Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Respect4Acting)
    got RADA tommorow, super excited and happy to return back to the school aint been for months...
    How did it go??
    I'm sure you can add it to your collection of recalls!! x

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Joypire)
    How did it go??
    I'm sure you can add it to your collection of recalls!! x
    It went good, one of the panels was the person who wrote the book i've been reading for a while, so it was nice to see her again in person.. Interview was the best part of the audition, but ya never know.. would make my day if i got recalled.

Been waiting 3 weeks to hear from central, fingers crossed i make there final round X_X.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by staciew1985)
    Hey all ,
    New to all this lol have just recieved my invitation from central for my interview im so excited as never thought i would get an invite for some reason lol. I have applied to study BA drama applied theatre and education. Email says will be doing improvising workshop and discuss a sentence they have enclosed in a group. Other than that need to bring a piece of work and portfolio. Please would be grateful for any advice on what happens on the day as couldnt find many posts for this particular course. Am very excited and scared .... interview isnt till start of march so i have a while to wait thanks guy look forward to speaking to you all soon xxxx
    hey! i believe i may be of some assistance reguarding the DATE interview as i did it less than a month ago (anf got an offer yay!)

There was a course overview first. The improvisation session is more a couple of drama games lead by the students to get you relaxed and enjoying yourself before your interview, dont worry about it at all as its lead by the current students while the tutors read your piece of written work. It was really fun, so enjoy it
    Then you get taken on a tour of the school (much more detailed than open days if you've already visited) i'd suggest taking this chance to ask any questions you have to the student taking you round because they are LOVELY, and really helped me realise it was a perfect place for me - ask about everything you can think of - living in london, course details, social life ect...they can give you great first hand opinions!

Then you have a group interview (with the 3 other people you went of the tour with) most of the questions are similar to the one they send you in the email, just listen to the other peoples answers and sorta bounce off them (they like that) they didnt actually ask me for my portfolio but i was given the great advice (from a lovely current student on the course here at TSR) to include certificates, photos and details from any experiences you have with applied theatre ect.
    Something else i'd suggest - it sounds obvious but one guy in my interview had obviously missed this - make sure you talk about APPLIED theatre, he kept talking just about plays and acting and the stage to the point he was asked by one of the interviewers to make sure he talked about the right thing! Mostly - dont worry about this bit, i was terrified but just be positive and passionate they were really really nice interviewers

then finally we finished the tour and went back to the room we did the impro session in and there were drinks and things and you could leave when you want to i'd stick around and chat to the current students for a bit - they were so incredibly nice and answered all sorts of questions, i asked about things like what they wanted to go on and do, what their accomodation was like, how much they paid in transport - it helps to know sometimes

okay now that ive BOMBARDED you with that essay about it i hope ive covered it all, if you have any other questions just ask!
    Most of all - just enjoy the day i had an incredible time and made a great bunch of friends (who agreed to become flatmates if we all got in - did) and actually went out for a meal with them after!
    hope that helped!

ReputationRep:
    [QUOTE=Respect4Acting]It went good, one of the panels was the person who wrote the book i've been reading for a while, so it was nice to see her again in person.. Interview was the best part of the audition, but ya never know.. would make my day if i got recalled.

hey do you mind if i ask what book you were reading? x

ReputationRep:
    My Rose Bruford interview got postponed thanks to the weather On one hand it's good, because I don't think I was really prepared for an interview, but on the other hand it means it's being dragged out even longer. I just want to get them over and done with now.

On a similar theme, weather allowing, I have my Bristol Old Vic interview on Tuesday. Is there anyone here who has had an interview with them before and can tell me what to expect? They didn't give me much information, just the time and date. I don't want to go in completely unprepared since it's where I'd really like to go.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zosie)
    My Rose Bruford interview got postponed thanks to the weather On one hand it's good, because I don't think I was really prepared for an interview, but on the other hand it means it's being dragged out even longer. I just want to get them over and done with now.

