Turn on thread page Beta
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    congrats woooooo!!!! party like its 2009 :ymca:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 03lawrel)
    okay, ive considered how cooly i would say this....and phrase it all but you know what i dont care about composure.....

I GOT AN OFFER FROM CENTRAL

I am literally Bouncing off of the furniture!!!!
    I will reply to people questions about the interview in a few hours when ive stopped shaking! *flies off into the distance like a helium balloon being released*
    oh good for you!
    looks like we have a second centralee on TSR now :P (Assuming that's the place you want to go to out of your list).

ReputationRep:
    okay, ive considered how cooly i would say this....and phrase it all but you know what i dont care about composure.....

I will reply to people questions about the interview in a few hours when ive stopped shaking! *flies off into the distance like a helium balloon being released*
    I know the feeling
    Well done!!!!!
    xoxox
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by Respect4Acting)
    oh good for you!
    looks like we have a second centralee on TSR now :P (Assuming that's the place you want to go to out of your list).
    nawww theres a few of us on here, but im the one who's most obnoxious and upfront and bossy and an all-round gobby cow :yy:

ReputationRep:

WELL DONE

That's SUPER cool

ReputationRep:
    thanks guys although i owe LOADS to lots of people on here who calmed my nerves about it, especially francescarella talking about the whole accomodation thing....turns out, i love london, and i already have 2 flatmates i met at my interview (so long as they can get the grades too)

anyways absolutely best of luck to everyone else!

ReputationRep:
    Thought i would give a bit of an update! got into CENTRAL for the DATE Course!!!! soo excited!! didnt think i would hear untill after xmas so hearing y-day was defo a bonus!!!
    Now just waiting on LIPA then im done!!!

CENTRAL-Unconditional
    LIPA-Acknolagdgement
    Middlesex-Uncondidtional
    Roehampton-Unconditional
    Royal Welsh-Withdrawn (decided it just wasnt for me)

WAs anyone eles at the audition on the 14th december and heard back yet? My memory is pretty bad but remember quite a few faces and names lol!!

ReputationRep:
    About being pretentious - I think that word isn't chosen very well. However, if the head of a drama school has the proof of it and keeps developing the institution, they not only have a right to think of themselves as a good one, but they need to. It's a bit what applicants (for every place) have to do: Show them that you believe in yourself, because if you don't do it - why should they? So, as long as Central keeps an open ear for the industry, education, its students and more, it's ok.

Though, what happens usual at other instituitions as well - and I personally think it's utterly ridiculous - are the running gags about other top drama schools.

And altough I'm happy at Central, I never would be over-self-confident. I expect perfect work from myself and I'm very critic with myself as well, which is absolutely fine when it comes down to development and becoming a very good maker. But it also frustrates me sometimes. Just... I never, never, never thought that, only because I'm at Central, I'm good. I might be happy about the current project, but a drama school place doesn't guarantee you results the industry likes to see. And there a still thousand of people as good as you and better. And some of them don't even go at drama school.

Anyway, congratulations for all the offers! Celebrate it, work for your grades, gain a lot of power, you will need it - in a positive way! My flatmate is a DATE as well and she loves it!

ReputationRep:
    YAY - got my Rosey B audition :woo:

ReputationRep:
    Do you think it's too late to apply for Central? I'm worried as my college seems to be ridiculously laid back and unprepared, and ucas forms aren't being sent off until we're back from Christmas holidays, i.e around the first week of January. Uh oh..

Congratulations 03lawrel!

x

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Belles_x)
    Do you think it's too late to apply for Central? I'm worried as my college seems to be ridiculously laid back and unprepared, and ucas forms aren't being sent off until we're back from Christmas holidays, i.e around the first week of January. Uh oh..

x
    No. Many post-grads apply for drama school so apply much later in the year anyway.
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by Belles_x)

x
    nah interviews go right on til june ish so dont worry

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cocobrownie)
    Thought i would give a bit of an update! got into CENTRAL for the DATE Course!!!! soo excited!! didnt think i would hear untill after xmas so hearing y-day was defo a bonus!!!
    Now just waiting on LIPA then im done!!!

