Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Anyone know much about the Arts University College at Bournemouth?
    They're pretty much my last resort now! But I have heard good things..

I've been to four auditions now: Mountview, RADA, Central and Manchester Met, so if anyone has any questions, PM me.

x

ReputationRep:
    I really liked central they were alot nicer than i expected, i didnt get a recall tho :[ It was a good experiance
    I have guildhall on the 7th so preparing for that trying to work out where i may have gone wrong at central

ReputationRep:
    Oh! and dramalad yes i applied there, looks good but ive decilned audition 2ce cos i really dnt wana live in bournmouth =/ haha

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 03lawrel)
    I was at the Interview on the 14th December got an offer aswell
    have you already got your results then?
    what was your name? or perhaps easier to remember what items did you swap :P or what wierd action did you do!
    My name is Lisa btw i think i was the only Lisa although names are sooo hard to remember!
    Are you going for Community Drama at LIPA? oooh and which is your top choice?
    xxx
    Heya! well done! is CENTRAL your first choice?
    My name is Matilda I swapped like both my ugg boots and a hairband? mY action was basically getting on one knee then shouting MATILDA! lool I had like a greeny coloured top on? I'm black with dark borwn hair? ring any beels....Lisa? i'm soo bad at names too what items did you swap becuase i will probabley remember more that way aswell lool

Yeah LIPA I've applied to community drama at LIPA but still havent heard anything bk? CENTRAL is my top choice so yeah i think i'm pretty much done I am on a gap year thats how i have my results already so thats one less worry then i had last year . If central is you first choice would you move closer or commute from where you live now?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Joypire)
    I really liked central they were alot nicer than i expected, i didnt get a recall tho :[ It was a good experiance
    I have guildhall on the 7th so preparing for that trying to work out where i may have gone wrong at central
    Best of luck, <3 that school

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cocobrownie)
    Heya! well done! is CENTRAL your first choice?
    My name is Matilda I swapped like both my ugg boots and a hairband? mY action was basically getting on one knee then shouting MATILDA! lool I had like a greeny coloured top on? I'm black with dark borwn hair? ring any beels....Lisa? i'm soo bad at names too what items did you swap becuase i will probabley remember more that way aswell lool

Yeah LIPA I've applied to community drama at LIPA but still havent heard anything bk? CENTRAL is my top choice so yeah i think i'm pretty much done I am on a gap year thats how i have my results already so thats one less worry then i had last year . If central is you first choice would you move closer or commute from where you live now?
    The name rings a bell, i remember some names, I swapped a ring with the comedy and tragedy theatre masks on, earrings shaped like pink pencil sharpeners, and a red beaded bracelet I have dark brown hair, im rather rotund, and was wearing a black dress with pink patterns. I think i stomped when i did my action
    Central is my top choice as long as i get my BBB!
    Im definately moving to London, I live in yorkshire which is the other end of the country, plus i've waited a long time to get away from home and i can't wait to get my independance!

Well we can't work out who each other are then we will definately introduce ourselves when we get there!
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    you will simply LOVE Central, darlings

ReputationRep:
    I think I'm almost done with my Central stuff for the Theatre Practice Course! My essay is nearly finished, and I've almost picked out my three images, I just wanted a bit of input to see if what i've picked sounds :snow::snow::snow::snow: or not, cos i'm kinda doubting myself!

I have;

-A Norman Parkinson (he shot for Vogue back in the day I do believe) photograph of a couple running down a street, holding hands.
    -A Picture from Vietnam of two soldiers together
    -I just need a third one, I think I may go for a piece of art. I'm not totally decided yet.

And then for my item I was either going to bring a fake red rose, to link them together as in, the husband would give his wife a rose, you would lay flowers/roses for the dead etc etc, or a piece of red fabric? I'm not sure.

D:

Edited because I can't spell!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by wastedxtime)
    I think I'm almost done with my Central stuff for the Theatre Practice Course! My essay is nearly finished, and I've almost picked out my three images, I just wanted a bit of input to see if what i've picked sounds :snow::snow::snow::snow: or not, cos i'm kinda doubting myself!

I have;

-A Norman Parkinson (he shot for Vogue back in the day I do believe) photograph of a couple running down a street, holding hands.
    -A Picture from Vietnam of two soldiers together
    -I just need a third one, I think I may go for a piece of art. I'm not totally decided yet.

And then for my item I was either going to bring a fake red rose, to link them together as in, the husband would give his wife a rose, you would lay flowers/roses for the dead etc etc, or a piece of red fabric? I'm not sure.
    Do you mean this one when you're talking about the Parkinson one? http://midoripress.files.wordpress.c...-parkinson.jpg
    A lot of people, almost everyone, bring a photograph somehow linked to a war, may it be suffering children or soldiers. It's just predictable and obvious, but if you have a good reason for it to take it, then keep it. It doesn't mean you won't get in, as the pictures are only a small part of the whole practice. It's much more about what you're going to do with them - so as long as you're comfortable, then it should be ok. We all have different tastes.
    You will most likely present them to other applicants in a group exercise, so make sure that you know your pictures. I had 3 A4 pages about where they were shoot, who the photographer and the model were, when it was shoot and under which circumstances. If there were political, aesthetical, other reasons behind it. The composition, the colours, what makes them special or not and last but not least, my explanation for choosing those pictures.