On a similar theme, weather allowing, I have my Bristol Old Vic interview on Tuesday. Is there anyone here who has had an interview with them before and can tell me what to expect? They didn't give me much information, just the time and date. I don't want to go in completely unprepared since it's where I'd really like to go.
    Yeah I applied (and got a place) last year; you get a tour of the school and of their construction workshop first, and all have a talk with the administration woman who's lovely. They give you a little questionnaire to fill out which just asks you about things you know and your attitude etc. Then you have your interviews one at a time where it's you and the woman and the course director where they just ask you about what you've done, what you like, what you're not good at, etc etc. Nothing unexpected really. Just go in and be positive and enthusiastic and honest and modest. If you've done a portfolio, bring that along, even though they don't ask for one, it looks good.

ReputationRep:
    Supposed to have an interview for Performance Design at LIPA on Tuesday, here's to hoping the weather turns drivable in so my dad can make it up! I really don't want to have to reschedule a second one, as I just want to get them all over and done with, haha. Also don't want to reschdule to find out it clashes with another interview and/or the upcoming show I'm teching on! I worry too much.

ReputationRep:
    New on here!!

This thread seems to be very drama school linked!!
    Anyone got opinions on Uni's??

So far ive got into...

Royal Holloway,
    Middlesex,
    Queen Margarets.

Rejected from UEA without interview boo.

and Leeds interview this month,

anyone know anything that can help me out with a decision of where to go would be a real help

thanks kids
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by Ldip)
    New on here!!

So far ive got into...

Royal Holloway,
    Middlesex,
    Queen Margarets.

anyone know anything that can help me out with a decision of where to go would be a real help

thanks kids
    hiya i got into Royal Holloway when i applied, and would have gone there had i not got into central i loved everything about it! queen maragret is a really great uni even though it's no longer part of the CDS.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ldip)
    New on here!!

So far ive got into...

Royal Holloway,
    Middlesex,
    Queen Margarets.

thanks kids
    Leeds is nice, i got an offer from them so if you want to know anything about their interview process then just ask
    I actually loved Leeds, and would happily take a place there if i hadn't got a better offer at a drama school. The student union is nice, theres loads to do there, and a fab music scene - the union organise a lot of big gigs (i live about half an hour away from leeds so ive been quite a lot before) bands like All American Rejects, LostProphets ect. And the Academy is a good music venue if thats your scene.
    Leeds is a great student city - i have a friend in her 2nd year there and she loves it - shes really involved with sports and tours all over the country with the rugby team, and is taking up badminton soon (shes studying Chemistry) theres sorta something for everyone there.

Im afraid i dont know much about the others but hope thats helpful i suggest taking a look round leeds after your interview so you can get the bigger picture!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by francescarella)
    hiya i got into Royal Holloway when i applied, and would have gone there had i not got into central i loved everything about it! queen maragret is a really great uni even though it's no longer part of the CDS.
    Do you know much about the performance to theory ratio at qmu?? as im really after a performance based course. I didnt really feel that RH was for me, but that might of been down to the question and answer session with the students not being that inspiring!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 03lawrel)
    Leeds is nice, i got an offer from them so if you want to know anything about their interview process then just ask
    I actually loved Leeds, and would happily take a place there if i hadn't got a better offer at a drama school. The student union is nice, theres loads to do there, and a fab music scene - the union organise a lot of big gigs (i live about half an hour away from leeds so ive been quite a lot before) bands like All American Rejects, LostProphets ect. And the Academy is a good music venue if thats your scene.
    Leeds is a great student city - i have a friend in her 2nd year there and she loves it - shes really involved with sports and tours all over the country with the rugby team, and is taking up badminton soon (shes studying Chemistry) theres sorta something for everyone there.

