Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Ok, doing adult nursing in september and I need to go for a medical before hand.

Just wondering if anyone knows what exactly they do?

I assumed they'd take hight/weight and blood?

Is that about right?

ReputationRep:
    Im not sure exactly, but i assume there would also be some talk about injections, what you might need etc.

Have you had any occy health forms to fill out?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Becky_90)
    Im not sure exactly, but i assume there would also be some talk about injections, what you might need etc.

Have you had any occy health forms to fill out?
    Yeah filled all that out and I know I need to get a hep B jab. But at the interview the woman said that they usually give you it the first 2 weeks you're there. So i'm all confused :confused:

ReputationRep:
    depends on the institution, ask about past medical history, if there is a concern they may do some asessmnts, ask about current medication, past immunisations, etc..SOME places do take blood, as for hep b you will get it at uni, where ar you going?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Subcutaneous)
    depends on the institution, ask about past medical history, if there is a concern they may do some asessmnts, ask about current medication, past immunisations, etc..SOME places do take blood, as for hep b you will get it at uni, where ar you going?
    Dundee University. Well the past medical stuff shouldn't be a problem and I 'm not on any meds, bit concerned with assessments though, I mean is it true if they don't think you're fit enough, they wont let you onto the course?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gjaykay)
    Dundee University. Well the past medical stuff shouldn't be a problem and I 'm not on any meds, bit concerned with assessments though, I mean is it true if they don't think you're fit enough, they wont let you onto the course?

yes, but things like mentall, back problems...etc, i have heard of one grossly obese woman not being let on, but apparently she had loads of other problems linked

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year

University open days

1. Bournemouth University
    Clearing Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 22 Aug '18
  2. University of Buckingham
    Postgraduate Open Evening Postgraduate
    Thu, 23 Aug '18
  3. University of Glasgow
    All Subjects Undergraduate
    Tue, 28 Aug '18
Poll
How are you feeling about GCSE results day?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.