Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Why has the proce of can drinks remained at 50p? Watch

ReputationRep:
    well i know you can get 4 cans for a quid at my local shop, but yeah i agree, cans have stayed quite low, maybe because at any higher price people would just go for a bottle?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Linweth)
    55p around here... the bottles have gone up to 93p too
    Depending where you go bottles can be uptp £1.05

depends where, in supermarkets and bigger shops or small shops in less busy areas they are <50p but in busy areas and in major cities etc. i've seen them go as high as 80p and in one corner shop that is surrounded by offices in london and is used sooo much, cans of regular coke are £1

i only buy them in bulk, and i get pepsi for 25p and other drinks are around 30 to 40p only, LIDL, tesco etc.!!
    i try to steer clear of corner shops unless they are less than 50p..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by A Fair Britain?)
    ...as far as I am aware, and everything else has increased, like milk etc.
    Well 500ml drinks is sometimes £1. It used to be 80p and then it went up to 90p then 95p

ReputationRep:
    They're 60p where I live. 65p in some places.

50p in the cans machine at school though

ReputationRep:
    Morrisions, coke zero multipacks on special offer, 16p a can

ReputationRep:
    around 55p around here but depends sometimes Iron-bru and KA is lke 35p

ReputationRep:
    55p in local newsagents
    42p in local sainsbury
    50p in local fast food place
    1pound @ hyde park about a month ago

ReputationRep:
    they are like 60-80p , £1 in some tourist places, and i don't live in a too expensive town!

ReputationRep:
    They're around 60-80p here.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by impervious)
    Depending where you go bottles can be uptp £1.05
    i've seen them up to £1.50

ReputationRep:
    want high prices for drinks?

go to the cinema

ReputationRep:
    They're 70p here. Bottles are £1.09 :|

ReputationRep:
    The cafe I work in we sell them for 95p :O:

ReputationRep:
    Average of 60p? I thought the vending machine at work was ripping us off at 60p a can, along with 50p for any chocolate (Twix, small bag of Maletesers, the standard vending machince snacks). The price has never changed in the 4 years I've been there.

ReputationRep:
    Until recently there was a vending machine in a local Tesco which sold them for 36p - sadly when they refurbed the shop it was removed.

ReputationRep:
    I think in our two corner shops cans are 50 - 60 p. The other one sells 500ml Pepsi bottles for 50 p though!

ReputationRep:
    Tesco have 42p cans of coke I think...it's service stations that I find really rip you off.

I guess prices aren't that high because there's not as much demand for them as there is in warmer places...up to 4 euros in cafes in southern europe, unless you go to the supermarkets/grocers where you can occasionally find them under a euro.

(Original post by Adonis)
    you all are getting ripped off.

25p =] from farmfoods and the like.
    Agreed. Don't be scared to buy the cheaper stuff, it's just as good.

By the way, I think you stole my smile. :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    Cans are rubbish. Coke never tastes as nice from a can, and it's almost impossible to drink from one without making irritating slurping noises. I even annoy myself if I drink from a can.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 31, 2009
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.