Northern
    15.02%
    Piccadilly
    14.16%
    Victoria
    6.44%
    Waterloo & City
    1.29%
    I have never travelled on the Underground.
    1.72%

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kiyon)
    has to be the Northern Line

the only thing connecting us northerners up in Barnet to the rest of London/reality
    lol same I travel from woodside park every morning and never have no problems also you get less wierdos on the northern line..only thing wrong with it is it is quite slow xx

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by A Stranger in Moscow)
    I like Central because it's red and it's the only one I've been on almost end to end, and I quite like the outside bits. I like District because it's green and I hardly ever get it so it's exciting. I like Northern because it's the one I'm most familiar with. Oh and Picadilly for memories (live 8, rhcp and also the Spanish exchange laughing at cockfosters)
    hahahaha I always laugh at cockfosters as well!!

ReputationRep:
    District Line coz the busker always plays Iron Maiden songs

ReputationRep:
    Central, baby!

ReputationRep:
    hammersmith cos its the one i used to get to uni .

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Chillaxer)
    Worst is Victoria. I had to get it whilst going to Brighton, to go to South London. It was packed and crappy.
    New trains will start to emerge on the Victoria Line starting this Autumn, and then at 1 new train every two weeks until the entire stock is replaced.

This will be a big improvement for the Victoria Line :yes:

ReputationRep:
    Circle cause I like sitting there and going round and round, just reading. Much better than the other lines for that, really.

All those people who like the Northern line, are you ******* crazy? It's the busiest, most delayed, most cramped, ******, etc. It's a hell hole stuffed into a sardine tin.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Né Stig)
    I chose Jubilee as it passes all important stations and runs from the imminent Olympic site through Canary Wharf to London Bridge through the West End. The trains are smart and clean, although some delays can be noticed! Stations are best on whole underground bar none - Canary Wharf or Westminster for example.

Northern - too over-crowded due to the fork.
    Central - quick trains that brake late, but always delays!
    District/Central/H&C/Met - one line goes down - they all go down!
    Bakerloo - no point. London Overground does half of it.
    Piccadilly - yeah I like. Not better than Jubilee though.
    Victoria - horrid, noisy, constant engineering works and all underground through tunnels!
    DLR - Cool, but over-crowded and too slow.
    W&C - cool as it's needed
    EL - No point. Who the hell wants to go SE London?

loooolll thats funny

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by EskimoJo)
    I love being on the Northern line, it usually means I'm going to see Arsenal (either at the Emirates or Barnet). :love: :arsenal:

Northern Line for Arsenal? :confused:

You walk from Archway back down towards the Emirates or do you change trains for something a bit nearer?

ReputationRep:
    Hammersmith and City .

ReputationRep:
    Bakerloo, because it's the only line to my house, is quick, and takes me straight to central.

Circle line is crap because it takes agggges, but I did go on the Circle line party a few yrs back, which was hillarious. :top:

ReputationRep:
    Northern Line ftw. You can from Barnet to Morden really fast. There's also a St. Pancras / Kings Cross station on it so you can jump straight on to the Eurostar for Paris.

It doesn't take long to get to stations like Bank and Victoria if you're commuting from somewhere like Clapham. It's just an awesome line.

ReputationRep:
    picadilly line al the way..takes me to work and to arsenal and to london..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Né Stig)
    I chose Jubilee as it passes all important stations and runs from the imminent Olympic site through Canary Wharf to London Bridge through the West End. The trains are smart and clean, although some delays can be noticed! Stations are best on whole underground bar none - Canary Wharf or Westminster for example.

EL - No point. Who the hell wants to go SE London?
    East London Line is dead anyway.

When it reopens next Summer it will be part of the London Overground, running from Dalston Junction down to West Croydon, Crystal Palace and New Cross via Shoreditch and Canada Water (on the North and South of the Thames respectively).

This is a vital link and saves a slow trip and changes from using DLR to either Lewisham/Greenwich.

The new trains for the East London bit of the Overground, will be the same as the new Class 378 that was running around between Richmond and Stratford today (378005 for those that are into that), and should give a very comfortable, spacious (and air conditioned!) journey.

ReputationRep:
    northern as my great grandad built balham station with his bare hands.

edit: i didnt mention he also did it single handedly:awesome:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cannyeinstein)
    why is anyone saying circle ?!!
    Its absolute w**k
    Piccadilly actualy goes places (when its not delayed) and doesnt just do a big annoying loop
    And, strangely enough, come December - nor will the Circle!

It will run from Hammersmith (H&C Station) to Edgware Road via Shepherds Bush Market, Edgware Road, Kings Cross, Liverpool St, Tower Hill, Victoria, Notting Hill Gate etc.

This does at least give more trains to people on the Hammersmith to Edgware Road via Shepherds Bush Market bit.

It will still be called the Circle Line though!

ReputationRep:
    Central

ReputationRep:
    Northern ftw :yep:
    Even if only for camden and kentish town :love:

ReputationRep:
    Central line ftw although it is awful at rush hour. It's the quickest, has the most useful stops and just awesome I live on it =]

ReputationRep:
    Northern - I get it from Waterloo on my way to Kings X
    Victoria - Also part of my journey to Kings X

I come back to Newcastle via Kings X which is why I like it :yes:

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.