Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I found one of the audition sheets that they mark you on at LAMDA today. Iiiiinteresting. You get a 1-5 score, 5 being horrific and 1 being excellent. You get a recall if you get a 1 or a 2 (good).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Melana)
    I found one of the audition sheets that they mark you on at LAMDA today. Iiiiinteresting. You get a 1-5 score, 5 being horrific and 1 being excellent. You get a recall if you get a 1 or a 2 (good).
    even though I have a recall, I'd love to get my hands on that, do you think you could photocopy that/type the details and email it to me :O, even though I already have gained a recall, I'd be INTRIGUED AND VERY KEEN to see :eek:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Respect4Acting)
    even though I have a recall, I'd love to get my hands on that, do you think you could photocopy that/type the details and email it to me :O, even though I already have gained a recall, I'd be INTRIGUED AND VERY KEEN to see :eek:
    I just found it in a room - won't still be there I'm afraid. When's your recall?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Melana)
    I just found it in a room - won't still be there I'm afraid. When's your recall?
    had it last Wednesday, they're having quite a lot of recalls just in the waiting phase/still auditioning.

ReputationRep:
    Hello all
    I just interviewed this last weeked at the Drama Centre
    and got one very beautiful offer this week for BA Directing
    Anyone else got an offer from Drama Centre yet?

ciao

ReputationRep:
    Well done Respect4acting, its a great feeling knowing you've got a place sorted, takes the pressure off for the rest of your recalls.
    Just out of interest, which of those schools is your number one choice?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ElDolphin)
    Well done Respect4acting, its a great feeling knowing you've got a place sorted, takes the pressure off for the rest of your recalls.
    Just out of interest, which of those schools is your number one choice?
    Thank youuuu, Guildhall is my number one choice and my final audition also, depending on how Drama Centre goes..

(Original post by Chosking4)
    Hello all
    I just interviewed this last weeked at the Drama Centre
    and got one very beautiful offer this week for BA Directing
    Anyone else got an offer from Drama Centre yet?

ciao
    Congratulations, don't they only offer 5 places, well done!

ReputationRep:
    I have my recall for Drama Centre BA Directing on the 8th May, having been in the final 10 for consideration last year but just missed out on a place because of my age. They do indeed only give out 5 places per year, so well done Chosking4, you must be pretty damn good to be offered a place outright! From what I can tell last year only 1 place was given outright and the rest of us were kept under consideration until the end of the recall season.

How did you find the interview/directing exercise, last year it was possibly the scariest thing I've ever done!
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    Goddammit Respect4Acting. I wanted you to get into RADA. I dont know anyone from RADA personally, although I have seen a lot of the 3rd years in action :hubba:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by francescarella)
    Goddammit Respect4Acting. I wanted you to get into RADA. I dont know anyone from RADA personally, although I have seen a lot of the 3rd years in action :hubba:
    sorry to disappoint you, :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by popobabu)
    Respect4Acting, you seem like an amazing actor.
    Could you please, please, pleaes help me out with something. My girlfriend (she is french, but her english is pretty good..americanish though) has got a recall from RADA for the 1-year foundation course. The foundation course has just one recall stage, and basically they will ask you to -
    -perform just one of the monologues
    -do some improvisation work
    -longer interview (compared to first audition)

As you've got plenty of experience with auditioning at RADA, could you please tell me about youre experiences, such as how they made auditioners do the improvisation, and what they look for in such excersises, what kinds of questions do they ask in the longer interviews, and what do they look for in the monolgue. And any..and i really mean any,thing that you think would be useful for her to know.
    thank you so much! and good luck with the rest of your auditions!
    I don't know anything about RADA's foundation course, unfortunately - but I'll just try and talk about the 3yr auditions.

I'll tell you as much as I can, when it comes to improv they look for how you can connect to the other person in the scene, one mistake most people is try and impress/entertain while improvising, instead tell her to just play the truth and keep as much eye contact as possible, I've been going to RADA for part time workshops for a while and that's what the theme seems to be at the school, again with the monologue - they look for the truth of the imagination, I.E - you forgetting your in an audition room and focusing on where your character is and obviously connecting to the speech.
    Interview is easy, just answer truthfully and make it more of a conversation than an interview.

You'll see, I use the word 'truth' a lot, I can't really generally say much as I'm just going to confuse you, but tell your girlfriend to try and control her nerves and just enjoy the day and go with it, most of the RADA teachers/panelists I've worked with have all been very helpful/insightful.

