Turn on thread page Beta

Festival essentials + tips watch

ReputationRep:
    Howdy, so what would you say are essential items to take to a festival? Also any general tips? Thanks

ReputationRep:
    toilet paper :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by channy)
    Howdy, so what would you say are essential items to take to a festival? Also any general tips? Thanks
    Sonisphere? Camping stuff, food, cash, booze, phones etc

ReputationRep:
    Booze, toilet paper, sun cream, tent, sleeping bag, clothes, food. That's all you need. If you take anything else you will just regret it.

General tips: speak to as many folk as possible. One of the most fun things about festivals are making friends with random folk. And drink heavily all weekend.

ReputationRep:
    Have a look here,I used a list similar to this when I went

ReputationRep:
    Whatever you do make sure the tent poles are with the tent! Its not much fun getting to the airport and finding out that you've forgotten them and have to buy a new tent!

ReputationRep:
    Suncream and shoes that will survive a mosh and the probable mud.

ReputationRep:
    Ticket, tent, sleeping bag, rucksack, spare clothes, wellies, torch, money, some form of id, baby wipes, etc

ReputationRep:
    Waterproof coat. Believe me. It will rain and a waterproof coat and wellies will make your life a trillion times happier and drier. It's relatively easy to keep warm if you're dry, but if you're wet it's impossible. A camera is good too, how good a camera is up to you and how good you think you'll be at looking after it :p: General consensus is if you take anything like a half decent one then attach a neck strap to it long enough so that you can put it in your pocket with it still around your neck. I lent my friend a strap for this and making it next to impossible to nick aside she found it stopped her dropping it in the mud countless times :p:

ReputationRep:
    BABY WIPES I used them for nearly everything

Anti-bacterial handwash, toilet paper, waterproof, a torch

ReputationRep:
    A sensible tent - my mates parents (lifelong festival bums) use a canvas tent 'cause of the number of times their tents caught on fire/been set fire to. Loo roll is a must, as it a good waterproof. Take enough clothes but don't wear anything you don't want to get trashed, because you probably will get filthy and ripped. Sunglasses are good, as is money and ID.

ReputationRep:
    If you wear contacts, take a mirror. A disposable camera is also an excellent shout

ReputationRep:
    other than the obvioes (tent, sleeping bag, day bag, clothes, money belt, wellies etc) i never go without baby wipes (soo useful) and immodium tablets, you want to put off #2s as long as possible with those toilets.

ReputationRep:
    Baby wipes. Booze. Plasters. TICKET. Tent. Sleeping bag (I suggest a shmangle blanket). Painkillers. Toothbrush. Toothpaste. Dry shampoo. Toilet roll. Wellies. Deoderant. I wouldn't bother with make-up but maybe concealer? Money. Sunglasses. I think that's it..
    EDIT: Oh I highly suggest a bumbag of sorts or at least an across-the-body bag!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by paulapie)
    Baby wipes. Booze. Plasters. TICKET. Tent. Sleeping bag (I suggest a shmangle blanket). Painkillers. Toothbrush. Toothpaste. Dry shampoo. Toilet roll. Wellies. Deoderant. I wouldn't bother with make-up but maybe concealer? Money. Sunglasses. I think that's it..
    Thanks but make-up? also I've never heard of dry shampoo!

ReputationRep:
    toilet paper, money and drink, unless you want to pay about £4 for a warm carling, you don't want to take anything that if you lose is going to cost a hell of a lot of money

ReputationRep:
    http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=833359
    http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=967968
    :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by channy)
    Thanks but make-up? also I've never heard of dry shampoo!
    Oh dry shampoo will be your saviour! You can get it in most places such as Boots easily. I have stuff called Baliste, or something like that. The "Tropical" one smells quite nice too. It's just great for keeping your hair looking fresh after a few days camping!
    Also a wee mirror and of course ID I forgot on my original list lol

ReputationRep:
    Oust or similar.
    Toilet paper
    Antibacterial hand gel
    Wet wipes
    Wellies
    At least one change of shoes
    Loads of spare socks
    Earplugs
    Painkillers
    Condoms
    Booze (although some festivals don't allow you to bring your own and none allow glass bottles)
    A big flag of some description
    A ridiculous hat of some description
    A pillow
    Can't think of anything else at the moment.

ReputationRep:
    Hand sanitiser, most definitely. And packs of tissues rather than loo roll - much easier to carry round with you. When watching bands I prefer to drink spirits (either straight or with a mixer) as it means you don't have to pee as much - trying to find people again in a massive crowd after a loo stop = impossible!

Poll
Who is most responsible for your success at university
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.