Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mazzia)
    Wow! Folkestone must have really liked you

Good luck with LIPA and Rose Bruford!

UPDATE: Got home today to find a letter from LIPA I have an audition on 21st Feb

Thank youu

ReputationRep:
    Got my LIPA community theatre date
    and changed my Bishop Grosseteste interview date as they fell on the same date - the head of the drama course has kindly agreed to see me completely seperately whilst interviews for a different course are taking place - which is nice
    Also got an Offer from Kingston this week so now its 3 offers & 2 interviews to go.
    Fingers crossed for LIPA - it would mean a lot to me if i got in, and that way no matter if i get a C in one of my subjects i'll be going to a place i love Central or LIPA

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Maynon)
    Thank you! Very useful, you're like a treasure trove of information on drama schools. Still scared. But I've got a date now, at least. Thanks for your post
    aww thanks glad i could be of assistance! If you have any other questions about it all just let me know, im always happy to help!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Maynon)
    Gosh, I wish I had coursework! French exams are petrifying! Quite literally in the oral :P AND you got an A? With no revision? You're obviously some form of genius :yep: How're your applications going?
    haha!

:beard: Genius is me :P nahhh, not really. I'm not that mint.

They're going good, got all my auditions coming up in the next few months so Im excited!

RSAMD have given me an audition on the 9th of Feb! WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO O :woo: :woo: :woo: :woo:

ReputationRep:
    Hi Everyone!
    I'm hectically looking for Monoluges to perform for Auditions that I have coming up in February.
    I'm looking for something possibly contempary/humourous/for a male/for a teenager(18-25ish).But any help would be great!
    I've looked on all the websites and they just come up with mostly generic ones,like Shakespeare's The Tempest or Romeo and Juilete.
    I'm going to the library tomorrow to look for Monolouge Compenduims too.
    Any help would be much appreciated.
    Thanks
    Clarky09.
    Wheres anyone applied?/Heard anything back from?
    University of Gloucester anyone?

ReputationRep:
    There's loads. Is your drama teacher not willing to help you out? He/She would be a better bet as they know you better as a performer.

ReputationRep:
    After having a think about my future, I was wondering whether it would be worth applying to LAMDA and Bristol Old Vic, possibly Mountview and GSA. I am a good singer and actress with experience of both but very little dance knowledge. I know I am not as naturally talented as some but feel I have potential and am incredibly determined. I have applied to Rose Bruford, Royal Holloway and Exeter but I'm feeling that maybe I'm limiting my options? Any advice would be greatly appreciated, it seems this is the best place to ask!
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    apply everywhere you would like to go to. simple. good luck

ReputationRep:
    AAAAAAAAAAAAAH

GOT AN OFFER AT CENTRAL :woo: :woo:

CHUFFED TO BITS MATE!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sarefrog)
    After having a think about my future, I was wondering whether it would be worth applying to LAMDA and Bristol Old Vic, possibly Mountview and GSA. I am a good singer and actress with experience of both but very little dance knowledge. I know I am not as naturally talented as some but feel I have potential and am incredibly determined. I have applied to Rose Bruford, Royal Holloway and Exeter but I'm feeling that maybe I'm limiting my options? Any advice would be greatly appreciated, it seems this is the best place to ask!
    let me save you some money here, maybe.

You mean for acting, right?

there is no po int in applying to drama schools like LAMDA or Bristol Old Vic - unless you honestly think you are one of the most talented actors in the country and possibly world or have extreme "Class A" potential, however some ppl go to drama schools and the schools do fall in love with them im sure! but that's unlikely

The audition fee at bristol old vic is 50 pounds... for a 10minute audition... (hated my experience there)

http://www.lamda.org.uk/drama/auditions/index.htm
    Av a look at lamada, they audition at 25 places around the world for around... 26 students i think?

I personally tried drama school as another gullable teen when i went for uni and got instantly rejected at rada lamda drama centre bristol old guildhall rose bruford but got recalls at royal welsh and bsa but didn't get in.

ooh and central is the most bizzare of them all, they recall talented people and random people but reject some quite obvious talents, with no reasoning, u need to be strong for this world & i i wasn't then but maybe after uni.

ReputationRep:
    AAAAAAAAAAAAAH

CHUFFED TO BITS MATE!
    Congratulations!

Loads of hard work, but well worth it.

ReputationRep:
    AAAAAAAAAAAAAH

CHUFFED TO BITS MATE!
    Same here! Congratulations!

I haven't been able to stop smiling since I found out, and me and my drama teachers just had a proper 'jumping around squeeling' moment. I really didn't think I'd get in.

(And I definitely didn't tell my drama teachers before my parents *shifty eyes*)

Now I just need to make sure I get the grades.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by luke2008)
    There's loads. Is your drama teacher not willing to help you out? He/She would be a better bet as they know you better as a performer.
    I don't have a drama teacher,lol I forgot to mention i'm in a gap year and both of my two A-level Drama teachers don't work at my old school anymore.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JenniferRebecca)
    Congratulations!

Loads of hard work, but well worth it.

Thanks so much!

I can't WAIT for the hard work! My current job is mind-numbing, so hard work will be a veryyyy welcome change!

I'm so chuffed to pieces and also quite surprised. My portfolio was absolutely dire!

(Original post by Zosie)
    Same here! Congratulations!

I haven't been able to stop smiling since I found out, and me and my drama teachers just had a proper 'jumping around squeeling' moment. I really didn't think I'd get in.

(And I definitely didn't tell my drama teachers before my parents *shifty eyes*)

Now I just need to make sure I get the grades.
    Haha! I had a dance-in-my-pyjamas-squealing moment. My mother and cat both think know I'm nuts now

I'm SO happy!

And you'll get the grades I'm sure

ReputationRep:
    AAAAAAAAAAAAAH

CHUFFED TO BITS MATE!
    HIGH FIVE.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 03lawrel)
    Dont worry about your age, on the acting course i know they dont tend to look as kindly on younger applicants. But i just turned 18, and i got an offer, as did a friend of mine who will turn 18 in July from the other current students i spoke to on my interview day, most of them came straight from A-Levels with no gap years, so i dont think you'd be one of the youngest! one of the rabble more like :P
    GOT AN OFFER FROM CENTRAL FOR DATE COURSE TODAYYY omg I was soo happy! Thankyou for all the info about the interview day! Well done to all of you who also got offers today and I guess we will probably be seeing eachother next yearr aaaaahhh sooo happy!
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    It seems central's been having an offer-a-thon today CONGRATS GUYS! see y'all in the Autmn

ReputationRep:
    Congrats, people with offers! If anyone's coming to the LAMDA Stage Management open day in a couple of weeks, I'll be workin' it. I've just spent the last 3 weeks building the set for Guys and Dolls and I'm KNACKERED.

ReputationRep:
    I GOT AN OFFER FROM CENTRAL TODAY TOO!!!!!!
    Im soo happy!!! defo first choice!!! Just need to get the grades and find flat mates!!!!!!
    Well done everyone too!!! Were you all at the interview last week???

ReputationRep:
    Congrats! Dear GOD is there anyone in the world who doesn't have an offer from Central?!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.