Best wishes.

ReputationRep:
    No from rada after second round oh well, audition wasn't good
    anyway had rsamd recently and got to end of day, does anyone know how long it takes for them to get back to you? And also, in terms of ranking, where would you guys rank drama schools? I've heard that the training at rsamd is equivalent to that of lamda and guildhall etc but cos it's not in London it's not 'near enough to the work'? What do you guys think?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by c1234s)
    anyway had rsamd recently and got to end of day, does anyone know how long it takes for them to get back to you? And also, in terms of ranking, where would you guys rank drama schools? I've heard that the training at rsamd is equivalent to that of lamda and guildhall etc but cos it's not in London it's not 'near enough to the work'? What do you guys think?
    I'd probably put RSAMD in the B Category along with the likes of Royal Welsh, Rose Bruford etc.. (In terms of reputation only, not training!)

I mean, you really need to find a school that suits you, but there is always going to be advantage of training in london, however I'm 100& sure, RSAMD have showcases for their 3rd year in London

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by c1234s)
    MY friend got through to the final round at RSAMD for Acting and it was 9 days until she got a rejection.

I personally think the RSAMD is brilliant (Biased!!) but in terms of links with professional theatres and organisations it is fantastic. There are opportunities to perform in professional theatres all the time. There are students working at the Citizens Theatre in Glasgow and York Theatre Royal (not all final year students either) currently. I think it doesn't matter how close it is to London, they do a showcase in London at the end of the course and Glasgow and Scotland have thriving theatre communities themselves.

Hope I helped and didn't just ramble... lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by StrawberryFlip)
    I have my recall for Drama Centre BA Directing on the 8th May, having been in the final 10 for consideration last year but just missed out on a place because of my age. They do indeed only give out 5 places per year, so well done Chosking4, you must be pretty damn good to be offered a place outright! From what I can tell last year only 1 place was given outright and the rest of us were kept under consideration until the end of the recall season.

How did you find the interview/directing exercise, last year it was possibly the scariest thing I've ever done!
    Heyy thanks, I'm so excited i got in
    I didnt realize they dont give more of the 5 places outright so now im even more excited :P
    Its so surreal... i was so sure i wasnt going to get in, and i was so nervous, i just wanted to do it to the best of my ability because i didnt want to regret not taking the chance, and now im in!

The interview was fun! SO nervous preparing and waiting, but once i got in there it was a ride! I admit a couple of the questions i wasn't expecting... (If i was on a modern cruise ship, where would i find Stephano?)
    The recall was intense though i love Wild Honey, i just had fun with it.

Good luck on your upcoming recall though, i hope you get in! 2nd times the charm!

And thanks to you too Respect4Acting, hope DCL sends you an offer soon.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Respect4Acting)
    I'd probably put RSAMD in the B Category along with the likes of Royal Welsh, Rose Bruford etc.. (In terms of reputation only, not training!)

I mean, you really need to find a school that suits you, but there is always going to be advantage of training in london, however I'm 100& sure, RSAMD have showcases for their 3rd year in London

So which schools would you say were in category a and which in cat b?

ReputationRep:
    You can't really catergorise Drama Schools as such, I mean when you graduate from them your all on an even keel anyway.

Reputation-wise RADA, Guildhall, LAMDA, Bristol Old Vic, Central and RSAMD are probably the most well known drama schools within the U.K.
    Drama Centre, Royal Welsh and East 15 are slightly newer but still have great reputations.
    Mountview, GSA, ArtsED and Italia Conti are well known for bringing through Musical Theatre talent.

It depends on what you measure it on though. I read recently that the highest success rate of graduates finding work straight from leaving Drama School came from The Oxford School Of Drama. So thats something else to take on board as well I suppose.
    If you look at the winners of this years Olivier Awards, most came from LAMDA and Guildhall.

All down to personal opinion though of course :-)

ReputationRep:
    Yeah I heard recently that in terms of actual training, rsamd and guildhall were joint top, with rada lamda etc just after. Obviously in terms of reputation and how well known, rada comes top but apparently not in terms of actual training anymore

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone know any other good drama schools in Scotland? Dunno if I can afford the English ones (not that I'll get in anyway).

ReputationRep:
    Rose bruford withdrew my application after i informed them it would be impossible for me to get to the interview, if i was going to be able to see a play and do the relevant research in order to gain my A level in the first place?! slightly confused if they can do this but i still have my 2 good choices

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.