Im afraid i dont know much about the others but hope thats helpful i suggest taking a look round leeds after your interview so you can get the bigger picture!
    Yess, what is the interview process like?? I have quite a few friends at Leeds doing different courses so know abit about the place just not the course/facilities and stuff. Not that i mind the location that much as i have Edinburgh, London and Leeds so all pretty good locations, just need to find the right course now aghhh.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ldip)
    Yess, what is the interview process like?? I have quite a few friends at Leeds doing different courses so know abit about the place just not the course/facilities and stuff. Not that i mind the location that much as i have Edinburgh, London and Leeds so all pretty good locations, just need to find the right course now aghhh.
    The interview as both easy and creepily scary, my interviewer wasnt very nice. after a presentation we went off for a group interview, there were 11 of us and we all sat in a semi circle - first he asked 'tell me about yourself' (which i think is the most horrible question ever!) then everyone got asked a different question as he went round the circle -
    some of them were things like 'what are the similarities between theatre and sport?' 'do you think Avenue Q is a political play?'(that was mine) and 'should the classics be modernised for a modern audience?'
    for most of those questions he looked for something related to the person - so he asked me what plays i'd seen recently - and one of them was Avenue Q - so he asked me about it.
    He also asked everyone about a theatre company they thought were doing something different in theatre.

then we were split into two groups and were given a sheet with a theory and had to chose two areas of it and give a group presentaion. After that we formed two groups again but they swapped some of us into the other group, and we had to devise a performance from a poem.

The course looks great, the presentation will show you pretty much eerything you need to know. Lots of oppertunities - theres links with the west yorkshire playhouse, visiting directors from shangai and things like that...

ReputationRep:
    Hello, this may sound like a stupid question, but do drama school auditions always occur within the term dates of that drama school? Bit worried about booking a holiday, that's all.

Additionally, I'm applying to to RSAMD, is anyone else? Nervous? Excited?
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by Maeve123)
    Hello, this may sound like a stupid question, but do drama school auditions always occur within the term dates of that drama school? Bit worried about booking a holiday, that's all.

For the most part they do, yes. But dont worry- if you get assigned one that you can't go to, just ask them and I'm pretty sure they can rearrange it

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Melana)
    Yeah I applied (and got a place) last year; you get a tour of the school and of their construction workshop first, and all have a talk with the administration woman who's lovely. They give you a little questionnaire to fill out which just asks you about things you know and your attitude etc. Then you have your interviews one at a time where it's you and the woman and the course director where they just ask you about what you've done, what you like, what you're not good at, etc etc. Nothing unexpected really. Just go in and be positive and enthusiastic and honest and modest. If you've done a portfolio, bring that along, even though they don't ask for one, it looks good.
    Thank you! I didn't think it would be too different from the others, I just wanted to make sure so I wasn't in for a huge surprise tomorrow.

ReputationRep:
    Heyy! Didn't know this thread was here!

I'm applying to do English Lit and Drama at Aberystwyth, Glasgow, Chester, Warwick and then Drama, Applied Theatre and Education at Central.

Any opinions on them at all? It's all very... Scary :p:

Regarding the Central course, I've never done any Applied or Community theatre! How did anyone applying for this course become interested in it? Have you all done similar things like it before? I feel terribly out of my depth :P

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Maynon)
    Heyy! Didn't know this thread was here!

I'm applying to do English Lit and Drama at Aberystwyth, Glasgow, Chester, Warwick and then Drama, Applied Theatre and Education at Central.

Any opinions on them at all? It's all very... Scary :p:

Regarding the Central course, I've never done any Applied or Community theatre! How did anyone applying for this course become interested in it? Have you all done similar things like it before? I feel terribly out of my depth :P
    I applied to Glasgow and Central too! have you hear from Glasgow yet? I got an offer from them, but it was higher than I expected it to be... And i'm going for the Applied theatre interview at Central next week! Cant wait I dont think you necessarily need experience, I've never really done applied theatre as such, although ive done alot of community work so i'm hoping its ok! whens your interview at Central?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Maeve123)

I've applied to RSAMD, for Contemporary Performance Practice. I HOPE I get in there. I am in love with the course, the academy, the city, everything.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mazzia)
    I've applied to RSAMD, for Contemporary Performance Practice. I HOPE I get in there. I am in love with the course, the academy, the city, everything.
    You've got me looking at RSAMD now!!! Just wondered if you knew what the audition system there was like? only 4 days left to apply and dont know whether i should just go for it...ahh.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brexit voters: Do you stand by your vote?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.