The Student Room Group

Drama Applications 2010!

So, pretty much, the same as last years '2009' thread...just for those of us applying this year!!!
Where are you all applying/what for?
Figured it would be a good time to start firing around questions! :smile:

I'm applying for (still need to take one off of this list):

Central - Drama, Applied Theatre & Education
LIPA - Community Drama
East 15 - Community Theatre
Bishop Grosetesste - Drama in the community
Exeter - Drama
Kingston - Drama

I'm also considering RSAMD - Contemporary Performance Practice

Scroll to see replies

well i'll be here with all your Central-related questions :smile:

i applied (and got subsequent interviews at:smile:
manchester
london south bank
cssd
queen mary
royal holloway
LIPA: Community Drama
Liverpool Hope: Creative and Performing Arts
DMU: Drama

i'm deciding between:
Brighton: Performance and Visual Arts (Theatre)
Leeds Met: Art, Events, Performance
Goldsmiths: Drama and Theatre Arts
Reply 3
I'm here for any potential techies or for Mountview apply-ees under any discipline. So, if you need a hand, give me a bell.
Reply 4
I second Seba_Nile's offer of help for any potential Stage Managers/Techies, but from a LAMDA perspective :smile:
everybody who is applying or thinking of drama school

CHECK OUT THE BRAND SPANKING NEW STICKY!!!

linky in my siggy :smile:
Reply 6
I'm-a Reapplying this year for

Central - Theatre Practice - Performance Arts
Exeter - Drama
Glasgow - Drama
Goldsmith's - Drama and Theatre Arts
and
Birmingham - Drama and Theatre Arts

(Hopefully, unless I change my mind :P)
Mazzia

Exeter - Drama
Glasgow - Drama
and

that's my course!!! any questions about it/the people/the application/portfolio/terms etc in fact anything about central or the course :yy:
Reply 8
:smile:
Ta Francescarella, love
If anything comes into my head I'll make sure you're my first port of call :P
Reply 9
Mazzia

Exeter - Drama
Glasgow - Drama
and

Just to point out that your signature is very correct.

Morrissey does = Legend
xoxox
I'm hoping to apply for Technical Theatre/Scenic Arts this year, here is what I have lined up/what I'd like to apply to;

RSAMD - Technical Theatre (The Scenic/Props/Costume route)
Mountview - Technical Theatre
Rose Bruford - Scenic Arts
Guildhall - Technical Theatre
Central - Technical Theatre
Bristol Old Vic

My top picks right now are RSAMD and Rose Bruford, can anyone give me any insight into any of these courses though? Thanks in advance!
wastedxtime
I'm hoping to apply for Technical Theatre/Scenic Arts this year, here is what I have lined up/what I'd like to apply to;

Bristol Old Vic

My top picks right now are RSAMD and Rose Bruford, can anyone give me any insight into any of these courses though? Thanks in advance!

lol no but you have blatantly missed out the fact there are Central, Mountview and LAMDA techies in this thread :rofl:
Hello Drama society....

UCAS..
Central - Acting
Drama Centre - Acting

RADA - Acting
LAMDA - Acting
BRISTOL - Acting
GUILDHALL - Acting
Reply 13
wastedxtime

Bristol Old Vic

Obviously anything that's accredited is bloody fab, but talking to a few professional stage managers, they said LAMDA and Bristol old vic were the two best courses for technical courses. Any reason you've eliminated LAMDA? I got a place at Bristol; the place was great but for personal reasons and the general feeling, I chose London.
Reply 14
wastedxtime

Bristol Old Vic

As far as scenic arts goes RSAMD its really good from what I know about it but I would avoid Rose Bruford as a priority until you have open-dayed and spoken to staff and pupils. I know people who have gone their and been throughly disappointed with the course. Its not bad but even the teachers have told people to go to Central/Mountview/LAMDA etc if you get in.
I'm not saying they are bad but I wouldn't put them as a top priority until you've been there.
Ooh I forgot about LAMDA! That one looks good too, and I like the look of Rosie B because, personally we have links with the school (my sixth form) and we've had alot of people go there and I like the look of it. I've heard alot from former pupils of our school who liked it too :smile:

But yeah Mountview is one of the tops even though it's only two years, I'd love some insight into that and LAMDA aaand Central, thanks :smile: PRetty much whatever tips etc you can all offer me, thankyou! I already do a BTEC in Production currently.
Reply 16
Ill write something up for you on Mountview when I get a moment and PM it to you :smile:
Don't be fooled by the two year thing though, its an intense two years as you do the same amount of weeks as a three year course but in two years so you get into the industry faster. Its no less work (which unfortunately some applicants assume and quickly learn otherwise) or experience.
Ooh thankyou very much, and also thanks for clearing up the two year thing as I was wondering about that! :biggrin: I'll look forwards to your PM hehe
for Central, are you applying for technical and production management, or scenic art, or prop making, or costume construction? cos we have separate courses for each, although it will be highly collaborative
I'm not sure entirely yet, but at the moment I'm finding I very much enjoy Scenic Art and thought about applying for that, but I haven't decided properly yet, although I shall soon! Would you be able to give me some info on the Scenic Art course though? Thankyou in advance :biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest