Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 03lawrel)
    I had my central interview for DATE on Monday 14th Dec and it was lovely
    the tutors who interviewed me were so nice, and after talking to a few of the current students about living in London and what its like, all my fears have completely vanished! Before i liked it but I couldnt imagine myself living in London, but i went down from Harrogate for 3 days by myself and by the end of it (having actually mastered the tube!) I felt so comfortable there.
    I also had a lovely suprise because a guy i met at my Leeds - Theatre & Performance course was there! and a girl i auditioned for Les Mis with in york!so we all went for dinner after (and saw the actors going in to the premier of sherlock holmes!) overall an AWESOME day (oh and i saw Les Mis after so it pretty much was the best day EVER)

Now I just have to wait to hear. Apparantly some people have heard 2 days fafter the interview if they have an offer!!! so im franticly checking emails at the moment!

sorry about the ramble, you can probably tell it was quite exciting for me
    Hiya!
    I'm new on this so I don't really know how it works :P but I just read what you said about the interview at Central for the DATE course, i'm doing that interview in January. Really excited but I was just wondering, what kind'of thing did you have in the 'portfolio'? I dont live in the uk, so the idea of possibly moving to London is pretty scary but really exciting too! Anyways hope you get an offer, it sounds like it went really well!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by francescarella)
    somebody's been copy+pasting :awesome:
    No I didn't :P lol, I have three places that i notify of recalls so i just had to update my CSSD recall here too :P

Ooh your school hold such a stressful audition process, you know that?!!? lol! I thought guildhall were the stress champions - wrong :P
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by Respect4Acting)
    No I didn't :P lol, I have three places that i notify of recalls so i just had to update my CSSD recall here too :P

Ooh your school hold such a stressful audition process, you know that?!!? lol! I thought guildhall were the stress champions - wrong :P
    "if i can make it there, i'll make it anywhere.." :flute:

ReputationRep:
    WELL DONE! Omg tell me everything i need to be prepared. And tell me how your managing all theese recalls!! x

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Joypire)
    WELL DONE! Omg tell me everything i need to be prepared. And tell me how your managing all theese recalls!! x
    I really have no idea how i am getting recalled for all these schools, biggest transition I could think of is the fact "I'm in the moment of the speech" and not out of it until I finish, which means blocking out the fact that i'm in an audition room - but it's almost unheard of to get offers from all schools you go for - so I'm really just giving myself as much possible chance of ending up somewhere - I want to go to RADA however, Followed by Guildhall, LAMDA, Central, Bristol - In that order (thinks may change considering on the experience i get on the final round - however)

Central is by far the most pretenious school I've auditioned for (so far), Their not mean at all - but they pretty much know how "****-hot" their school is, They have a tour, Movement + Song workshop & An Audition workshop... Followed by Lunch, Then the names are read out in the hall & they basically tell the others to LEAVE!!! the building - immediately, on this occasian they recalled about 15 in what seemed about a crowd of 110. Was I 'expecting' to get recalled ? - NO, because they had made me do two classical speeches of their list which i have never performed before.

Tips - If you are nervous, GET RID OF IT!... no time for it at that school or learn to hide it (at least that's what im good at doing, "acting" like im confident), They audition you for three strands regardless of what workshop you are put into, so you may be recalled for more than 1 strands - thankfully, I wasn't they saw my singing & devising skills were not on par with my acting skills! - If you make the second round be as OPEN as you can and listen to re-direction, Read the play - Read the play, 1 girl got demissed at second round for not reading the play.

(Original post by francescarella)
    "if i can make it there, i'll make it anywhere.." :flute:
    This is the exact type of thinking, that IS stressing me out - Interestingly if central Reject me for their final round, It would do me more GOOD than bad.

ReputationRep:
    Offer at Birmingham.
    Finally.
    LOL.

Don't think I'll accept it though... I'm crossing fingers for RSAMD or Central :P

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mazzia)
    Offer at Birmingham.
    Finally.
    LOL.

Don't think I'll accept it though... I'm crossing fingers for RSAMD or Central :P
    Well done and good luck for Central and RSAMD!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Seba_Nile)
    Well done and good luck for Central and RSAMD!

Ta dude

I got that apprehensive, excited feeling you get when you get the email that says "Your UCAS status has changed"

Then I saw it was Birmingham and I was a bit like... "AW MAN! Not Central..." lol
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    Ta dude

I got that apprehensive, excited feeling you get when you get the email that says "Your UCAS status has changed"

Then I saw it was Birmingham and I was a bit like... "AW MAN! Not Central..." lol
    i had my interview at central on 5th dec (1st person ever to be interviewd for the following year!) and only got my offer on jan 14th. be patient

ReputationRep:
    Ta dude

I know the feeling. When I got my offers from Mountview (Tech) and Central (SM and Music Theatre) my heart when through the roof.
    The worst is, as you say, when you get an offer from one you don't care about (in my case: Rose Bruford)
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by Seba_Nile)
    I know the feeling. When I got my offers from Mountview (Tech) and Central (SM and Music Theatre) my heart when through the roof.
    The worst is, as you say, when you get an offer from one you don't care about (in my case: Rose Bruford)
    ditto! i was waiting for central and i got an offer from queen mary and i was like :puppyeyes:

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone have any idea when Rose Bruford will start calling for auditions?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by msw91)
    Does anyone have any idea when Rose Bruford will start calling for auditions?
    Rose bruford are already auditioning.

