ReputationRep:
    (Original post by francescarella)
    heard about the RSAMD recent scandal?
    ooh-er :woo:
    no?? what happened?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bigpineapple)
    Hello everybody,
    Well I have my first Audition on the 5th of March at Bristol Old Vic, and although i'm excited...I have to admit i'm extremely nervous..I've got butterflies in my stomach even now just thinking about it, and it isn't until Friday!
    Has anybody had any experience with Bristol old vic auditions? The one on friday is just the 15 minute preliminary round (I doubt i'll even get past that judging from the competition) but any info would be much appreciated!
    If your talking about the acting course, you go into room in front of two people. Have a quick introduction and chat with them and do your yeo monologues, then your song. Most first rounds are pretty informal, buy remember 75-90% of people get cut from this stage, so try your hardest!
    That's it for that round, if you get through that then it's a workshop day.
    Nerves are good tho, shows your human!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by wastedxtime)
    I got an unconditional offer to do the Technical Theatre course at Mountview, AHHH! I'm also at Guildhall tomorrow and RSAMD on Friday.
    Woop Woop! You'll probs get a DADA offer if you got an offer that quick. I got mine the day after and got a DADA so don't be surprised if you get offered one

Well done! I better be seeing you next year *evil glare* :P

~Ford
    xoxox

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by wastedxtime)
    I got an unconditional offer to do the Technical Theatre course at Mountview, AHHH! I'm also at Guildhall tomorrow and RSAMD on Friday.

ooooh ^_^

Well Done!! Thats Ace

Well chuffed for ya! You're doing well arent you
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by allaboutdrama)
    no?? what happened?
    something about the lighting lecturer being fraudulent for millions or a criminal or something; he's been suspended and an investigation's under way and the lighting course is being rejigged for the umpteenth time in about 3 years. it's in this week's Stage.

ReputationRep:
    Is anyone else ridiculously bored now and just wanting to get away?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mazzia)
    Is anyone else ridiculously bored now and just wanting to get away?
    I remember this feeling last year! Just wanna get to drama school!

ReputationRep:
    Ooooh I went to RADA this morning to borrow some props. MASSIVE PROPS STORE MY GOOD GOD. And they've got a MOTORISED wardrobe department. Like the doors in monsters inc, but with costume. I'm jealous of their money.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Melana)
    Ooooh I went to RADA this morning to borrow some props. MASSIVE PROPS STORE MY GOOD GOD. And they've got a MOTORISED wardrobe department. Like the doors in monsters inc, but with costume. I'm jealous of their money.
    erm RADA, work on a loss - I was told by bridget panet (RADA) - kinda like the famous raper who is in debt...., I was also un the impression that LAMDA are loaded, their shows are free and everything and they are building a new theatre, aren't they? I guess you'd know though.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Respect4Acting)
    erm RADA, work on a loss - I was told by bridget panet (RADA) - kinda like the famous raper who is in debt...., I was also un the impression that LAMDA are loaded, their shows are free and everything and they are building a new theatre, aren't they? I guess you'd know though.
    Ha, no.... LAMDA have no money at the moment. Everything's falling apart because they're not fixing anything before the new place is built. But that won't be for ages. The current space has been there since my course started! Shows are only free because they have massive GIVE US MASSIVE DONATIONS speeches at the end of them and they get more money that way.

Our Stage Management tutor worked at RADA last year, apparently they spent absolutely loads on the new wardrobe stuff - it's like 3 floors of rotating clothes. Amazing. I think everyone thinks they've got no money really.

ReputationRep:
    Ha, no.... LAMDA have no money at the moment. Everything's falling apart because they're not fixing anything before the new place is built. But that won't be for ages. The current space has been there since my course started! Shows are only free because they have massive GIVE US MASSIVE DONATIONS speeches at the end of them and they get more money that way.

Our Stage Management tutor worked at RADA last year, apparently they spent absolutely loads on the new wardrobe stuff - it's like 3 floors of rotating clothes. Amazing. I think everyone thinks they've got no money really.
    wow, maybe that's why they let people audition for the school more than once! and audition all over the world for their acting course, that doesn't bother me, though!! I still really really want to get in!

ReputationRep:
    I heard that RADA has financial problems as well - but Central had to reorganise as well, so all of them were affected in the end.

ReputationRep:
    wow, maybe that's why they let people audition for the school more than once! and audition all over the world for their acting course, that doesn't bother me, though!! I still really really want to get in!
    Which schools don't let you audition more than once?! I've never heard of a school do that, usually they like you coming back and showing commitment.

ReputationRep:
    Which schools don't let you audition more than once?! I've never heard of a school do that, usually they like you coming back and showing commitment.
    I think I confused you there, LAMDA allow you to audition more than once for the same year entry .

Only CSD school with this policy, so if i got rejected by LAMDA in Jan, I could apply again for the course that starts in September, also on the topic of schools who don't let you audition more than a certain time, Guildhall don't allow you to audition more than twice for the school and in some circumstances three, but that's it, I don't get the policy behind it but I would cry if i got in this year, lol...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Seba_Nile)
    I remember this feeling last year! Just wanna get to drama school!
    Yes!!

God Yes!!

Work is boring and I'm scared it's going to have killed my creativity by September...

ReputationRep:
    I think I confused you there, LAMDA allow you to audition more than once for the same year entry .

Only CSD school with this policy, so if i got rejected by LAMDA in Jan, I could apply again for the course that starts in September, also on the topic of schools who don't let you audition more than a certain time, Guildhall don't allow you to audition more than twice for the school and in some circumstances three, but that's it, I don't get the policy behind it but I would cry if i got in this year, lol...
    Oh. That really is odd. Crazy LAMDA. Guess they're really clawing for the money.

ReputationRep:
    Yes!!

God Yes!!

Work is boring and I'm scared it's going to have killed my creativity by September...
    I promise you it won't

Just exercise it every now and then. Dream up how you'd stage some play. Do some script writing. Do some drawing/painting/art etc.

It helped me keep my focus!

xoxox

ReputationRep:
    Yes!!

God Yes!!

at least you know you're in, I got two of my main recalls in November 09 and the recall is in april/may 10, lol... I wonder about losing my creativeness all the time, if i had an offer I really wouldn't care about what I do between now and when the course starts, because i'm 100% going to study in September!
    food for thought.

ReputationRep:
    at least you know you're in, I got two of my main recalls in November 09 and the recall is in april/may 10, lol... I wonder about losing my creativeness all the time, if i had an offer I really wouldn't care about what I do between now and when the course starts, because i'm 100% going to study in September!
    food for thought.
    Good luck with it all! Really You've done well so far, it seems a bit of a travesty if you don't get in this year! I don't want to jinx it though!

What are you up to now?
    Do you work?

Yeah, I know I don't have it that bad... Still scared though!!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Seba_Nile)
    I promise you it won't

Just exercise it every now and then. Dream up how you'd stage some play. Do some script writing. Do some drawing/painting/art etc.

It helped me keep my focus!

xoxox
    I'm trying to keep me arty side up. I've spent basically all my money that I haven't saved this month on seeing theatre or films!

It's mad!

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: December 15, 2010
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.