Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Eye contact watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by *TheSweetestDrug*)
    haha..5 seconds seems a little creepy...i'd be scared if a guy just stared like a creep for that long...it should be 2 seconds..!
    Not that i count or anything..but all the times i've given eye contact or had it from someone its been about 5 seconds - its really not that long..

(Original post by the.white.rabbit)
    Not that i count or anything..but all the times i've given eye contact or had it from someone its been about 5 seconds - its really not that long..
    what would you do if they spoke to you?

**** yourself at first? :woo:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    what would you do if they spoke to you?

**** yourself at first? :woo:
    It depends cos if i was giving them eye contact then i'd expect them to come over and talk to me....

It depends cos if i was giving them eye contact then i'd expect them to come over and talk to me....
    Even on the street? I assume you mean clubs/bars

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Reflexive)
    5 seconds? that's a very long time to look a stranger in the eyes
    I thought that too
    Personally - I think if you stare long enough for what is comfortable, it can signal you like him / her

ReputationRep:
    It means loads of stuff. Personally, I always think I have food on my face when anybody looks at me.

(Original post by Irrelevance)
    It means loads of stuff. Personally, I always think I have food on my face when anybody looks at me.
    :eyeball:

ReputationRep:
    Ceerpy!

ReputationRep:
    woops!
    creepy*

ReputationRep:
    I'm a female but i think that i can help you by giving you a girl's perspective....if you get 5 second eye contact or longer then she likes you or thinks your attractive and wants you to know that she likes you and wants you to do something about it - like go up and talk to her.
    However if its quick eye contact, for less then 5 seconds then shes probably doing it for no reason at all - so don't take notice of it.
    Hope this helps.
    Do random people actually look at each for more than 5 seconds without flinching or looking away?

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 31, 2009
Poll
Do you like carrot cake?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.