Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Is it possible that the Government encouraged the Met Office to give a sunny outlook for the summer in order to boost tourism revenue and thus the UK's economy?

It's seems a bit far-fetched, but not completely impossible.

ReputationRep:
    Gordons secret ploy no doubt!

ReputationRep:
    Was I supposed to laugh at this? 'Cause I did

ReputationRep:
    YES

This is my firm belief!

ReputationRep:
    If so, it's not the worst conspiracy to have occured is it?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Haeron)
    Was I supposed to laugh at this?
    :pinch:

Not really, no.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheMeister)
    :pinch:

Not really, no.
    Oh, sorry! :o:

However, I think you could gain a sort-of answer to your question from this:

Michael Fish. I'll say no more.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Haeron)
    Oh, sorry! :o:

However, I think you could gain a sort-of answer to your question from this:

Michael Fish. I'll say no more.
    :laugh:

ReputationRep:
    Apparently it's the Met Office's fault for saying there's a 65% chance of it being a hot summer.

ReputationRep:
    I like to think it's just them getting it wrong like the last few years :moon:

ReputationRep:
    you do know trying to read what the weather is going to do is very very hard, and they do get it wrong

they can only really look 5 days onwards and still get it wrong

ReputationRep:
    They said 65% chance.

Maybe they were right.

ReputationRep:
    The thing about the met and the weather is that they never guarantee anything - nor do they say that they are infallible.

There is never a question of them being wrong as they never put themselves in the position, since their inception, to be nothing more than a likely predictions do hickey....(technical term - no worth looking up :ninja: )

There is no right and there is no wrong - just things likely to happen based on past events and current meteorological trends.

Honestly, anyone who chatters insistently about weather should get a life - after 20 years on this planet and living in this country I think I know to be prepared for anything...all the time.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 29, 2009

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.