The Student Room Group

Drama Applications 2010!

Scroll to see replies

Reply 300
Ldip
You've got me looking at RSAMD now!!! Just wondered if you knew what the audition system there was like? only 4 days left to apply and dont know whether i should just go for it...ahh.

It's intense, you have a full day of it. The scariest bit is devising a 3 minute piece for the audition. I really wanna go there...
Reply 301
Intgen10
I applied to Glasgow and Central too! have you hear from Glasgow yet? I got an offer from them, but it was higher than I expected it to be... And i'm going for the Applied theatre interview at Central next week! Cant wait :biggrin: I dont think you necessarily need experience, I've never really done applied theatre as such, although ive done alot of community work so i'm hoping its ok! whens your interview at Central?

Yeah, conditional offer of AAB. I know what you mean, it's a little bit optimistic... :o:
Next week! Wow. I haven't even done any community work! What is it? I'm so hopeless. It was gonna be February, but I'm away, so they're going to give me another date, hopefully. You sound really excited! good luck!
Reply 302
Maynon
Yeah, conditional offer of AAB. I know what you mean, it's a little bit optimistic... :o:
Next week! Wow. I haven't even done any community work! What is it? I'm so hopeless. It was gonna be February, but I'm away, so they're going to give me another date, hopefully. You sound really excited! good luck!

Random, but you do the same A Levels that I did :smile:

How you finding them?
(edited 12 years ago)
Respect4Acting
RADA Recall = ], somebody stop me.. seriously :wink:

i will piss myself if you don't get in anywhere.
francescarella
i will piss myself if you don't get in anywhere.

I believe I'm good enough to get in at one of these schools!

& Uh!
Erm how could you say something so mean! If i wasn't so mentally strong that could have hurt me pyschologically however I'll rebound that and say I'll piss myself if i don't get in everywhere.:rolleyes:
Respect4Acting
I believe I'm good enough to get in at one of these schools!

& Uh!
Erm how could you say something so mean! If i wasn't so mentally strong that could have hurt me pyschologically however I'll rebound that and say I'll piss myself if i don't get in everywhere.:rolleyes:

you know i was only joking :p: i meant it in an ironic way- as in it would be odd if you didn't get in anywhere. tbh you probs will get in everywhere, damn you. im so jealous.
hello all! wonder if anyone can help me? I've got auditions for Bristol Old Vic and GSA and yesterday I got a letter from RADA inviting me to an audition (yay!) trouble is, it's exactly the same day as the Bristol audition which I've already confirmed, RADA say they will give an alternative date in exceptional circumstances, does anyone know if they will accept my situation as an 'exceptional circumstance'?

Thanks (oh and well done to all who have recalls! :biggrin:)
squirrelkid
hello all! wonder if anyone can help me? I've got auditions for Bristol Old Vic and GSA and yesterday I got a letter from RADA inviting me to an audition (yay!) trouble is, it's exactly the same day as the Bristol audition which I've already confirmed, RADA say they will give an alternative date in exceptional circumstances, does anyone know if they will accept my situation as an 'exceptional circumstance'?

Thanks (oh and well done to all who have recalls! :biggrin:)

Just call RADA, ask to speak with Sally power and tell her what you told me, she's lovely & It will be no problem.
They only come across as arrogant via the letters!, their actually quite nice.
Reply 309
Mazzia
Random, but you do the same A Levels that I did :smile:

How you finding them?

Lol, I love English and Drama... But French is slowly sucking away at my soul :frown:

Did you take a fourth at AS? And how on earth did you cope with French? Lol :p:
Reply 310
Maynon
Lol, I love English and Drama... But French is slowly sucking away at my soul :frown:

Did you take a fourth at AS? And how on earth did you cope with French? Lol :p:

I took Performing Arts for AS in my second year.In my first year I took photography AS.

God! I don't know how I coped with French! I just muddled along!
It was different for us, we had coursework to do too... It was a nightmare...
I got an A though... Proper don't know how I managed that... I never revised my vocab, never learned my tenses or anything....
Respect4Acting
Just call RADA, ask to speak with Sally power and tell her what you told me, she's lovely & It will be no problem.
They only come across as arrogant via the letters!, their actually quite nice.

Thanks! :smile:
francescarella
you know i was only joking :p: i meant it in an ironic way- as in it would be odd if you didn't get in anywhere. tbh you probs will get in everywhere, damn you. im so jealous.

