Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

What if your boyfriend asks you to help his sister (12 years younger) on schoolwork? Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rudyrabbit)
    hhmmm. And you're proud of it? There's something wrong with you.
    You're only doing this to seek attention. Me me me me me
    Proud of it. No, who will? It is not something good to boast with --turning down a request from your boyfriend to help his little sister. Something wrong with me? Ok, you may say so. I am just not a saint or a very kind people, I would say.

Seek attention? Maybe I can't tell. Just when you are unhappy or upset and don't know what to do, you would like to voice out and see any good advices you may get.

'me me me.....' don't mock. it does not seem to be very polite to do so. Can you claim that you are not self-centred or think of yourself at all?

ReputationRep:
    You should really really learn to proofread before you go off to tutor writing.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by azhao)
    You should really really learn to proofread before you go off to tutor writing.
    *facepalm* She's not English. She's not tutoring in English. Presumably the standard of her English does not impede her ability to tutor in I-think-Chinese :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bekaboo)
    *facepalm* She's not English. She's not tutoring in English. Presumably the standard of her English does not impede her ability to tutor in I-think-Chinese http://static.thestudentroom.co.uk/i...s/rolleyes.gif
    Could have made that clear in the OP then.

ReputationRep:
    I just want to put an end here. I don't want to keep checking up the forum.

Finally, I talked everything to my boyfriend. I am not interested to tutor his sister and said sorry to him. He said nevermind and it was not a big deal. I asked if that will hurt our relationship. He said no and he asked me to promise that not to think about it anymore. He said it will hurt really hurt our relationship if i do not like to do that but force myself to do so.

I do not know if this will hurt our relationship in long term.

But at least, i stay true to my feelings and be myself at this moment.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by azhao)
    Could have made that clear in the OP then.
    Tbh I don't think it was necessary from the quality of the OP and even the next couple of posts to explicitly say that she wasn't English.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by xug)
    Is it irrelevant to cite the fact that she is uninteresting to me?
    No. If i am going out with somebody it is because I am interested in them, not their family.

If you don't want to do it, don't do it. No doubt after the initial four teaching sessions, you wil be expected to teach for another four sessions.

Be assertive and say no.

ReputationRep:
    who ever negged me saying 'I have no right to....' - its a discussion board, therefore I do have the right to share my opinion

OP - as your bf has said, it won't hurt your relationship unless you let it. Just forget about it

ReputationRep:
    I get £15 - £25 an hour for tutoring economics, maths, geography and politics but I love the economics and maths so much that I spent extra time doing extra for it It's very rewarding so try it out once for free! I would tutor econoimcs for free any day of the week because it's so awesome seeing people finally get it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by invictus_veritas)
    I get £15 - £25 an hour for tutoring economics, maths, geography and politics but I love the economics and maths so much that I spent extra time doing extra for it It's very rewarding so try it out once for free! I would tutor econoimcs for free any day of the week because it's so awesome seeing people finally get it.
    You too! I do like to tutor somebody in fact. It's so happy to find the solutions with the learners together like Maths and Gegoraphy. What I don't like is teaching language. It is difficult to see people's improvements. Second, I am not talented on language neither in English nor my own mother tounge. :p:

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 31, 2009
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.