Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mazzia)
    AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA H :woo: :woo: :woo:

SO HAPPY TODAY!

I Got me an offer to study Contemporary Performance Practice at the RSAMD!
    Unconditional baby! YEAH!

Glasgow here I come!
    Well done, I'm happy to hear it

ReputationRep:
    AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA H :woo: :woo: :woo:

SO HAPPY TODAY!

I Got me an offer to study Contemporary Performance Practice at the RSAMD!
    Unconditional baby! YEAH!

Glasgow here I come!
    Congratulations!

ReputationRep:
    EEEEeee! I got an unconditional offer yesterday from Central! Performance Arts here I come!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by StrawberryFlip)
    EEEEeee! I got an unconditional offer yesterday from Central! Performance Arts here I come!
    Aw mint
    Well Done!
    You on a gap year like?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ColyTom)
    Well done, I'm happy to hear it
    Thanks
    I'm so chuffed ^_^

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zosie)
    Congratulations!
    Thanks!

^_^
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    Congratulations all you lucky people
    :kiss:

and strawberryflip i'll see YOU in octoberrrrr :love:

ReputationRep:
    Within a month of 2 interviews - 2 offers

RWCMD BA(Hons) Stage Management - B,B,B :cool:
    CSSD BA(Hons) Technical and Production Management - B,B,C :yep:

Still unsure where to go, off to mountview interview tomorrow, and then Rose Bruford mabye rearranged if i need it.

Luckly for me i have two different views from tutors, with my art graphics teacher (trained in set design) rooting for CSSD, whilst drama tutor (trained drama in cardiff) is rooting for RWCMD.

Who knows ?! :L

BTW if nayone else on these courses, or want to know about the interviews just PM me and ill try reply soon =]]

ReputationRep:
    I'm at Mountview tomorrow too hehe! Hoping it all goes well, I'm terrified I won't get in anywhere. I have Guildhall and RSAMD next week and Central on the 23rd of march.

Edited to add: for stage management/technical theatre, haha

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by robhall3192)
    Within a month of 2 interviews - 2 offers

RWCMD BA(Hons) Stage Management - B,B,B :cool:
    CSSD BA(Hons) Technical and Production Management - B,B,C :yep:

Still unsure where to go, off to mountview interview tomorrow, and then Rose Bruford mabye rearranged if i need it.

Luckly for me i have two different views from tutors, with my art graphics teacher (trained in set design) rooting for CSSD, whilst drama tutor (trained drama in cardiff) is rooting for RWCMD.

Who knows ?! :L

BTW if nayone else on these courses, or want to know about the interviews just PM me and ill try reply soon =]]
    (Original post by wastedxtime)
    I'm at Mountview tomorrow too hehe! Hoping it all goes well, I'm terrified I won't get in anywhere. I have Guildhall and RSAMD next week and Central on the 23rd of march.

Edited to add: for stage management/technical theatre, haha
    I'll see you guys tomorrow.
    I'm off all morning but I think I'll pop in early to see you guys.
    Iffin you have any questions I'm more than willing to answer them for you and there are tons of other guys and girls here who'll be more than willing to help. We love newbies :P

I'll be the tall, lanky, long dark-haired one.
    My names actually James but most people refer to me as Ford or Fordy-B

xoxox

ReputationRep:
    Aw mint
    Well Done!
    You on a gap year like?
    Thank you! It still hasn't quite sunk in yet, particularly that I'll not only be living in a city I absolutely love, but also that I'll be studying what I want to do as a career (directing). I seriously can't see it being like work in the slightest!

I'm on my gap year at the moment, I finished last summer and have been getting work experience in theatre and (hopefully) earning enough money for the next year at least. Congratulations for your place at RSAMD, I chickened out of even going through the audition process, so you must have been outstanding!

Fran, I'll look forward to seeing you in October, is it ok if I PM you with a few questions I have?

ReputationRep:
    Hello everyone.
    I have an audition for LIPA, The BA acting course on March 7th and I am still deciding what song I should perform at the audition!
    I was wondering if anyone could help me decide on a suitable song to sing.

