Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Guys: Attracted to reading? Watch

ReputationRep:
    Guys, would you be attracted to a girl on holiday on a sunbed in either a swimsuit or a bikini reading a book? (i am obsessed with reading) The reading being the important part.

Just wondering.

ReputationRep:
    is the book twilight?

ReputationRep:
    lol wtf

ReputationRep:
    Depends on the book, to be honest, but I'd probably stare longer than normal until I figured out the title.

I have spoken to many women whilst on holidays who have been sat there reading a book, especially if its one i've read I will always ask what they think of the book.

I think the best holiday was one where i was laying there reading the same book as the girl next to me. to be fair its something to break the ice with but you can sometimes have a good conversation about the book. though to be fair looks are still goingt o be important to a lot of guys if they want to try and pull someone reading a book.

ReputationRep:
    Why not lol. No different to any other girl really. As others have said, can be a good way to start a conversation though.

Though if you want to go a bit deeper: generally reading has a connotation with intelligence, and a lot of guys find intelligence attractive lol.

ReputationRep:
    Most people are able to read. I wouldn't be especially impressed or anything.

ReputationRep:
    It's a good ice breaker especially if the girl is reading a really good book, actually i'd quite prefer it if any girl i went out with enjoyed reading books.

ReputationRep:
    i do love the twilight series and am also getting into the charlaine harris series: True blood. but im mostly inot supernatural books and vamp books, also randomly: history books (like tudor: anne boleyn, elizabeth, etc.)

ReputationRep:
    Oh, im also writing my own books about vampires at the mo. (not obsessed with them really just going through a phase)

ReputationRep:
    Who cares about a book when she's hardly wearing anything? Especially when it's on holiday where you're not likely to be going for a relationship.

ReputationRep:
    i mean book...oops.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Becka-la)
    Oh, im also writing my own books about vampires at the mo. (not obsessed with them really just going through a phase)
    Ok, that probably would get me interested, because I am interesting in vampires haha (as long as its not the romance stuff lol).

ReputationRep:
    :facepalm2:

ReputationRep:
    if she was good looking I wouldn't care if she was reading or not..!

ReputationRep:
    Its a great icebreaker if I have some knowledge of the book...nothing more than that though.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.