Aw i know your joking, however I've just failed to reach Central's Third round, I am not invincible... Guess im not right for central :mad:, I'm pretty pleased about it, strangely!! Feel i let myself down with my weakest speech but i definitely got my money's worth!
Had LIPA yesterday! I really liked the place but don't think I did too well in my interview, it felt more like a 'do an art foundation and come back next year' vibe, but we'll see.

I'm not too bothered as it's not my top choice, and it's confirmed that I would rather go into a more hands on course than just focus on design (all my other choices are technical theatre or straight up scenic arts anyways) But..yeah!
I have my Central interview next week for the DATE course.....anyone got any advice???
Reply 315
03lawrel
The interview as both easy and creepily scary, my interviewer wasnt very nice. after a presentation we went off for a group interview, there were 11 of us and we all sat in a semi circle - first he asked 'tell me about yourself' (which i think is the most horrible question ever!) then everyone got asked a different question as he went round the circle -
some of them were things like 'what are the similarities between theatre and sport?' 'do you think Avenue Q is a political play?'(that was mine) and 'should the classics be modernised for a modern audience?'
for most of those questions he looked for something related to the person - so he asked me what plays i'd seen recently - and one of them was Avenue Q - so he asked me about it.
He also asked everyone about a theatre company they thought were doing something different in theatre.

then we were split into two groups and were given a sheet with a theory and had to chose two areas of it and give a group presentaion. After that we formed two groups again but they swapped some of us into the other group, and we had to devise a performance from a poem.

The course looks great, the presentation will show you pretty much eerything you need to know. Lots of oppertunities - theres links with the west yorkshire playhouse, visiting directors from shangai and things like that...

Ahhhh, pressure aha. so for most of it you're in pretty small groups? not feeling the not very nice interviewer. aha. do you know how much of it is based on the interview and how much on your application?? and how long did it take you to hear you'd got in? getting quite close now!! i wont bore you with questions about the course as i will see that on the day, but the website makes it look pretty practical? is that right?

Thankyouu massive help :biggrin:
Ldip
New on here!!

This thread seems to be very drama school linked!!
Anyone got opinions on Uni's??

So far ive got into...

Royal Holloway,
Middlesex,
Queen Margarets.

Rejected from UEA without interview boo.

and Leeds interview this month,

anyone know anything that can help me out with a decision of where to go would be a real help :smile:

thanks kids

Sorry If you've already said, but when is your Leeds interview? Ive got mine on Wednesday 27th. Have you done much prep work? Slightly panicking now! lol
I have my interview at Royal Holloway on the 20th, and Theatre Practice interview at Central on Thursday (21st). I'm almost ready I think, have to decide on one more picture and finish my essay and portfolio, then I'm ready to go! One thing that is worrying me slightly (and this is going to sound incredibly girly) but I'm not sure what to wear! Hear me out...all my auditions last year were either acting (so trackie bottoms, dance wear ect) or straightforward inteviews (skirts, formal stuff) not workshop/interview situations. Obviously there's the 'not too revealing' rule which I follow anyway, but can people who have auditioned give me a rough idea? I want to be able to move if needs be (how physical is the workshop?) but also not appear too casual....I'm such a girl I know, but I'm also very good at worrying about tiny details. Evidently!
Reply 318
LexieNoodle
Sorry If you've already said, but when is your Leeds interview? Ive got mine on Wednesday 27th. Have you done much prep work? Slightly panicking now! lol

no i havnt said :smile: mines 27th too (was meant to be 2nd Dec). cant say ive done much prep work noo aha. i will do!! have you been to any open days?? if so do you know how practical the course is?? where else have you applied??
Reply 319
StrawberryFlip
I have my interview at Royal Holloway on the 20th, and Theatre Practice interview at Central on Thursday (21st). I'm almost ready I think, have to decide on one more picture and finish my essay and portfolio, then I'm ready to go! One thing that is worrying me slightly (and this is going to sound incredibly girly) but I'm not sure what to wear! Hear me out...all my auditions last year were either acting (so trackie bottoms, dance wear ect) or straightforward inteviews (skirts, formal stuff) not workshop/interview situations. Obviously there's the 'not too revealing' rule which I follow anyway, but can people who have auditioned give me a rough idea? I want to be able to move if needs be (how physical is the workshop?) but also not appear too casual....I'm such a girl I know, but I'm also very good at worrying about tiny details. Evidently!

hi sorry not a girl, but i had my RH one the other month, most people were just in jeans and a top. our work shop was not physical at all, we played....zip zap boom?? andd other drama'ie games, and then did a 5 minute devising thing, but it was with students and you dont get assessd on it, so alls good! i wouldnt worry too much about it, all in all its a relaxed kind'a day

Quick Reply

Latest