fun.

I think if you've been talking to a girl for a while and you like her then it's a nice move otherwise it's a bit much and just suggests you're up for a one night stand. (it could easily be the case you are but I think it gives off the signal less if you've actively talked to someone before making a gesture)

ReputationRep:
    I have to admit, I'm pretty wary of guys buying me drinks.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sianeh)
    but its not exactly a turn on either :confused:

I generally think "oh good, free drink"
    This :ditto:

I'd be wary :creep:

ReputationRep:
    I just think "hell yeah a free drink, now how can I get away from this creep?" :-)

ReputationRep:
    I kindly accept it, and I check to see whether he puts anything in it obviously. If i haven't seen him buy it I won't accept.

(Original post by sil3nt_cha0s)
    For the cynical girls, I'd assume they'd think the man wanted a one way trip into her knickers :awesome:
    So any girl you had a chat with? :p: :p: :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lefty Leo)
    Actually, contrary to popular belief, I treat girls with respect and dignity :yes:

ReputationRep:
    harsh words.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah its not often I buy a woman a drink, they have to earn it! :P A couple of my mates actually go out with the intention of having their night paid for by hopeful horny men! lol

ReputationRep:
    I usually just get the bar person to send a drink over and tell them its from me, then just smile and walk away. Seems to work lol

(Original post by Emily069)
    harsh words.
    He knows i'm kidding

Actually, contrary to popular belief, I treat girls with respect and dignity :yes:
    You know i'm kidding, right? :unsure:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by we_are_motherwell)
    I usually just get the bar person to send a drink over and tell them its from me, then just smile and walk away. Seems to work lol
    How?

ReputationRep:
    He knows i'm kidding
    I didn't actually :mad:

I didn't actually :mad:
    Well, you do now

ReputationRep:
    if the guy is cute: awww, thats so sweet
    if not: omg, u really need to get laid^^

anyway, i take the drinks, cuz free ... :p:

ReputationRep:
    Well, you do now
    Get your nose out of Silent Chaos's bum hole!!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kellybaby)
    I just think "hell yeah a free drink, now how can I get away from this creep?" :-)
    This woman is the reason I don't delve into my wallet at every chance and spend my hard earned cash buying females drinks in nightclubs. You've got more chance of getting a drink out of me if you're a mate of mine.
    Most of the time you'll be giving the girl a free drink and thats it. I think theres far more effective ways of getting a girls attention in a club anyway.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by princessnavi22)
    date rape
    This.

(Original post by Emily069)
    Get your nose out of Silent Chaos's bum hole!!!
    Can i stick it in yours?

Spoiler:
    Show
    I'm going to stop spamming :p:

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 30, 2009
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.