Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rosieninteyone)
    I was there from 1.30 pm to 5.15... long wait.. not worth it in my opinion! lol but good luck
    Woah, that's a long time! Better bring a book with me ! Thanks

ReputationRep:
    wow! this is weird...

i never even went to the interview, but exeter gave me an offer... Weird...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mazzia)
    wow! this is weird...

i never even went to the interview, but exeter gave me an offer... Weird...
    Wow well done! What was your offer?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by allaboutdrama)
    Wow well done! What was your offer?

Unconditional lol :P

I have all my a-levels already so no conditions to fill~!

ReputationRep:
    Unconditional lol :P

I have all my a-levels already so no conditions to fill~!
    wow well done! what did you get?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by allaboutdrama)
    wow well done! what did you get?
    I got 3 As in Drama, English Lit and French
    got an A is AS applied Performing Arts
    a B in AS photography
    and an A in General Studies, but that doesn't count

ReputationRep:
    Right.

Another person here whos got an offer from Central!
    BA Acting (C+D Theatre), got one more audition to go to at Guildhall at the start of March then I'm done for the year!
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    well done, Dolphin! CDT is very experimental and "physical theatre" and obviously "collaborative and devised" and you'll probably never perform in the Embassy theatre, rather you will perform all your shows in the Webber Douglas Studio.

ReputationRep:
    They told me that 70% of the three pathways are the same modules, but yeah I'm expecting the physical aspect a bit more with yoga and contempery dance on the agenda!

Just out of interest do central get in touch with you about accomondation etc when you have accepted or does that come later in the year?

Oh and thanks by the way!

ReputationRep:
    Hey guys,

I was in the 20th Jan interview for the DATE course & got my unconditional offer so I'm proper buzzing! Theres a group on Facebook called Central School of Speech and Drama - New Students 2010, which is run by CSSD

I'm so happy! Cant stop smiling!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ElDolphin)
    They told me that 70% of the three pathways are the same modules, but yeah I'm expecting the physical aspect a bit more with yoga and contempery dance on the agenda!

Just out of interest do central get in touch with you about accomondation etc when you have accepted or does that come later in the year?

Oh and thanks by the way!
    Central will inform you about this. There will be 3 sharers days, June, July and August, where you can have a look for housemates and a few agents will be present who have buildings which may suit you. You shouldn't worry about that, most of the people get their accomodation sorted out in September, so enjoy the feeling of being accepted and wait for Central's information. :yep:

I mean, I will be working in the USA as a stage craft for 9 weeks, but when I come back, I most likely will be homeless just a couple of days before my 2nd year starts, lol.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ElDolphin)
    Right.

Another person here whos got an offer from Central!
    BA Acting (C+D Theatre), got one more audition to go to at Guildhall at the start of March then I'm done for the year!
    It must feel nice to be knowing your 100% going to start acting training...good luck at guildhall, I have a recall there - amazing school! can't wait to meet patsy rodenburg, I'd start doing back-flips If I got in.

I have a friend on the CDT course at central, she loves it.
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by Respect4Acting)
    It must feel nice to be knowing your 100% going to start acting training...good luck at guildhall, I have a recall there - amazing school! can't wait to meet patsy rodenburg, I'd start doing back-flips If I got in.

I have a friend on the CDT course at central, she loves it.
    funny you should say that, it remeinds me on the guy who was in my year and on registration day (he'd got into CDT) it turns out he'd written his details wrong on his UCAS application form so therefore it was invalid and technically he had not applied, so they had no choice but to kick him out:eek: there was a bit of scandal and he's still auditioning for schools last i heard.

(but dont worry, im sure Dolphin is fine, it just reminded me of someone who was certain theyd be starting at central, and then had it taken away from them.)

ReputationRep:
    Ha, I hope that doesn't happen! How would you get it wrong though on your form, he must have been gutted!

Does feel good that I don't have to audition for the forseeable future, just got to save now! Any recommendations on how much is a good amount to take?
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    take lots, but remember it will probably all be finished by the end of freshers week. maybe week 2 if youre lucky.

ReputationRep:
    GAH!

I feel like I've been waiting ages for my letter from RSAMD...
    My friend got a rejection from the acting course after 9 days and I've been waiting longer than that... Seriously... This is insane.

ReputationRep:
    GAH!

I feel like I've been waiting ages for my letter from RSAMD...
    My friend got a rejection from the acting course after 9 days and I've been waiting longer than that... Seriously... This is insane.
    I know someone who has been waiting 2 weeks for his letter, but was told 1... if they told you, you would hear in X amount of time & you haven't, CALL THEM - I don't understand why people so afraid to call... even if they say don't call the academy - you are entitled to - if you hear nothing! they are not going to change their decision because you inquired.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Respect4Acting)
    I know someone who has been waiting 2 weeks for his letter, but was told 1... if they told you, you would hear in X amount of time & you haven't, CALL THEM - I don't understand why people so afraid to call... even if they say don't call the academy - you are entitled to - if you hear nothing! they are not going to change their decision because you inquired.

They just said "soon"
    And on their website it says approx. 2 weeks.

I'm just impatient :P

ReputationRep:
    Had my LIPA audition yesterday - went so well from my POV. Best I've ever done my pieces and song. They only recalled 10/100 for the afternoon though, so wasn't surprised that I didn't get through.
    Oh weeeell, still have 2 offers and my Rose Bruford audition in March

ReputationRep:
    AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA H :woo: :woo: :woo:

SO HAPPY TODAY!

I Got me an offer to study Contemporary Performance Practice at the RSAMD!
    Unconditional baby! YEAH!

Glasgow here I come!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.