Turn on thread page Beta

A hottie cheated on their bf/gf with you. do you tell their bf/gf? watch

• View Poll Results: A hottie cheats on their bf/gf with you. do you tell the bf/gf?
    yes, i would tell them
    19.59%
    no, i would not tell them
    80.41%

ReputationRep:
    I think often it's better to leave other people's relationships alone, however given you are involved in the situation anyway, and it's not like the guy made one mistake and is willing to change etc. he is clearly scum, it's ok to tell the gf i think, given you met her anyway.

Now and just sever all contact with this awful man, and try and forget the whole situation, and if he harrasses you please report it to the police.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by shinytoy)
    it seems like all of you are saying :

BUT at the same time you are all saying:

i cannot tell if it is that everyone would like to tell the other party, and indeed treat them as you would want to be treated but they are to cowardly to act

you are contradicting yourselves :

either you shouldnt tell AND if your gf/bf was cheating you accept that it is better for you not to know

OR

you accept that if you would want someone to tell your your bf/gf was cheating, you also must endeavor to do the same for them

please resolve this blatant logical inconsistancy in your arguments
    You're not the one who should be telling her. It should be him. If you tell the girl, I'd expect she'd hit you and rightfully so since you were trying to steal her guy (even if he was the one who initiated anything).

You're both wrong as far as I see it and it's worse how *****y you are about his gf. You're a horrible person and really emotionally/socially stupid as well, even if you did get good grades.

ReputationRep:
    If YOU think it's perfectly fine to tell her, and then you go and do so, then WHY are you asking for advice since EVERY time you ask for advice, you go and do the exact opposite!

Stop asking for advice if you've already made up your mind and are just looking for reassurance, and if you're just going to try and convince everyone else that YOUR opinion is correct.

If you want to tell her, then tell her, don't waste other people's time asking for their advice when you're just going to ignore it.

ReputationRep:
    No, why would I tell them? I'd be likely to get a dig an' all.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jennikay)
    If YOU think it's perfectly fine to tell her, and then you go and do so, then WHY are you asking for advice since EVERY time you ask for advice, you go and do the exact opposite!

because like all of you, my friends said
    if i was being cheated on by my other half, i would want to know and want someone to tell me
    but at the same time they also said:
    you shouldnt tell someone if their other half is cheating on them, you should leave them to find out for themself
    i want to know how ANYONE can reconcile these two opinions - seems to me you all think, one rule for me, but another for everyone else. it seems you all think
    i would want to know but i wouldnt be bothered to help someone in the same situation - too much risk and bother

ReputationRep:
    looks to me like people are scared of the reaction 'dont shoot the messenger' (or should that be massager...)

ReputationRep:
    Not your boyfriend/girlfriend, not your problem. Why bother telling it?

ReputationRep:
    what is telling them going to achieve?

oh thats right. you feel guilty for sleeping with another person's partner and rather than live with the guilt of it you would rather destroy someone else's esteem and confidence. Telling someone is hardly ever the right thing to do.

ReputationRep:
    And ruin their relationship? Of course not.

ReputationRep:
    Weird.....o.

You told her - well done. Now STFU about it maybe?

ReputationRep:
    What the **** is the point in this thread? OP you ask for our opinions and then ***** and whinge when they're given. You need to get over this guy and stop posting about him, I cannot be the only one who is sick of these threads by now. You are clearly telling her he cheated just to make yourself feel better because you got played.

ReputationRep:
    no i just dont get the blatant contradiction between people who WANT to know if THEIR bf/gf is cheating on them, but when the tables are turned, they wouldnt tell somoene else to help them out

Assuming you have a functioning conscience and are actually remorseful over what you've done, the correct procedure is to ask the person in question to tell their partner. If they refuse, you should then step in and tell them yourselves. This is of course, assuming that you actually care about doing the right thing, which looking at the poll, doesn't seem to be the case on this forum. I've just lost a little more faith in humanity... Thanks, TSR.

ReputationRep:
    i asked him if he was going to tell her and he said no. he said come back in a few months when i've finished with her and we can resume the shagging.

i copied her into an email asking him to stop threatening me and blackmailing me, and saying he was disgusting for cheating on soeone he lived with and that since he cheated on her, his wife, me that he was chronically unfaithful and i wanted nothing to do with him.

but i secretly regret it now because i still loev him, even though i know he was sooo wrong to cheat. will he ever forgive me for telling her? <3

i asked him if he was going to tell her and he said no. he said come back in a few months when i've finished with her and we can resume the shagging.

i copied her into an email asking him to stop threatening me and blackmailing me, and saying he was disgusting for cheating on soeone he lived with and that since he cheated on her, his wife, me that he was chronically unfaithful and i wanted nothing to do with him.

but i secretly regret it now because i still loev him, even though i know he was sooo wrong to cheat. will he ever forgive me for telling her? <3
    God you are so stupid. He even basically tells you he only wants you for a shag and that's probably all you're good for. Doubt you could sustain any sort of relationship being so socially retarded.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    God you are so stupid. He even basically tells you he only wants you for a shag and that's probably all you're good for. Doubt you could sustain any sort of relationship being so socially retarded.
    :ditto:

Shinytoy - I've said it before and I'll say it again and I'll keep saying it until it gets into your thick skull. Just walk away, NOW! Find someone else, who hasn't cheated on anyone he's ever been in a "relationship" (I use the term loosely :rolleyes:) with and never contact this guy again. I'm actually starting to worry for your mental health.

ReputationRep:
    If you ever wanted to know how the mind of a psycho works, read this thread. Completely dillusional.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Davezk)
    If you ever wanted to know how the mind of a psycho works, read this thread. Completely dillusional.
    i am laughing at the blatant irony between your comments directed at my ignorance and stupidity, and the fact that you cant even manage to SPELL 'delusional' ..... or was that dillusional?? :rofl:

ReputationRep:
    I'd just be happy to get some, to be honest.

ReputationRep:
    i am laughing at the blatant irony between your comments directed at my ignorance and stupidity, and the fact that you cant even manage to SPELL 'delusional' ..... or was that dillusional?? :rofl:
    Whilest I am laughing at the fact you chase after some 40 year old taken guy thinking he'll love you if you offer him enough sex. I know which I think is funnier.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: August 24, 2009
The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
How are you feeling about GCSE results day?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.