Turn on thread page Beta

A hottie cheated on their bf/gf with you. do you tell their bf/gf? watch

• View Poll Results: A hottie cheats on their bf/gf with you. do you tell the bf/gf?
    yes, i would tell them
    19.59%
    no, i would not tell them
    80.41%

ReputationRep:
    well? what to do?
    if you meet their bf/gf and they are a really nice person, do you tell them their other half is cheated/cheated on them with you?
    do you confess?
    what if you think the hottie is gonna cheat on their bf/gf again?

it seems like all of you are saying :

"yea, if my bf/gf was cheating on me i would want to know and i would want someone to tell me"
    BUT at the same time you are all saying:

it is wrong to tell someone their bf/gf is cheating, it is not your place
    i cannot tell if it is that everyone would like to tell the other party, and indeed treat them as you would want to be treated but they are to cowardly to act

you are contradicting yourselves :

either you shouldnt tell AND if YOUR OWN gf/bf was cheating, you accept that it is better for you not to know

OR

you accept that if you would want someone to tell your your bf/gf was cheating, you also must endeavor to do the same for them

please resolve this blatant logical inconsistancy in your arguments

--------------------------------------

im in this position, i've been seeing a hot guy for like a year, but we didnt sleep together since he was still sleeping around. but now he has a gf, im alot hotter than her and he cheated on her with me . i think he is cheating on her with other people, and she is living with him. i met her properly at the gym last night, and she was so nice. but i dint say anything and feel guilty, plus i reckon he will cheat on her again. she has no idea

ReputationRep:
    lol at the hotter part

ReputationRep:
    If he cheats on her why wouldn't he cheat on you? He effectively is with his gf anyway!

Get your own boyfriend

ReputationRep:
    Fess up, sounds like you need to come back to reality ( no offence) if his girlfriend is so nice you need to tell her the truth. Good people dont deserve to have there feeling trampsed on.

ReputationRep:
    I wouldn't let them cheat with me, although if they seemed like a nice person and didn't like their bf then that is a different thing altogether, but even then i'd ask them to dump their bf first.

ReputationRep:
    Is this the same 40 year old you're seeing?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CapturedSoul)
    Is this the same 40 year old you're seeing?
    Looks like it. Cue 'is 2 months serious?' and more inane questions.

ReputationRep:
    If you tell my g/f I'll killll you

ReputationRep:
    Would depends how big the bf is.Dont want to take beats

ReputationRep:
    Nope. I just shut up and enjoy.

ReputationRep:
    I hope you fall under a bus.

ReputationRep:
    I'd be ******* disappointed in myself more than anything and be pretty disgusted with myself. So I wouldn't want to parade it around. If I didn't know they had a gf then yes I would tell the gf.

ReputationRep:
    Not enless I knew the 'hottie' would thank me for it. If it was just going to make him hate me then no.

ReputationRep:
    If it were any normal person I'd probably say not bother. As much as she deserves to know, she won't believe you and you'll look bitter.

However, considering what you've said in the past about this guy, I'm firmly of the opinion she will think you're some clingy obsessed wierdo and not believe you anyway. Don't bother. Where did all the "hot" talk come from anyway? It doesn't make the situation any better and I find it funny that you've never mentioned it before.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by emerley)
    If it were any normal person I'd probably say not bother. As much as she deserves to know, she won't believe you and you'll look bitter.

However, considering what you've said in the past about this guy, I'm firmly of the opinion she will think you're some clingy obsessed wierdo and not believe you anyway. Don't bother. Where did all the "hot" talk come from anyway? It doesn't make the situation any better and I find it funny that you've never mentioned it before.
    well i only saw her a few weeks ago and i am hotter looking by far. what she lacks in class and clothing she makes up for in flab, and she looks kind of masculine. she is bigger and taller than me and him.

i know she will believe me since he has some distinguishing intimate features which prove i had got some, plus i know loads of personal things about her that he told me.

i will look bitter but i dont have anything to lose do i?

why did everyone vote NO, dont tell' - wouldn't YOU want to know if you were being cheated on???:eek:

ReputationRep:
    I've read so many posts about your relationship situation, and I think the guy is a ****, he is playing you and you should just get out. If you want to tell the gf that is up to you, but whatever you decide to do don't keep entertaining this fantasy that he is going to end up with you because it won't happen. If he wanted a relationship with you he would be with you now, and honestly I can't see why you would want to be with a man like that anyway.

ReputationRep:
    no but in general, since i've been in this situation before - a guy pretends to be single, then 6 months later he reveals he never broke up with his ex.

why is everyone opposed to telling?

ReputationRep:
    i say you go and tell her, and take a good beating for being a relationship wrecker

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by shinytoy)
    no but in general, since i've been in this situation before - a guy pretends to be single, then 6 months later he reveals he never broke up with his ex.

why is everyone opposed to telling?
    I'm only opposed to telling if it is because you want him for yourself because that is just not going to happen. Otherwise do what the **** you want, from what uve said before he deserves it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by shinytoy)
    well i only saw her a few weeks ago and i am hotter looking by far. what she lacks in class and clothing she makes up for in flab, and she looks kind of masculine. she is bigger and taller than me and him.

i know she will believe me since he has some distinguishing intimate features which prove i had got some, plus i know loads of personal things about her that he told me.

i will look bitter but i dont have anything to lose do i?

why did everyone vote NO, dont tell' - wouldn't YOU want to know if you were being cheated on???:eek:

wow, you seem really shallow. not everything is about looks you know, you seem pretty jealous TBH

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: August 24, 2009
The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
How are you feeling about GCSE results day?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.