Any Idea How to Get 20 UCAS Points In a Month? Watch

This discussion is closed.
Sam656
Badges: 1
Report Thread starter 9 years ago
Don't wat to do foundation, a extra year and extra 10k.

The unis anal, i'm 20 points short, key skills don't count, has to be ICT related.
Kevin J
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
What uni?
haydoncrewduk
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
open uni corse?? duno how long they take to enroll for, I did one and it knocked my points up nicely
morrisajm
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
make your own website do like a project!
DJkG.1
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by morrisajm)
make your own website do like a project!
Yeah do something stupid like that, 20 points is like a joke isn't it?
saxty
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Maybe you can retake a module to boost your grade?
Juno
  • PS Reviewer
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
You might be able to do a course with a Learn Direct centre, but it is really the wrong time of year for most things
impervious
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
There will be pretty much nothing open to you over the summer unfortunately.
bigman_ben
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
resits, general studies, go through clearing to go to a different uni?
Sam656
Ye I thought I’m pretty screwed, I got robed on the a-levels, 1 of my units came back as F/ungraded due to someone cheating. Was the last time my college was doing the course as well so couldn’t resit.

The uni is university of Westminster, I wanted to do a 3 year network course. But because of the 20 points short I have to do a 4 year computer science with first year foundation. For one I don't want to do comp sci because its crap, secondly I don't want to do a extra year and 3rdly its like 10k a year :rolleyes:

No other uni is a option really and it’s pretty late to change.
hardy_4_paws
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
umm have you tried (I know its not ICT related) but speech and drama awards you could learn 3 pieces in a month and take the exam - that gives you a good number of UCAS points, as do the OU courses.
somethingbeautiful
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by Sam656)

The unis anal, i'm 20 points short, key skills don't count, has to be ICT related.
Get an E at AS level. Worked for me :yep:
Vokes
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Sorry to say but the shortest OU "interest" type course takes 5-6 months. 3 month work, 2-3 months till the exam board meets.
Minerva
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by Sam656)

At this late stage, assuming 2 September 2009 is the deadline by which you have to meet your offer conditions (ie not just complete a course but also to get the results for it) you haven't much of a hope, really. So you are left with either taking the alternative they've offered you, or declining it and looking for something else in Clearing, or taking a year out and resitting.
cornford4
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
I know that music grades give ucas points, around 40 if I'm not mistaken but I dont know if a month is enough to learn an instrument.
Minerva
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by cornford4)
I know that music grades give ucas points, around 40 if I'm not mistaken but I dont know if a month is enough to learn an instrument.
Trust me, it isn't, even for Grade 1 and you need a lot higher than that to get UCAS points for it.
psychocustard
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by cornford4)
Only if they're grade 5 or above, which would also mean having to sit a theory exam, and music exams take months to get a place on.
ashy
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by Minerva)
Trust me, it isn't, even for Grade 1 and you need a lot higher than that to get UCAS points for it.
Grade 8 with merit is only 70 points (:proud:), so grade 1 must be nothing. I think it's grade 5 and up that start doing points, and even then it's not a lot.
cornford4
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Ah, sorry OP I've only looked at grade 8 guitar. Also my number of UCAS points was wrong: http://www.ucas.com/students/ucas_tariff/tarifftables/

overall bad post by me then
Sam656
Its ok, guess i gotta bite the bullet and do the crappy comp sci foundation.

maybe after first year i can switch courses.
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Buckingham
    Psychology Taster Tutorial Undergraduate
    Fri, 14 Dec '18
  • University of Lincoln
    Mini Open Day at the Brayford Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 19 Dec '18
  • University of East Anglia
    UEA Mini Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 4 Jan '19

Were you ever put in isolation at school?

Yes (76)
27.54%
No (200)
72.46%

Watched Threads