I didn't use every information in the end, but I felt really confident with it and the tutors will probably ask you to leave the notes and pictures with the portfolio - it clearly made a better impression in case of research (which is, at least in crafts, a more important factor than it is at RADA, where you may could ignore it a bit more) as a cheap printed photograph which only covers a part of a white paper (Cut it out! In any case!) and with a quick handwriting of the title of the picture on it. Saw it, the girl was rejected.

There will be a whole load other factors during this exercise, don't be too afraid of choosing the "wrong" pictures. It's really more about your behaviour and approach during the exercises overall.

With the item, I personally would prefer the cloth, BUT again - you have to be comfortable with your choice. And as you chose the pictures, you know best what goes well with your thoughts.

Which course are you applying for, btw.?

ReputationRep:
    Scenic Arts hopefully And yeah, it's the Parkinson one, I've loved the photo for some time, and I have some research into him etc and I am a fan of that photo/era so I think I could talk about it a bit. As for picking one by an artist, I have a few favourites to go for, like Nighthawks by Edward Hopper, I love that piece and I think I may pick that one too.

I was going to ask if it was worthwhile typing my notes up about context/colour/history etc to include, so thanks for that! I aleady have a page on the Norman PArkinson photo As for the second one, I'm not sure. I'll figure it out! But thankyou so much for the information as I was really starting to worry that I was doing wrong! And I think I've decided on the red fabric to take with me.....but rethinking it, I've thought about what it means to me and it doesn't. I think I'm actually going ot take a strip of film negatives. I hold a hobby/take interest in photography and I feel I could link it to my 3 images too.

ReputationRep:
    For my Falmouth audition (Theatreirecting), I have to select 5 lines from any source to use as a basis for Improvisation and Devising activities - anyone got any ideas/suggestions?

ReputationRep:
    Well done everyone and their auditions/call backs etc

I got:

Liverpool Hope: Creative and performing arts : Conditional Offer

LIPA: Community Theatre: Acknowledgment

BSA: Community Theatre: Audition/Interview January 20th

Bishop Grossteste: Drama In The Community: said I've got an audition and they will forward the date

Lincoln: Drama: Conditional offer

what sort if thing do you wear to the audition/interview?

ReputationRep:
    got RADA tommorow, super excited and happy to return back to the school aint been for months...

ReputationRep:
    Hey all ,
    New to all this lol have just recieved my invitation from central for my interview im so excited as never thought i would get an invite for some reason lol. I have applied to study BA drama applied theatre and education. Email says will be doing improvising workshop and discuss a sentence they have enclosed in a group. Other than that need to bring a piece of work and portfolio. Please would be grateful for any advice on what happens on the day as couldnt find many posts for this particular course. Am very excited and scared .... interview isnt till start of march so i have a while to wait thanks guy look forward to speaking to you all soon xxxx

ReputationRep:
    Had to phone up and cancel my Central interview tomorrow! They said they would reschedule it for me & i'm waiting to hear back from them now. The weather here is horrendous with all the snow and there's no way we'd be able to make it especially if its going to snow down london tomorrow aswell.

ReputationRep:
    Had to phone up and cancel my Central interview tomorrow! They said they would reschedule it for me & i'm waiting to hear back from them now. The weather here is horrendous with all the snow and there's no way we'd be able to make it especially if its going to snow down london tomorrow aswell.
    Gosh! Where were you travelling from? I heard that they've cancelled trains from Leeds to London 'cos of the Snow... 6 inches of it in Wetherby...

Madness!

All through my college and school life, I've DREAMED of a snow day to stop me going in, but it never happened... Even once when the heating blew out in primary school, year 6s still had to go in cos the heating in our building was fine...

Today, every single school kid has a day off! And now I'm on a sodding gap year and work still expect me to make it into work... Not fair. /rant.

ReputationRep:
    Anyone at Mountview over the next 5 weeks? If so, I may very well be taking you out (with a few other current students) to lunch so you can ask us questions
    Plus I might also get the opportunity to give you a tour (if Im not in classes)
    xoxox

ReputationRep:
    I'm near Nottingham, Mansfield..it's snowing pretty bad here! We don't want to risk the drive down since it's supposed to snow in London aswell tomorrow.

I'm at Mountview for the Technical Theatre interview on the 25th Feb, a bit over 5 weeks :P

ReputationRep:
    I'm meant to have my Bournemout Arts audition tomorrow, and Central on Thursday! :O But the snow down here is getting so heavy, i do not think it will be possible at all to get up there at all. Hope they don't mind rescheduling things. Out of all the days/weeks i would want it to snow to get off college.. it HAD to be the time i had two auditions!

ReputationRep:
    I'm near Nottingham, Mansfield..it's snowing pretty bad here! We don't want to risk the drive down since it's supposed to snow in London aswell tomorrow.

I'm at Mountview for the Technical Theatre interview on the 25th Feb, a bit over 5 weeks :P
    I haven't got my schedule for late February yet. I'll get it in the next couple of weeks but you never know. I could be giving you a tour and stalking you :P. Kidding...

I'm hard to miss. 6'4", deep voice and shoulder length, near black hair. So you'll know if it's me :P

xoxox

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.