Turn on thread page Beta

A hottie cheated on their bf/gf with you. do you tell their bf/gf? watch

• View Poll Results: A hottie cheats on their bf/gf with you. do you tell the bf/gf?
    yes, i would tell them
    19.59%
    no, i would not tell them
    80.41%

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by candyfloss.)
    wow, you seem really shallow. not everything is about looks you know, you seem pretty jealous TBH
    Have you read her back story though? This guy has ****** her over pretty badly, it isn't suprising shes feeling bitter. I would be, people often direct their anger at the "other guy/girl" rather than the person they should be mad at.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by shinytoy)
    well i only saw her a few weeks ago and i am hotter looking by far. what she lacks in class and clothing she makes up for in flab, and she looks kind of masculine. she is bigger and taller than me and him.

i know she will believe me since he has some distinguishing intimate features which prove i had got some, plus i know loads of personal things about her that he told me.

i will look bitter but i dont have anything to lose do i?

why did everyone vote NO, dont tell' - wouldn't YOU want to know if you were being cheated on???:eek:
    I'm sure whatever she lacks in looks (according to you) she more than makes up for in personality. He chose her over you for a reason and you need to accept that and move on. He is cheating scum - it puzzles me that you are directing all your anger and bitterness towards her, when it is clearly him and you in the wrong - why aren't you ditching him instead of *****ing at her?!

Yes I would want to know if I was cheated on, but not by some gloating, obsessive wierdo who just wanted to get her claws into him. How can you not see how pathetic you look in this whole situation? Please stand up for yourself and get rid of him, or stop asking for advice if you are just going to reject all of it anyway.

ReputationRep:
    no i AM ditching him as well, he cheated on his past 3 ex's and now her, i wouldnt be any different. so i told her then cut him out. but he is pretty mad

i mean, if you were living with a guy cheating on you, you would want to know??

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Abhead)
    I'm only opposed to telling if it is because you want him for yourself because that is just not going to happen. Otherwise do what the **** you want, from what uve said before he deserves it.
    That.

ReputationRep:
    I don't normally insult people but you're such a stupid *****. Why does it matter if they're hot? Why are you *****ing about his girlfriend? Why do you have so many psychological issues?

ReputationRep:
    its none of my business if they choose to cheat on their partner with me...

ReputationRep:
    ok basically i told her everything, he got really mad and he'd kept all the dirty and soppy texta and messages i'd sent him over the past years and showed them to the guy im now dating, he also threatednd to show my fam, and to hurt me severely. he was ringing me non stop, ringing my new bf telling him to ring him, sendong me blackmailing and threateniing txts and facebook messages etc

but i still think, if your living with a guy and he's shagging other women you have a right to know. i would want to know if it was me. i dont see how people would disagree?

ReputationRep:
    If she is so nice, then leave her boyfriend alone!! It's not your place to say anything, although I feel really sorry for her. How could you do something like that to anyone??

ReputationRep:
    No way... its their relationship, its their business.

ReputationRep:
    but if you were cheated on would you want to know? especially if the person who it was with had been seeign them for half the time youwere living together?

i would want to know. especially if i was living with the guy. does nobody agree? plus, talking to someone being cheated on, dont you feel guilty not telling them and watching them get played?

especially if they were being played by a guy twice their age?

this isnt about him, i cut him out and blocked him and told him i did this

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Desperate Prayer)
    I hope you fall under a bus.
    Harsh. (But fair.)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Malkmus)
    Harsh. (But fair.)
    but why? if you'd been living with a guy, and for half that time he was also cheating with someoen else, wouldnt you want to know?

ReputationRep:
    but why? if you'd been living with a guy, and for half that time he was also cheating with someoen else, wouldnt you want to know?
    Yes, of course I'd want to know if my partner was cheating on me.

ReputationRep:
    You clearly have much, much bigger, unaddressed problems than your sex life OP.

ReputationRep:
    You got what was coming.

ReputationRep:
    Yes, of course I'd want to know if my partner was cheating on me.
    so why exactly was it wrong for me to tell the girl? and why would so many other people stand back and do nothing?

treat others as you would want to be treated, i would want the girl to say to me look you do know he has been cheating on you with me for X amount of time. if the girl went on to prove it, i would be glad to know.

hence why i did it

ReputationRep:
    so why exactly was it wrong for me to tell the girl? and why would so many other people stand back and do nothing?
    1. It's none of your business. It's his place to tell her.
    2. You continue sleeping with the guy even though you know he has a girlfriend.
    3. She's not going to thank you for telling her. In fact, she might hate you even more than she does her boyfriend if you do tell her.
    4. It's none of your business.

ReputationRep:
    1. It's none of your business. It's his place to tell her.
    2. You continue sleeping with the guy even though you know he has a girlfriend.
    3. She's not going to thank you for telling her. In fact, she might hate you even more than she does her boyfriend if you do tell her.
    4. It's none of your business.
    1. Yes it is my business since it was with me. what about restoring the moral equilibrium - it was wrong to cheat therefore you shold confess and repent
    2. i didnt lose my virginity with him, he said he was seeing someone but didnt make out it was serious and i didnt find out they were actually living together until much later - he just kept saying his parents were round
    3. i dont know her, i dont care if she hates me, the truth is the truth. in any case he is more at fault than i - if i had known they were living togehter i wouldnt have done it, we women are quick to attack each other when he is the most at fault for playing us.
    4. it is my business because it was with me. it is like averting a train crash for someone

i'm not going to pretend however that the facts that he had put me on the hook up waiting list until he planned to dump her in a few months, and the fact of finding out i was dating someone who was living with a gf are contributory factors - :top: NASTY :eek3:

ReputationRep:
    You shouldn't have told, don't act like you did it because you care about this girl, it's because you wanted to get back at the guy for choosing a girl who you think you're better than.

You do sound jealous and kind of bitter. I understand that maybe you feel used by him or something but why did you have to take it out on the girlfriend by telling her? That's just *****y.

ReputationRep:
    it seems like all of you are saying :

"yea, if my bf/gf was cheating on me i would want to know and i would want someone to tell me"
    BUT at the same time you are all saying:

it is wrong to tell someone their bf/gf is cheating, it is not your place
    i cannot tell if it is that everyone would like to tell the other party, and indeed treat them as you would want to be treated but they are to cowardly to act

you are contradicting yourselves :

either you shouldnt tell AND if your gf/bf was cheating you accept that it is better for you not to know

OR

you accept that if you would want someone to tell your your bf/gf was cheating, you also must endeavor to do the same for them

please resolve this blatant logical inconsistancy in your arguments

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: August 24, 2009
Poll
Is the Big Bang theory correct?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.