Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mazzia)
    AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA H :woo: :woo: :woo:

SO HAPPY TODAY!

I Got me an offer to study Contemporary Performance Practice at the RSAMD!
    Unconditional baby! YEAH!

Glasgow here I come!

Awesooome!!! Well done!!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by yvaiine)
    Awesooome!!! Well done!!!
    Thank You ^_^

Have you decided where you're going yet?

ReputationRep:
    Thank You ^_^

Have you decided where you're going yet?

I have my Rose Bruford audition on the 17th. If I don't get into there, then I'll be going to Central Lancashire to do music theatre

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by yvaiine)

I have my Rose Bruford audition on the 17th. If I don't get into there, then I'll be going to Central Lancashire to do music theatre
    Good Luck with Rosie B!

Keep us posted, it's so nice to see how every one's doing
    I feel well proud of everyone! lol!!

ReputationRep:
    Good Luck with Rosie B!

Keep us posted, it's so nice to see how every one's doing
    I feel well proud of everyone! lol!!
    Thank you
    I know, it's so lovely to see how well everyone's doing this year
    My friend just got into East 15, so she's over the moon.

ReputationRep:
    I got an unconditional to do the Technical and Production Arts at RSAMD, YAY! for Applied Arts & Construction Waiting to hear on Guildhall, and not sure whether I should go to central or not since I doubt I'll get in..

ReputationRep:
    If you're alredy determined, that you don't want to go to Central, even if you get offered a place, then it don't go. Otherwise I'd stronly recommend to go, you may regret missing the opportunity.

Is it for BATP Scenic Art? Why do you doubt you get in anyway?

ReputationRep:
    I didn't get into Rose ruford for a similar course/I don't think my work's strong enough. I currently hold 2 unconditionals for Mountview and RSAMD and am waiting for Guildhall, so I'm not sure!

ReputationRep:
    It depends also, if a drama school thinks you will do well in their specific course and their instituition. Except for a general strength and passion in your chosen subject, all those drama schools have their own ways of how to prepare students for their profession. Mountview and RSAMD are in my opinion still two well respected drama schools, I don't see, why you are so sceptical.

Anyway, since there are 9 3rd years, 1 2nd year and 2 1st years, it may be, that the income of scenic artists this year is slightly higher again.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by wastedxtime)
    I didn't get into Rose ruford for a similar course/I don't think my work's strong enough. I currently hold 2 unconditionals for Mountview and RSAMD and am waiting for Guildhall, so I'm not sure!
    Mountview and RSAMD are generally held in higher esteem than Rose Bruford in the industry (many see Rose Bruford as has-been in most areas of technical theatre except for its amazing LX course) so don't worry too much about the rejection. Most schools also look at how well they think you'll fit in with the the people type on the course as well as the course itself (all the drama schools have very different dynamics).

If you can get into Mountview and RSAMD then who says you can't get into central?

Just have faith in yourself
    xoxox
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    central will take on anyone. just look at me- i got in

ReputationRep:
    Ahh I got into Guildhall aswell, but am waiting for their letter to come in to find out what offer I have. It's going to be hard to decide!

ReputationRep:
    Ahh I got into Guildhall aswell, but am waiting for their letter to come in to find out what offer I have. It's going to be hard to decide!
    SEEE! Well done

ReputationRep:
    OMG well done, on what course?.... , go to guildhall, it has such a nice atmosphere and reputation etc, I'm very jealous.

ReputationRep:
    I'd say RSAMD, but I'm well biased!
    haha!
    Well done on all your offers though.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Respect4Acting)
    OMG well done, on what course?.... , go to guildhall, it has such a nice atmosphere and reputation etc, I'm very jealous.
    Technical Theatre/The Design Realisation strand

I think it's going to have to be between RSAMD and Guildhall, those are my two favourites, no disrespect to Mountview or anything though!

ReputationRep:
    Technical Theatre/The Design Realisation strand

I think it's going to have to be between RSAMD and Guildhall, those are my two favourites, no disrespect to Mountview or anything though!
    Best piece of advice I was ever given was don't go to the a place because it has a reputation (unless there is a serious difference) go where you felt the most comfortable. All the drama schools will get you into theatre (unless you don't do your work) but you will do your best work where you get on with the institutions people type and enjoy yourself more.

That's why I turned down Central, Guildhall, RSAMD, Royal Welsh and a few others for Mountview and why many people I know turned down similar places to go to Central, Bristol, Guildhall or wherever.

Good luck to you wherever you go . I'm sure you'll enjoy an amazing career.

ReputationRep:
    The reputation is extremely important! Absolutely don't go to anywhere you're not happy with, but if you're paying all that money and putting the time in, you want the course that going to give you the best teaching and best career opportunities. I wouldn't go a drama school that I had been told wasn't the best for my course, even if I thought it was lovely (provided I had a choice).

ReputationRep:
    You guys are amazing for advice! I felt very comfortable at all 3 places I had offers at and I think I'm going to have to do some SERIOUS thinking! I don't know what i'd have done without this thread, haha.
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    I think if I had applied to any other drama schools (central was the only one), then I still think i'd have picked central. i cant imagine going anywhere else. I think reputation is important (im so glad i picked a drama school over university), but like melana says, make sure it's for you. if it's in london and the CDS then you will have brilliant prospects. but remember every drama school has a unique atmosphere and way of life.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.