The Student Room Group
Student in the Laboratory, Lancaster University
Lancaster University
Lancaster
Visit website
Reply 1
i'm a biomed second year.

you take 3 chemistry modules in your first year. they're easy. but there's aaaaaaaaaaaaaalot to learn.
Student in the Laboratory, Lancaster University
Lancaster University
Lancaster
Visit website
Reply 2
this post should cover the core of what it'll be like....http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=905349
Reply 3
Hi
I'm a third year biomedical science student, who is currently do a year out in a hospital placement. As the dedparrot geezer has says above you do three chemistry modules out of the 15 in the first year. These consist of three lectures and a practical every week. Its quite abit of infomation but if you put abit of time in its not too bad. After 1st year there is no more straight chemistry, it becomes biochemistry, it is however pracically chemistry just with relation to the more biological side of life. In the grand scheme of things the course depends quite alot on chemical knowledge you'll find they overlap alot, more so the organic chem rather than say physical or syntho. However! If your biology is strong then you should have nothing to worry about! Message me if you have any further questions and I'd be happy to help.
Peace
Ill be startin biomedical science this year :woo: cant wait!!

maybe Ill see you there!!!:wink:
Reply 5
coool see you then :smile: x
Reply 6
hneville
Hi, i was just wondering if anyone else was doing biomedical sciences starting this year and what college you picked for your accomodation?
I picked Cartmel as my 1st choice and Lonsdale as my second. kinda nervous does anyone know how much chemistry is involved as it isn't my strong point. lol x :smile:

I know this is really late...but i picked Cartmel too =D ...it was a mistake though =(...but never mind...
and doin biomed too...was supposed to be doin pre-med...didnt get the stupid grades =(
u still comin Lancaster?? n did u do chem at a-level?

Latest

Trending

Trending