Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Is it possible that the Government encouraged the Met Office to give a sunny outlook for the summer in order to boost tourism revenue and thus the UK's economy?

It's seems a bit far-fetched, but not completely impossible.

ReputationRep:
    Gordons secret ploy no doubt!

ReputationRep:
    Was I supposed to laugh at this? 'Cause I did

ReputationRep:
    YES

This is my firm belief!

ReputationRep:
    If so, it's not the worst conspiracy to have occured is it?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Haeron)
    Was I supposed to laugh at this?
    :pinch:

Not really, no.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheMeister)
    :pinch:

Not really, no.
    Oh, sorry! :o:

However, I think you could gain a sort-of answer to your question from this:

Michael Fish. I'll say no more.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Haeron)
    Oh, sorry! :o:

However, I think you could gain a sort-of answer to your question from this:

Michael Fish. I'll say no more.
    :laugh:

ReputationRep:
    Apparently it's the Met Office's fault for saying there's a 65% chance of it being a hot summer.

ReputationRep:
    I like to think it's just them getting it wrong like the last few years :moon:

ReputationRep:
    you do know trying to read what the weather is going to do is very very hard, and they do get it wrong

they can only really look 5 days onwards and still get it wrong

ReputationRep:
    They said 65% chance.

Maybe they were right.

ReputationRep:
    The thing about the met and the weather is that they never guarantee anything - nor do they say that they are infallible.

There is never a question of them being wrong as they never put themselves in the position, since their inception, to be nothing more than a likely predictions do hickey....(technical term - no worth looking up :ninja: )

There is no right and there is no wrong - just things likely to happen based on past events and current meteorological trends.

Honestly, anyone who chatters insistently about weather should get a life - after 20 years on this planet and living in this country I think I know to be prepared for anything...all the time.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 30, 2009
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Have you ever participated in a Secret Santa?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.