Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I'm not impressed! I've lost weight, and my uniform is now too big on me, luckily i dont need to wear it until october, so im going to re-order a new set at the start of september, anyway I went into the office today, with my old set, telling them it was too big now, and asked about re-ordering and cost...

and she told me i'd be expected to pay for the new set myself...

http://www.alexandra.co.uk/prodDetai...e=Dress&lmt=NA - £20!!!!! £20!!! and thats just for the dress, and i hate the dresses

The tunic and trousers are much worse, £18 just for the tunic!! http://www.alexandra.co.uk/prodDetai...e=Tunic&lmt=NA

I'm going to atleast need a set of 3, I have no idea how im going to afford this, is there any help i can dip into, ie the RCN, uni?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Subcutaneous)
    I'm not impressed! I've lost weight, and my uniform is now too big on me, luckily i dont need to wear it until october, so im going to re-order a new set at the start of september, anyway I went into the office today, with my old set, telling them it was too big now, and asked about re-ordering and cost...

and she told me i'd be expected to pay for the new set myself...

http://www.alexandra.co.uk/prodDetai...e=Dress&lmt=NA - £20!!!!! £20!!! and thats just for the dress, and i hate the dresses

The tunic and trousers are much worse, £18 just for the tunic!! http://www.alexandra.co.uk/prodDetai...e=Tunic&lmt=NA

I'm going to atleast need a set of 3, I have no idea how im going to afford this, is there any help i can dip into, ie the RCN, uni?
    get your navy trousers from Primark - £5 each

as for the tunics - are there any students who have just qualified thata re the same size as you? Maybe you could buy their old uniforms off them?

ReputationRep:
    Put the weight back on!
    Problem solved.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JackieS)
    get your navy trousers from Primark - £5 each

as for the tunics - are there any students who have just qualified thata re the same size as you? Maybe you could buy their old uniforms off them?

I looked in primark twice for those trousers and still havn't found them!!!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Subcutaneous)
    I looked in primark twice for those trousers and still havn't found them!!!!
    clearly youaren't looking hard enough I have seen them in EVERY primark I've been in

ReputationRep:
    If you're really in need (i.e. can prove fiscally), potentially uni hardship funds...but don't know if they'd do it or not.

I went through several sets of (bottle green) trousers during my placements - such is life!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by swiftuk)
    I went through several sets of (bottle green) trousers during my placements - such is life!
    doesn't get much better when you qualify lol!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JackieS)
    doesn't get much better when you qualify lol!
    Hehe...except I haven't gone into clinical (both good and bad, as I love what I'm doing, but really miss clinical)...non-clinical clothing is more expensive

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brexit voters: Do you stand by your vote?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.