Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hi

I'm starting mmu in September to study English and I've just been offered a room at Mill Point. My problem is that I chose this without reading much about it, and based it on the fact that I quite like to have my own shower etc. After hearing that Mill point has a reputation for being full of stuck up rich kids i'm starting to re consider, not to mention it is a bit too pricey. To cut a long story short i've been given the option to accept a room at Cavendish halls which seems like a better option because its located on the All Saints campus and its cheaper, but I read that they just have single dorms, does this mean that you don't live with flatmates? where are the kitchens bathrooms etc? advice from anyone living in Cavendish halls would be appreciated. Thanks!

I don't go to MMU but I thought I'd stick my oar in anyway.

If you can afford it, go to the place with your own shower. Sounds like Cavendish is the standard bathroom and kitchen on each corridor scenario. I stayed somewhere similar - twelve rooms to one shower and three toilets. Not great. It's made worse by others on the corridor having overnight guests and lengthening the queue for a shower in the morning.

MMU isn't a rah university - I doubt that any of the halls are dominated by rich kids.

ReputationRep:
    Nothing about Mark cavendish
    You fail

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AntiMonarchist)
    Nothing about Mark cavendish
    You fail

LMFAO

ReputationRep:
    Hi, im a bit worried! ive been accepted to mill point aswell and cant get anywhere else as MMU are stating there is no where else available! Any info on what Mill Point is like....

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year

University open days

1. Manchester Metropolitan University
    Autumn Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 13 Oct '18
  2. Manchester Metropolitan University
    Autumn Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 20 Oct '18
  3. Manchester Metropolitan University
    Postgraduate Courses Fair Postgraduate
    Wed, 14 Nov '18
Poll
Do you want your parents to be with you when you collect your A-level results?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.