Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ellieg33)
    Ohhh I'm just a bit of a grammar freak, tbh! :p:
    Don't worry, I actually flinched/cringed when I saw that avatar :P

Anyway, back on topic...

My GCSE IT teacher; he was a pervert and actually had a restraining order placed on him by one of the girls. He would have favourites and would contradict himself by telling us to do one thing, then telling us we all did it wrong. There were only 4 girls (including me) in our GCSE Double Award IT class and he always sat right behind us, watching us do our work... it was creepy.

[But like others have said, I don't hate him - far too strong a word. Try extremely dislike...]

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kytiane)
    Don't worry, I actually flinched/cringed when I saw that avatar :P

Anyway, back on topic...

My GCSE IT teacher; he was a pervert and actually had a restraining order placed on him by one of the girls. He would have favourites and would contradict himself by telling us to do one thing, then telling us we all did it wrong. There were only 4 girls (including me) in our GCSE Double Award IT class and he always sat right behind us, watching us do our work... it was creepy.

[But like others have said, I don't hate him - far too strong a word. Try extremely dislike...]

luckkyyyy, we didnt even have a teacher, ours got too stressed with things aparently , there were alot rumours about him and a girl in a cupboard. he left after about 2 weeks , they didnt replace him with a real teacher. just some woman who sat playing on her computer

ReputationRep:
    My French teachers from my old school. They were absolute >euphemism<. The woman was a terrible teacher, yet she was head of MFL ( :mad: ). She spent whole double lessons, quite easily, just CHATTING. When we did mock exams, the whole process took FOREVER because she wouldn't use mark schemes, and she would chat throughout. I rarely get so angry as I did with her. The man was incredibly pretentious, although an alright teacher tbh. They both had favourites, but he was just slightly worse as far as this went (they were both awfully pretentious, I spose he did well in outdoing epic awfulness) so that no matter how hard others worked, and how much other students might pwn someone with their results, it wouldn't make a difference to their discriminations.
    I considered seriously sending a letter to the head about them, and also my English teacher (who was a terrible teacher. Horrendous doesn't quite cut it). I could always prepare one and take it on results day. Very tempting.
    It was an all-round terrible school, though, honestly.

*worked up*

ReputationRep:
    I have a teacher that hated me ...

Second week of Year 7 back in 2001, had woodwork. The teacher was showing how to properly use all the tools, like the vice, hammer, sandpaper, etc, all basic stuff, and everyone was copying the instructions and motions etc. So he was demonstrating how to use this particular saw, made a fist and motioned it backwards and forwards ... you know? So, absentmindedly I copied it. When suddenly he started shouting at me, I can't remember what he said exactly - something about not having respect - but I had never been shouted at like it in my life, I thought he was on the verge of punching me in the face, and I couldn't understand what on earth I had done. So when we left the room I asked everyone in the class that I knew what had just happened, and nobody knew.

Now I understand it, he obviously thought I was calling him a w***** to my friends. Unbelievable as it was, I didn't even know that sign at that age. :dontknow: I was surprisingly innocent ... I don't think he ever spoke to me again after that, but I moved schools 3 weeks later anyway. Pity, I wish I could somehow explain to him, I don't want to be remembered like that. But it was his fault, I can't really believe he thought that's what I was doing!

ReputationRep:
    english teachers because they always thought there lesson was better then maths....hahahhaha NO

ReputationRep:
    :mad: my scottish pig of a maths teacher, who yelled at people when they asked for help and got away with throwing board markers at people. He was the reason for my C in math :mad:

ReputationRep:
    I didnt hate him, but my old french teacher was horrible to me. At the beginning of secondary school I lived abroad for a year where they didn't teach french at all - literally just how to count. Moved home and went to a school far away from where I lived until I got a place at my local school. At the school far away I was taught french & german, really good at german but I've never managed to grasp french as a language. At the school close to me you were only allowed to do german as well as french if you were good at french, but I was allowed to do both as I was good at german.... Anyway, this teacher always put me down for not being any good at french, but I was in a top set as I was doing german too (I know you've lost me ). Kept saying there was no reason for me to do german if I couldn't do french, as everyone knows you have to be good at french to be able to be good at german. wtf Always used to annouce my score in tests to the class, UGH. REALLY didn't like him!

ReputationRep:
    My old A Level History teacher. She had her favourites; the ones that were really good at it. She used to pick on me a lot because I really struggled, yet she refused to let me drop it, even at breaking point. She used to ask me questions in front of the whole class when she knew fully well I didn't know the answer, yet when I did know the answer, she ignored me. She also told me my A2 Individual Assignment wasn't going to be very good, an E or D at most. I got a B, 5 marks from an A. Oh, how I rejoiced. My younger brother tells me she's still picking on those who struggle...some things never change.
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    two teachers i hated with a passion.

