Turn on thread page Beta

Keep anon as a lot of people know me on here

Ok so before I was with my boyfriend I had a lot of feelings for other girls (and boys)

I also kissed about 3/4 girls and went a little bit further with one of them, but when i started to see my boyfriend (about a year and a half ago) I decided id just wipe those feelings out of my head because there was nothing i could do now i was in a relationship.

Anyway we broke up a little while ago and I am starting to have these feelings again especially towards my close friend (who is bi-curious)

But I am not sure if these feelings are just sudden because I have come out of a serious relationship or I do actually want to try it on with this girl.

My head is so confused - I dont know if I need to try it or not to see if it feels right, ands I also dont want to out myself as bi-curious/ bi-sexual yet :|

ReputationRep:
    Does it really matter whether you are curious or truly bisexual?

All you need to know is that you have these feelings, and you certainly need to be ok with it.

Sexuality isn't clear cut most of the time. There is a spectrum and everyone is somewhere on it. You may just be somewhere between straight and bi on the spectrum (I know I am and I've come to terms with it).

I think it's important for you to explore the possibilities and see what it is that you like, but don't feel like you have to do something about it now.

Maybe you should just get used to being single for a while, then if the opportunity arises and you feel comfortable with the situation, do a little experimenting.

If you are worried that people will judge you, then maybe they aren't your true friends?

Good luck

ReputationRep:
    I don't think you need to jump and label yourself. It sounds like you are intrested and intregued by women and I don't think you should prevent yourself from experimenting or doing what you want to. At the end of the day just do what you are comfortable with.

There is a chance these feelings a re-emerging because you are single and you don't have your boyfriend occupying your time. It doesnt mean you didn't have those feelings when you were with him you might have just not beeing thinking about it.

Its up to you what you do and there certainly shouldnt be any pressure on you!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Keep anon as a lot of people know me on here

Ok so before I was with my boyfriend I had a lot of feelings for other girls (and boys)

I also kissed about 3/4 girls and went a little bit further with one of them, but when i started to see my boyfriend (about a year and a half ago) I decided id just wipe those feelings out of my head because there was nothing i could do now i was in a relationship.

Anyway we broke up a little while ago and I am starting to have these feelings again especially towards my close friend (who is bi-curious)

But I am not sure if these feelings are just sudden because I have come out of a serious relationship or I do actually want to try it on with this girl.

My head is so confused - I dont know if I need to try it or not to see if it feels right, ands I also dont want to out myself as bi-curious/ bi-sexual yet :|
    Well your friend is bi-curious and it sounds as though you are too. Forget about labels because they are useless!

Just do her good :yep: and if you like it then you will have your answer :woo:

ReputationRep:
    Your feelings and desires are more important than sticking a label on them. Some people's sexuality wavers considerably throughout their life, so if you wanna get it on with a girl, go for it.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 29, 2009
Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.