CENTRAL-Unconditional
    LIPA-Acknolagdgement
    Middlesex-Uncondidtional
    Roehampton-Unconditional
    Royal Welsh-Withdrawn (decided it just wasnt for me)

WAs anyone eles at the audition on the 14th december and heard back yet? My memory is pretty bad but remember quite a few faces and names lol!!
    I was at the Interview on the 14th December got an offer aswell
    have you already got your results then?
    what was your name? or perhaps easier to remember what items did you swap :P or what wierd action did you do!
    My name is Lisa btw i think i was the only Lisa although names are sooo hard to remember!
    Are you going for Community Drama at LIPA? oooh and which is your top choice?
    xxx

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Intgen10)
    Hiya!
    I'm new on this so I don't really know how it works :P but I just read what you said about the interview at Central for the DATE course, i'm doing that interview in January. Really excited but I was just wondering, what kind'of thing did you have in the 'portfolio'? I dont live in the uk, so the idea of possibly moving to London is pretty scary but really exciting too! Anyways hope you get an offer, it sounds like it went really well!
    Just pop in any certificates, photos, thanks you letters from relevant placements or things you've done. I am a volunteer leader at harrogate youth theatre so i put in a little description with a picture, and then my contract with HYT. I also did a 2 week community theatre tour around yorkshire primary schools so i put in some of the thank-you letters the kids drew for us after.

as it happens they didnt even look at my portfolio so dont worry about it too much, just pop in some relevant things you can think of
    Its a really enjoyable day, i had a really great time and met some lovely people, i already have 2 flatmates now and i cant wait to move in with them! My biggest word of advice is just show them how passionate you are about applied theatre, and have a good chat to the current students, they are absolutely lovely and they answered about a million questions for me! I was really worried about moving to london, especially not going into halls, but after talking to them about it all i have no doubts its perfect for me and i cant wait to get there!

Best of luck with your interview! let me know how it goes!
    and hopefully i'll see you in october!!!

ReputationRep:
    2 Weeks until my audition at Central.. Although i know it's really hard to get into (1% i would get in) i'm looking forward to the day! Out of curtiosity what speeches do you all go for? I find it hard picking one & sticking to it.. i change my mind to much :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tyy92)
    2 Weeks until my audition at Central.. Although i know it's really hard to get into (1% i would get in) i'm looking forward to the day! Out of curtiosity what speeches do you all go for? I find it hard picking one & sticking to it.. i change my mind to much :p:
    On chosing a speech - it doesn't matter what speech you choose at central! if you can Act - It will show, regardless, I did Hamlet ' O that this too too solid flesh' & Edgar - " I heard myself proclaimed" at Central... Yeah just make sure you are prepared and manage to take the postives from your auditions and most important - enjoy your time at central, interesting school as many here will testify.

ReputationRep:
    Hey everyone!

Im applying for BA Acting in

LIPA
    East 15
    Man Met (audition date 5th of Feb)
    Birmingham School of Acting
    The Arden
    Thames Valley

anyone else applying for these places?? let me knowww

ReputationRep:
    I'm doing

LIPA Audition - next month
    East 15 - next month
    Man Met - next month
    Birmingham School of Acting (Unconditional)

Out of your choices

ReputationRep:
    Just pop in any certificates, photos, thanks you letters from relevant placements or things you've done. I am a volunteer leader at harrogate youth theatre so i put in a little description with a picture, and then my contract with HYT. I also did a 2 week community theatre tour around yorkshire primary schools so i put in some of the thank-you letters the kids drew for us after.

as it happens they didnt even look at my portfolio so dont worry about it too much, just pop in some relevant things you can think of
    Its a really enjoyable day, i had a really great time and met some lovely people, i already have 2 flatmates now and i cant wait to move in with them! My biggest word of advice is just show them how passionate you are about applied theatre, and have a good chat to the current students, they are absolutely lovely and they answered about a million questions for me! I was really worried about moving to london, especially not going into halls, but after talking to them about it all i have no doubts its perfect for me and i cant wait to get there!

Best of luck with your interview! let me know how it goes!
    and hopefully i'll see you in october!!!
    Thankyou for the info! I'm pretty excited, the course looks amazing I met someone the other day where I live (Geneva) doing the DATE course and he lovess it but said a lot of people are older-I'll be 18, he said i'd probly be one of the youngest
    But anyways, thanks again and WELL DONE, it's great you got an offer

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Intgen10)
    Thankyou for the info! I'm pretty excited, the course looks amazing I met someone the other day where I live (Geneva) doing the DATE course and he lovess it but said a lot of people are older-I'll be 18, he said i'd probly be one of the youngest
    But anyways, thanks again and WELL DONE, it's great you got an offer

Dont worry about your age, on the acting course i know they dont tend to look as kindly on younger applicants. But i just turned 18, and i got an offer, as did a friend of mine who will turn 18 in July from the other current students i spoke to on my interview day, most of them came straight from A-Levels with no gap years, so i dont think you'd be one of the youngest! one of the rabble more like :P

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: December 15, 2010
The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year

University open days

1. SAE Institute
    Animation, Audio, Film, Games, Music, Business, Web Further education
    Thu, 16 Aug '18
  2. Bournemouth University
    Clearing Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 17 Aug '18
  3. University of Bolton
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 17 Aug '18
Poll
Do you want your parents to be with you when you collect your A-level results?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.