Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Huh, try getting hammered when your dad made you take your brother for no apparent reason and you're not supposed to be drinking and if your brother sees you he will tell your dad and you're in big trouble... that's my situation anyway, is there any way I can possibly get out of taking my brother? On the one hand he has no interest in Cambridge, he's also too thick, and what the hell's he going to do there while I'm being grilled? On the other hand I already bought two train tickets... any ideas?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ZJuwelH)
    Huh, try getting hammered when your dad made you take your brother for no apparent reason and you're not supposed to be drinking and if your brother sees you he will tell your dad and you're in big trouble... that's my situation anyway, is there any way I can possibly get out of taking my brother? On the one hand he has no interest in Cambridge, he's also too thick, and what the hell's he going to do there while I'm being grilled? On the other hand I already bought two train tickets... any ideas?
    Erm, why is he going?? :confused: Sell him for labour for a few days and then buy him back a few days later

ReputationRep:
    Just say it is a personal experience and so has nothing to do with your brother...I mean at your age, you shouldn't have to do such things really..is your dad suggesting that you should take your bro to catalyse an interest in Cam?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Blamps)
    Erm, why is he going?? :confused: Sell him for labour for a few days and then buy him back a few days later
    That's what I said, I haven't got a scooby why he's going. My old man said take him and you'll have someone to talk to. BS, firstly I don't talk to my family anyway, and secondly I'd prefer to go by myself, if not with a friend. But my brother could easily say no, so why the hell has he agreed to go? Probably so my dad has someone to to keep an eye on me to make sure I don't a) flop the interview, and b) do anything to muck up the family name (including anything unIslamic), and even then it would require a bribe to make my brother go...

ReputationRep:
    Just say it is a personal experience and so has nothing to do with your brother...I mean at your age, you shouldn't have to do such things really..is your dad suggesting that you should take your bro to catalyse an interest in Cam?
    That's probably the motive, it's just me and my parents who really want to see me at Oxbridge, everyone else has the snob stereotype in their head and (though they wish me good luck) they don't like the image. Snobs eh, well I've put up with this family long enough, I think I can handle any more snobs! Anyway for this reason my little brother doesn't consider Oxbridge (plus that he's a dosser wanting to take some PR degree or something, and not as academically successful as yours truly). My dad says he wants us three brothers to have healthy competition with regards to studies, failing to realise As mean little to either of us and that they ain't competition to me...

ReputationRep:
    Good point though Blamps, I'll definitely raise it, thanks!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ZJuwelH)
    :cool: Why thank you!
    well definetly not you!!

ReputationRep:
    Thanks for the thread eric - I hope to be a good mod!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Adhsur)
    Thanks for the thread eric - I hope to be a good mod!
    well you always have been a good member.

now you can threaten people to kiss your feet and if they dont they are banned.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by eric bischoff)
    well you always have been a good member.

now you can threaten people to kiss your feet and if they dont they are banned.
    Hmmmm, I may try that. Grovel eric or else!!

ReputationRep:
    Hmmmm, I may try that. Grovel eric or else!!
    try it

but not on me!!

ReputationRep:
    try it

but not on me!!
    Not on you eh? I don't think you're allowed to speak back to an almighty mod...I'm one step away from banning you.

ReputationRep:
    Not on you eh? I don't think you're allowed to speak back to an almighty mod...I'm one step away from banning you.
    i mean..

oh mighty god with your almighty spirit please keep the poor little slave eric at uk learning forum. (will that work?)

Adhsur: It will

ReputationRep:
    i mean..

oh mighty god with your almighty spirit please keep the poor little slave eric at uk learning forum. (will that work?)

Adhsur: It will

ReputationRep:
    Abuse of power. Rage against oppression!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 2776)
    Abuse of power. Rage against oppression!
    Oh really hehe

ReputationRep:
    Well done Adhsur, u were 1 of my favourite members neway. Its well deserved! Hope your better than Edders!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kuz)
    Hope your better than Edders!
    Don't insult a follower of the Way! You shall be poked with many pointy things for that misdemeanor!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kuz)
    Well done Adhsur, u were 1 of my favourite members neway. Its well deserved! Hope your better than Edders!
    what was wrong with edders...? hes the only mod i ever see doing anything to be honest.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ShOcKzZ)
    what was wrong with edders...? hes the only mod i ever see doing anything to be honest.
    His Crap. He always has to delete or change anything he doesn't agree with even if it is purely someones opinion. He doesn't think that people should be able to express there point of view even if it is within forum rules

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: December 5, 2003
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.