Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I was on a night out with 3 friends and we met a small group of guys, I really hit it off with one in particular and find him really handsome! We did have a little kiss, I was only just having a little fun not thinking anything of it.

However...the next day he managed 2 contact me remembering my name and adding me on facebook and asking my friend for my number. But when we talked we realised our age difference is 8 years!!!

The following weekend i agreed to go on a date with him, and had a really gud time went to a few bars, he payed for everything, we kept being really affectionate throughout the night and there was some real chemistry between us.

please girls inn particular give me ur opinion..IS 8 YEARS JUST WRONG??? we did talk about the age thing and his last GF was 17 and i'm soon to be 17 (he is soon going to be 25), hmm....!!! :confused:

ReputationRep:
    Is he 12?

ReputationRep:
    The fact that you're making such a big deal about it clearly shows it is too big for you.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Reue)
    The fact that you're making such a big deal about it clearly shows it is too big for you.
    That's what she said :awesome:

ReputationRep:
    24 duh! :eek:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Blondi)
    I think the real question is; What are you doing in bars? Go back home and do your homework kiddo.

ReputationRep:
    how is it duh? you didn't tell us your age at all...

ReputationRep:
    He's 16?!?! Ugggh yes

ReputationRep:
    my parents have 8 years between them but you're a bit young i think.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Reue)
    I think the real question is; What are you doing in bars? Go back home and do your homework kiddo.
    This! +rep!!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sil3nt_cha0s)
    That's what she said :awesome:
    :awesome:

ReputationRep:
    yes it is wrong.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dodo XD)
    This! +rep!!!
    :mad: dude please! lets keep this Mature
    i know my limit unlike some foolish girls u c out !

ReputationRep:
    I think it's a big age difference now but if you were say 40 and he was 48 then it's not too bad but you change so much between the ages of 17 and 24, but saying that my best friend is gay and he's 17 next month and he's seeing a 23 year old and they get on great. So it depends on you both but if your not 100% sure then the gaps too big.

ReputationRep:
    :mad: dude please! lets keep this Mature
    i know my limit unlike some foolish girls u c out !
    When did i turn into a dude? :confused: Is the little pink figure next to my username not big enough for you hun?

ReputationRep:
    How old are you both mentally?

There's 11 years between my partner and I. i'm now 20 and he soon to be 31. we have been together 3 years. At first my parents were a bit cautious but once they got to know him, they think he's smashing. admittedly, he still likes star wars and playing with lego and i'm quite mature for my age.

Be carefull, if his last girlfriend was 17, is he genuinely attracted to you or does he just like young women?

I say go for it, or you'll never know.

ReputationRep:
    why can't he get a girl his own age?

ReputationRep:
    I was on a night out with 3 friends and we met a small group of guys, I really hit it off with one in particular and find him really handsome! We did have a little kiss, I was only just having a little fun not thinking anything of it.

However...the next day he managed 2 contact me remembering my name and adding me on facebook and asking my friend for my number. But when we talked we realised our age difference is 8 years!!!

The following weekend i agreed to go on a date with him, and had a really gud time went to a few bars, he payed for everything, we kept being really affectionate throughout the night and there was some real chemistry between us.

please girls inn particular give me ur opinion..IS 8 YEARS JUST WRONG??? we did talk about the age thing and his last GF was 17 and i'm soon to be 17 (he is soon going to be 25), hmm....!!! :confused:
    I don't think its wrong at all, what I think is that you need to make sure he isn't just taking advantage of you. Plus,maybe you should wait til you're 18 or something?

ReputationRep:

AS cliche as this sounds, well here goes.
    Age is but a number. It's inside your heart what counts. Love has no limits.
    It's the truth!

ReputationRep:
    I'm surprised no one has used that formula to work out if he's too old yet :curious:

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 30, 2009
Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.