1)a PE teacher who was young an an absoulte *********, one day he threatened me, i told the head. end of term he left.

2) a stupid (aussi) english teacher who was a temp (we knew more than her in some cases) she had obviously lied to get the job. she was hated by many and left after 6 months.

but to be fair most of my teachers were great.

6th form teachers are the same, one has a legendary name (computing) he's called charlie brown

ReputationRep:
    Old maths teacher. She was a nasty piece of work, used to hate me for some reason. It seemed every year she picked two or three people and tried to destroy them.

I remember doing a "punishment essay" (those words make me laugh nowadays) and I underlined the title slightly wonky; literally one or two degrees out and she made me redo the whole thing.

I wish I knew were she lived so I could dump a few kilos of faeces on her doorstep.

ReputationRep:
    my business studies teacher. he's a disgustingly terrible excuse for a teacher. he hated me, for no real reason other than the fact that he hated my older brother. he used to pick on me all the time and would always give me detentions and let other people off. and when i didn't turn up to his detentions he would go to my head of year and talk **** about me to her. also, he used to swear at me.. he once said, "shut the **** up!" to me. my friends even backed me up to my head of year, but nothing really came of it. oh yeah and a friend of mine was in his tutor group.. her dad died and he told her to get over it, in front of the whole class.. he got sacked eventually! :]

also.. my year 7 maths teacher. i've always been terrible at maths, and hes one of those if-you-don't-understand-first-time-i-have-no-time-for-you teachers. if i didn't understand something he'd shout at me for not listening - when i was listening.. i just didn't understand.

oh gosh my year 9 geog teacher!. she was the biggest ***** ever. she told us that she "doesn't like children" and "hates teaching." haha. yeah she was just an idiot basically. she actually sat there doing her nails in the lesson once, while we were just sitting there doing nothing.

ReputationRep:
    My art teacher she ignored me and my friends and had favourites. She didn't help much at all and just critisised our work on the odd occasion. It was never constructive criticism though, just criticism. She always disagreed with what I did too which is a load of crap because its art and we are supposed to be expressive in our work. I didn't do anything stupid or unreasonable and I stayed with in the guidelines for the GCSE but still she insisted I do something similar to her favourites in the class.
    When our GCSE fashion show rolled round though she had a real go at me because I disagreed with her suggestion. Her suggestion being that I should make my outfit more like someone else!!! (One of her favourites) I'd finished before everyone else on my outfit and it was so obvious that other girl copied off me but she wouldn't listen. But when it came to the actual fashion show I got loads of people complimenting me and people who had told her and other teachers that they thought my outfit was amazing. HA. She couldn't say anything then and was even all ' Well done! Thats great, you've done a good job.' Yes, no thanks to you and had the audacity to act as if she had helped...

What a painful two years...

ReputationRep:
    My old deputy head.

He was aggressive, violent, intimidating and should never have been allowed to work with children. I frequently saw him shoving children out of his way and actually holding some against a wall whilst 'questioning' them.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by amy1395)
    Year 2 teacher, told me my handwriting was (in her words) "Worse than her dogs would be if it could write". *****.
    Haha. That could be the crappiest insult I've ever heard. :/

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by oh_adele)
    Haha. That could be the crappiest insult I've ever heard. :/
    How would you feel being told that when you are six?

ReputationRep:
    All of the PE staff. One in particular though, because in the first lesson of Year 7 - literally the first day of lessons... she insisted on holding my hand and making me skip around the tennis court with her. She didn't make anyone else. I was mortified, and have hated her ever since.

ReputationRep:
    Mr. Beale, for deterring anyone with fewer than five 'A*'s at GCSE from applying to Oxbridge, and compelling everyone with more than seven to do so regardless of personal preference. Granted, you couldn't ask for a better English-teacher - his lessons were entertaining, insightful, eloquent and impassioned - but he was also a pompous, domineering, arrogant, officious ******* of a man, and someone I grew increasingly to despise during my two-year stint at sixth-form.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LuhLah)
    Yep, I'm leaving it there to see how many people notice it :rofl:
    Convenient

ReputationRep:
    All my teachers :loved: me
    Except for my Chemistry A level teacher, constantly watching me when i was doing class experiments. She made me so nervous creeping up behind me and made me break a piece of equipment and demanded i paid. Ha she could have shoved that request up her ***, because I told her it was her fault. After that our relationship(if you call it that) went down. :rant:

ReputationRep:
    This old English teacher. It always seemed that she disliked me, but I didn't want to say anything because everybody would just think I was whining. My mother ended up talking to her on the phone about class because my brother and I both had her, and when she got off the phone she wouldn't tell me something. When I kept asking her, she finally told me, "Well I don't think she likes you." Then my friend told me at lunch the same thing. I want to know what I did to her. :eek3:

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.