Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Any Idea How to Get 20 UCAS Points In a Month? Watch

Don't wat to do foundation, a extra year and extra 10k.

The unis anal, i'm 20 points short, key skills don't count, has to be ICT related.

ReputationRep:
    What uni?

ReputationRep:
    open uni corse?? duno how long they take to enroll for, I did one and it knocked my points up nicely

ReputationRep:
    make your own website do like a project!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by morrisajm)
    make your own website do like a project!
    Yeah do something stupid like that, 20 points is like a joke isn't it?

ReputationRep:
    Maybe you can retake a module to boost your grade?
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    You might be able to do a course with a Learn Direct centre, but it is really the wrong time of year for most things

ReputationRep:
    There will be pretty much nothing open to you over the summer unfortunately.

ReputationRep:
    resits, general studies, go through clearing to go to a different uni?

Ye I thought I’m pretty screwed, I got robed on the a-levels, 1 of my units came back as F/ungraded due to someone cheating. Was the last time my college was doing the course as well so couldn’t resit.

The uni is university of Westminster, I wanted to do a 3 year network course. But because of the 20 points short I have to do a 4 year computer science with first year foundation. For one I don't want to do comp sci because its crap, secondly I don't want to do a extra year and 3rdly its like 10k a year :rolleyes:

No other uni is a option really and it’s pretty late to change.

ReputationRep:
    umm have you tried (I know its not ICT related) but speech and drama awards you could learn 3 pieces in a month and take the exam - that gives you a good number of UCAS points, as do the OU courses.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sam656)

The unis anal, i'm 20 points short, key skills don't count, has to be ICT related.
    Get an E at AS level. Worked for me :yep:

ReputationRep:
    Sorry to say but the shortest OU "interest" type course takes 5-6 months. 3 month work, 2-3 months till the exam board meets.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sam656)

At this late stage, assuming 2 September 2009 is the deadline by which you have to meet your offer conditions (ie not just complete a course but also to get the results for it) you haven't much of a hope, really. So you are left with either taking the alternative they've offered you, or declining it and looking for something else in Clearing, or taking a year out and resitting.

ReputationRep:
    I know that music grades give ucas points, around 40 if I'm not mistaken but I dont know if a month is enough to learn an instrument.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cornford4)
    I know that music grades give ucas points, around 40 if I'm not mistaken but I dont know if a month is enough to learn an instrument.
    Trust me, it isn't, even for Grade 1 and you need a lot higher than that to get UCAS points for it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cornford4)
    Only if they're grade 5 or above, which would also mean having to sit a theory exam, and music exams take months to get a place on.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Minerva)
    Trust me, it isn't, even for Grade 1 and you need a lot higher than that to get UCAS points for it.
    Grade 8 with merit is only 70 points (:proud:), so grade 1 must be nothing. I think it's grade 5 and up that start doing points, and even then it's not a lot.

ReputationRep:
    Ah, sorry OP I've only looked at grade 8 guitar. Also my number of UCAS points was wrong: http://www.ucas.com/students/ucas_tariff/tarifftables/

overall bad post by me then

Its ok, guess i gotta bite the bullet and do the crappy comp sci foundation.

maybe after first year i can switch courses.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
    Applying to uni

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Graduates celebrate

How to write a good personal statement

Expert PS advice from the people who will read it

Uni match

Uni match

Can't decide where to apply? Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Two students working together

A-Z of universities

Read our guides to unis and colleges from around the UK

A student working on a computer

Personal statement help

Use our tool to get your ideal PS quickly!

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student looking down a microscope

Planning open days

Find upcoming open days and get advice on preparing.

Help out other students

These questions still need an answer

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.