ReputationRep:
    Rose bruford are already auditioning.
    For what course though? I've applied for American Theatre Arts and have yet to be contacted.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by msw91)
    For what course though? I've applied for American Theatre Arts and have yet to be contacted.
    Oh sorry, I thought you meant the 3 yr BA acting course (My instincts is always acting first )..

ReputationRep:
    Hahaha! Thanks anyway

ReputationRep:
    I really have no idea how i am getting recalled for all these schools, biggest transition I could think of is the fact "I'm in the moment of the speech" and not out of it until I finish, which means blocking out the fact that i'm in an audition room - but it's almost unheard of to get offers from all schools you go for - so I'm really just giving myself as much possible chance of ending up somewhere - I want to go to RADA however, Followed by Guildhall, LAMDA, Central, Bristol - In that order (thinks may change considering on the experience i get on the final round - however)

Central is by far the most pretenious school I've auditioned for (so far), Their not mean at all - but they pretty much know how "****-hot" their school is, They have a tour, Movement + Song workshop & An Audition workshop... Followed by Lunch, Then the names are read out in the hall & they basically tell the others to LEAVE!!! the building - immediately, on this occasian they recalled about 15 in what seemed about a crowd of 110. Was I 'expecting' to get recalled ? - NO, because they had made me do two classical speeches of their list which i have never performed before.

Tips - If you are nervous, GET RID OF IT!... no time for it at that school or learn to hide it (at least that's what im good at doing, "acting" like im confident), They audition you for three strands regardless of what workshop you are put into, so you may be recalled for more than 1 strands - thankfully, I wasn't they saw my singing & devising skills were not on par with my acting skills! - If you make the second round be as OPEN as you can and listen to re-direction, Read the play - Read the play, 1 girl got demissed at second round for not reading the play.

This is the exact type of thinking, that IS stressing me out - Interestingly if central Reject me for their final round, It would do me more GOOD than bad.
    I take so much comfort in talking on here haha, well i'm hungover and have lost my phone last night in the centre of manchester, perfect timeing for my first solo trip to lonon 2mro :'[
    I've also given myself lots of oppertunity to get in drama schools, i'm not too sue i'll be sucsessful but My amazing teacher was like STOP BEING APPOLOGETIC & NEGETIVE!!!!!!!!!! So im gona try and enjoy it and of course being "in the moment" is why im so in love with acting. I still don't know if i wana do stage & screen or collab & devisd >_<
    I'm gonna be thinking- they dont know me i could be the most confident person in the world for all they know & then try & not look nervous!
    Why would centrals rejection do you good?
    I really wana go there or guildhall, but i havn't seen any of them yet!
    My modern speech is really mental, its make or break :O haha i think thye may ask me to leave after it >_<
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    Central is not pretentious. I thin people just see it as perhaps arrogance and confidence in the fact that it knows it's a good school. but at the end of the day, auditioners are there as a job. they are not there to hold your hand and pat you on the back during your time there. it is rigourous and central knows that it can transform your career. they tell people to leave simply becuase they have a job to do and 100 people on that day were not up to their standards.it's not personal, its just business. drama school is a business and is run just like any other organisation with funding. it (along with the rest of the top CDS schools know that they are good becuase their reputation is solidified in the industry; it has the facts and figures behind iut to confirm that it can be picky about who it wants and harsh to those it doesnt. the truth is they will always be like this and they will take no **** from anyone, simply becuase they can. and you wonder why they dont kiss you on the forehead and and tuck you in at night?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Joypire)
    I take so much comfort in talking on here haha, well i'm hungover and have lost my phone last night in the centre of manchester, perfect timeing for my first solo trip to lonon 2mro :'[
    I've also given myself lots of oppertunity to get in drama schools, i'm not too sue i'll be sucsessful but My amazing teacher was like STOP BEING APPOLOGETIC & NEGETIVE!!!!!!!!!! So im gona try and enjoy it and of course being "in the moment" is why im so in love with acting. I still don't know if i wana do stage & screen or collab & devisd >_<
    I'm gonna be thinking- they dont know me i could be the most confident person in the world for all they know & then try & not look nervous!
    Why would centrals rejection do you good?

I really wana go there or guildhall, but i havn't seen any of them yet!
    My modern speech is really mental, its make or break :O haha i think thye may ask me to leave after it >_<
    Because im suffering from overconfidence & don't want to seem counterproductive at auditions in the future.

Good luck, take the positives out of it, regardless of the results and guildhall is beautiful, like rada... I'd be the most happiest man alive if i got into any of those schools = ), but beggars can't be choosers .

& yes I agree with fran, drama school is Indeed a business before anything else as quoted by Geof Colman at Central.

ReputationRep:
    okay, ive considered how cooly i would say this....and phrase it all but you know what i dont care about composure.....

I GOT AN OFFER FROM CENTRAL

I am literally Bouncing off of the furniture!!!!
    I will reply to people questions about the interview in a few hours when ive stopped shaking! *flies off into the distance like a helium balloon being released*

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.