Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi,

It seems like it has taken forever but I've finally been offered a conditional place to transfer onto the adult nursing Bsc course in the 2nd year at KCL, as long as I pass this year (which I think I will) :yes: (long story short I hate the uni I'm in now so I want to transfer)

Anyway, if I do transfer I'll have about a week to sort out where I'm living and things (I come from derby) which will be stressful. I was wondering if there's anyone who's going to be in their 2nd year at king's in September 2009 who could tell me what it's like and what to expect. I'm also worried about how I'm going to make friends after you've all had a year to get to know each other, so it would be nice to maybe chat to people before I start.

what are lectures like? staff? other students? what is the workload like? and have you enjoyed your placements so far? blahh blahh blahh

Hope to talk to youuuu

Lindz xxx

ReputationRep:
    Hey, Im about to go onto my 2nd year. the workload here is quite intense (thats according to other unis though) and we are expected to get good grades, the lectures are quite cool, and the lecturers do their best to keep them entertaining! The other students are quite nice and everyones (apart from a select few) is quite lovely. Placement, we get assigned trusts; Tommy's and Guys, st georges, kings college, lewisham or bromley. personall i hated my first placement, but i quite enjoy my second one and have just finished for the summer

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lillylillylilly)
    Hey, Im about to go onto my 2nd year. the workload here is quite intense (thats according to other unis though) and we are expected to get good grades, the lectures are quite cool, and the lecturers do their best to keep them entertaining! The other students are quite nice and everyones (apart from a select few) is quite lovely. Placement, we get assigned trusts; Tommy's and Guys, st georges, kings college, lewisham or bromley. personall i hated my first placement, but i quite enjoy my second one and have just finished for the summer
    Aww thank you for replying. I've heard the work load is intense but I've sort of prepared myself for that and my grades so far have been pretty good (60%-88%) so I hope that will work in my favour. I know all unis have their faults but Sheffield Hallam is so awful I can't imagine King's being anything like it. I'm glad you said about the lectures, they sound a lot better than the ones we get here. I hated my first placement too (i was moved 4 times in one placement and never had chance to settle anywhere). I'm glad you enjoyed your second one though. Where were you placements?

Lindsey xxx

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.