Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    been going to the gym for 4 days and have been on a diet for 5 days. yes i know its not very long but i was hoping to lose 2 pounds a week and i only have two days left.
    ive been eating less and healthier, ive denied myself stuff and have gone to the gym and worry its all for nothing.
    i do cardio at gym and think i burn about 500 calories, maybe less.

i dont know whether to do more at the gym? it takes me like an hour to get there, with catching the bus and all, so by the time im home and im really hungry and tired. today i did 100 calories on rowing machine, 100 calories jogging, 100 calories on bike and 100 calories on cross trainer, i also did a few lenghs swimming...and 30 sit ups

what should i do?

ReputationRep:
    give it time, you'll really notice it in a few weeks, plus dont weigh yourself every day, your weight fluctuates so much

ReputationRep:
    Wait four weeks and if nothing has happened review your diet... I did not lose weight at first either but since the beginning of June I have lost 12lbs :woo:

ReputationRep:
    Give it about 4-6 weeks before you start expecting results.

ReputationRep:
    im not over weight so does this mean it will be harder??
    if im doing something wrong id rather fix it now than waste my time putting myself through all this for nothing.

ReputationRep:
    If your not over weight it will be harder.

review your diet, check how many calories your eating and how many you should be eating, if its right but your still not losing, start cutting down a bit more.

and also make sure your weighing yourself at the right time: in the morning before breakfast, after a dump.

this will make sure your weight never deviates due to factors such as food/water etc.

ReputationRep:
    remember it depends on ur body type. if you are already slim or or the right BMI, it'll be a lot harder to lose weight than if you are overweight. Keep it up, avoid snacks (like when you get in from the gym), and keep busy during the day

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.