I am Male, 17, Tenor/Baritone range.

The song's i've been thinking about are:
    Sun and Moon - Miss Saigon
    I've Never Been in Love Before - Guys & Dolls
    Something from Mamma Mia!??
    Something from Les Miz
    Disney!!???

I just have no idea LOL.
    It would equally be just as helpful, if anyones has actually been to this audition.

Thankyou in advance for your suggestions

:yep: :yep: :yep: :yep: :yep:
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    Thank you! It still hasn't quite sunk in yet, particularly that I'll not only be living in a city I absolutely love, but also that I'll be studying what I want to do as a career (directing). I seriously can't see it being like work in the slightest!

I'm on my gap year at the moment, I finished last summer and have been getting work experience in theatre and (hopefully) earning enough money for the next year at least. Congratulations for your place at RSAMD, I chickened out of even going through the audition process, so you must have been outstanding!

Fran, I'll look forward to seeing you in October, is it ok if I PM you with a few questions I have?
    mais oui, biuen sur!!!

PA and CSSD is rAnDoM. (honestly, it's madness)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jakkowakko123)
    Hello everyone.
    I have an audition for LIPA, The BA acting course on March 7th and I am still deciding what song I should perform at the audition!
    I was wondering if anyone could help me decide on a suitable song to sing.

I am Male, 17, Tenor/Baritone range.

The song's i've been thinking about are:
    Sun and Moon - Miss Saigon
    I've Never Been in Love Before - Guys & Dolls
    Something from Mamma Mia!??
    Something from Les Miz
    Disney!!???

I just have no idea LOL.
    It would equally be just as helpful, if anyones has actually been to this audition.

Thankyou in advance for your suggestions

:yep: :yep: :yep: :yep: :yep:
    Send me a PM if you'd like to discuss this as I am a qualified Vocal Coach (amongst other things) and I'm sure I can help you work this out ? (if it makes you more comfortable, I also got offers to do MT at CSSD and Mountview but rejected them to do techie theatre).

Hope that helps

~Ford
    xoxox

ReputationRep:
    Also, on another note, it was awesome seeing the interviewees at Mountview today! Nicest group we'd had so far and the tutors agreed with me

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Seba_Nile)
    Also, on another note, it was awesome seeing the interviewees at Mountview today! Nicest group we'd had so far and the tutors agreed with me
    whoop i was in that group :cool:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by francescarella)
    PA and CSSD is rAnDoM. (honestly, it's madness)
    Agreed as a technical practitioner.

PA: "I want the pictures being 6m high, up to the roof, surrounding the whole space and plastic bubbles in it, which swirl around you - I mean, we can make the audience laying on the floor, can't we? Oh, and is it possible to source a windmachine for like £20 - you know, those that make you fly?"
    Props and Prod LX: "O_o" ...Ehm... what the ****?!"

ReputationRep:
    Hey, I have chosen a song after I had a good natter with a graduate from LIPA and he recommended me "sailing" in the musical "a new brain". Have you heard it, it's such a good song and is great for character exploration and so on..

What are your opnions on this??? God I'm going to be knackered, Manchester metropolitan on the 5th then Lipa on the 7th. Going to be tired!!

What were your experiences at cssd like? I've got an audition on the 30th for the Acting course???

Thankyou so much for replying to my message.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by robhall3192)
    whoop i was in that group :cool:
    Who did you get interviewed by? *curious*

ReputationRep:

Thanks!

It was a bit intense, but it really wasn't as bad as I thought I was going to be! There was a tutor who was obviously trying to play bad cop, but I could tell she really wasn't as bad as she was trying to make out. It was just a really fun day. I met some nice people, who I really hope I'll see again and discovered that there was actually a Greggs in Glasgow (that actually made my life!)

I'm terrified now though, because it's real... I'll be leaving home and moving to Glasgow all by myself... How did everyone cope with leaving home? Any tips would be nice!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.