Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Respect4Acting)
    HIGH FIVE.
    Thanks ^_^

(Original post by gbricknell)
    I GOT AN OFFER FROM CENTRAL TODAY TOO!!!!!!
    Im soo happy!!! defo first choice!!! Just need to get the grades and find flat mates!!!!!!
    Well done everyone too!!! Were you all at the interview last week???
    What course have you got a place for?

ReputationRep:
    Wow, Central have been giving offers like there's no tomorrow! Well done everyone, I was at the interview on the 21st Jan (last thursday) so I know how difficult/scary it was. I haven't heard anything yet, I'm assuming no news is good news, although I'm starting to wonder now....

ReputationRep:
    Well central do have apparently 1000 students....
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    yeah central is the largest drama school in the UK, we gots loads of people (about 1000 yeah) 300 in each year, then about 100 ish MAs/PhDs

ReputationRep:
    I got into the DATE course....i was at an interview on the 20th January!!!

ReputationRep:
    Ooh, wow! That's fab!

There's lots of DATErs on this forum!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Melana)
    Congrats! Dear GOD is there anyone in the world who doesn't have an offer from Central?!
    Don't worry, LAMDA is one of my options!!

ReputationRep:
    Me too! I'm so happyy like really! which one were you?! I was the girl who came from switzerland See you next year hopefully thenn!

ReputationRep:
    I was the one in a kinda red shirt dress thing.....i dont think i talked to you!! :-)...and defo hopefully see you next year!!!

ReputationRep:
    arghh!!! all you people who've got offers from central are making me nervous!
    You've all gone, had recalls and have an offer, and i still haven't even had an audition from them..

Why are they taking so long?? I hate this waiting as I know everyday, people are gaining offers... the places are filling up

ReputationRep:
    Right, just want to get some opinions.

I have an offer from Central and that is my top choice (unless RSAMD want me) so just wondering whether I should bother going down to Exeter next week... It's a long way for me to travel and seeing as Central want me, I don't think I would take that offer (if they gave me one) anyway...

ReputationRep:
    I had the same problem...i got into Central but i have a LIPA interview in a few weeks......i suppose it depends whether they will offer you a lower grade then it can be your second choice....you might find you go, really like it and prefer to go there than centrall......i suppose you just have to way up your options....

ReputationRep:
    I had the same problem...i got into Central but i have a LIPA interview in a few weeks......i suppose it depends whether they will offer you a lower grade then it can be your second choice....you might find you go, really like it and prefer to go there than centrall......i suppose you just have to way up your options....
    I already have my A-levels so the whole grade thing isn't an issue...
    Yeah, I know what you mean about that whole going to to visit and falling in love... I don't know...

We have a hotel booked and everything...

Hmm... I'm going to have to think about this...
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    i had an offer from Central and still went to my manchester interview, even though the manc requirements would be higher (they rejected me anyway so it was ok lol)

ReputationRep:
    Is it a LIPA Community Drama interview by chance?
    I went for mine 2 days ago! even though i already have the offer from central, admittedly im glad i went, i stayed with a friend who does dance at LIPA and it was a REALLY nice interview, loads of fun.
    If anything i am struggling a little with the choice (although the chances of getting into LIPA are much lower than the DATE course at central, theres the same number of applicants for less that 1/3 the amount of places... 18 places this year at LIPA)
    I went to make sure that since its a lower offer if i get in then no matter what grades im going somewhere i love
    but its a hard choice, its a lot cheaper in liverpool, and its a friendlier city, and the course is more personal cos theres only 18 of you, but centrals more prestigious, has better placement oppertunities but is soo much more expensive (not even thinking about travel included!)

guess we'll wait and see

ReputationRep:
    Is anyone here applying for an MA in acting rather than a BA?
    I finish my degree in Fine Art this year and I'm really interested in applying for a postgrad course in Acting starting in 2011, as I did drama A level and I've really missed performing while being in university!
    If anyone's applied for or on an MA Acting course please let me know what it's like
    Is the audition process similar to the BA? Is it easier/harder/the same chance of getting a place? Which drama schools offer the best MA courses? Does it matter that my BA isn't in drama/acting?
    Sorry seems like a lot of questions! Don't know much about this sort of thing though!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by togepii)
    Is anyone here applying for an MA in acting rather than a BA?
    I finish my degree in Fine Art this year and I'm really interested in applying for a postgrad course in Acting starting in 2011, as I did drama A level and I've really missed performing while being in university!
    If anyone's applied for or on an MA Acting course please let me know what it's like
    Is the audition process similar to the BA? Is it easier/harder/the same chance of getting a place? Which drama schools offer the best MA courses? Does it matter that my BA isn't in drama/acting?
    Sorry seems like a lot of questions! Don't know much about this sort of thing though!
    My girlfriend's currently doing an MA in acting at East 15. Don't go there for that course. The course itself is great, but there's an absolute idiot running the MA, and the organisation is horrendous. I'm sure other people might love it, but I hear so many awful things about it that I'd feel bad not mentioning it. She found the audition process pretty similar to that of a BA course, it's possibly slightly easier to get in to, but it all just depends. Bristol Old Vic do an amazing 2 year postgrad course, though insanely competitive. It doesn't matter than your BA isn't drama-related, in my experience.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Melana)
    My girlfriend's currently doing an MA in acting at East 15. Don't go there for that course. The course itself is great, but there's an absolute idiot running the MA, and the organisation is horrendous. I'm sure other people might love it, but I hear so many awful things about it that I'd feel bad not mentioning it. She found the audition process pretty similar to that of a BA course, it's possibly slightly easier to get in to, but it all just depends. Bristol Old Vic do an amazing 2 year postgrad course, though insanely competitive. It doesn't matter than your BA isn't drama-related, in my experience.
    Thanks, that's really helpful
    I'll look into the Bristol Old Vic course!

ReputationRep:
    Anybody know the applicant/places ratio on the Central Stage Management course?
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    about <10 get in, not sure how many apply.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.