Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

All boards are whiteboards, upto punomorphism... Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Good bloke)
    :toofunny: I've heard that it is only available in the USA though.
    Ah well, at least you can get the one for examining breasts over here. It's called a chesstboard; I understand it's quite popular on pawn sites.

ReputationRep:
    These puns are awful - you lot deserve to be board to justice.

According to dictionary.com, a board should be 'of considerable length and breadth compared with the thickness', so by that definition a diving board should actually be called something like a diving plank. You might say that it snowboard.

(Sorry, couldn't help jumping aboard the bandwagon - hopefully I didn't go overboard.)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dystopia)
    These puns are awful - you lot deserve to be board to justice.
    Next you'll be having us waterboarded...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zhen Lin)
    Pfft. That's not the worst of it. It's a carcinogen! Maybe. It'd probably cause something not entirely unlike pneumonoultramicroscopicsilicovo lcanoconiosis if you inhale it.
    And, of course, that disease will always be remembered as resulting in lots of medical claims by miners on the National Coal Board.

ReputationRep:
    I'm still to get board (of this) game! When you get a card off the pun men you will have to put it on your cardboard.

ReputationRep:
    This thread strikes a board with me. Of course striking a board could result in it becoming a chipboard.

I considered getting a whiteboard, but I think I'd just draw shapes like spirals on it. I suppose it could be a springboard to being an artist.

I could also have used it for composing boating songs on. I hear larboard is important in those.

ReputationRep:
    If you threw the larboard overboard it would drown unless it was a flutterboard. Any one in the water would have to dart out of its way unless they wanted to model a new headboard.

This gives me the idea for a new weapon: the mortarboard. If it was the deciding factor in a battle it would be the keyboard.

ReputationRep:
    This is taking it overboard.

ReputationRep:
    The headboard could be useful in the boardoir, come to think of it. I won't mention a scoreboard.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kolya)
    I have both a blackboard and a whiteboard and I find the whiteboard better. Chalk dust gets irritating.
    Obviously, what you really need is a scratchboard.

(Original post by DFranklin)
    Obviously, what you really need is a scratchboard.
    I can imagine the headlines tomorrow: TEENAGERS told on INTERNET they need SHARP KNIVES

(Original post by Simplicity)
    P.S. Anyway, buy one of them projector interactive boards.
    But what then would they do with the small change they'd get out of their £10k?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kolya)
    But what then would they do with the small change they'd get out of their £10k?
    Lots of penny sweets.

except they don't actually cost a penny any more :|
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    (Original post by DFranklin)
    Ah well, at least you can get the one for examining breasts over here. It's called a chesstboard; I understand it's quite popular on pawn sites.
    The last time I tried to go on a pawn site, my parents stopped me browsing the internet for a week by taking away my surfboard.

In other news, the rail in my sister's wardrobe came loose recently, so until we can get that fixed she's keeping all her clothes behind the skirting board. She recently dropped her acoustic guitar flat on its front; upon inspecting it, I told her I was surprised it didn't even have a scratch on it. She replied, in her best scouse accent, "yeah, it's a pretty sound board".

I'd better go make some food, anyway. Though I was squashing up berries on a flat surface yesterday to make some jam, and they seem to have stained it; I hope it hasn't turned into a currants-y board, or my dinner is going to taste awful.
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    (Original post by Mr M)
    Schools in Newquay with a sea view will be able to install "surfboards".
    Oh, wait. You beat me to it. Bah.

ReputationRep:
    Do all mathematicians extend their puns this far?! :eek:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by meatball893)
    I would say the pun is on the boarder-line of being overextended

ReputationRep:
    Well, we do have a predilection for taking things to the limit, so I'm afraid you might have to field extensions far beyond the norm.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    I opted out as the thread was bordering on the ridiculous.

ReputationRep:
    Sebastian Boardais has lost his seat at Toro Rosso. Seeing as he will no longer have use of his F1 car, I suggest he calls a taxi; in other words, he needs to make a caboarder.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mr M)
    I opted out as the thread was bordering on the ridiculous.
    The quality level has certainly gone by the board.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
    Useful resources

Make your revision easier

Maths

Maths Forum posting guidelines

Not sure where to post? Read the updated guidelines here

Equations

How to use LaTex

Writing equations the easy way

Student revising

Study habits of A* students

Top tips from students who have already aced their exams

Study Planner

Create your own Study Planner

Never miss a deadline again

Polling station sign

Thinking about a maths degree?

Chat with other maths applicants

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.