Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Respect4Acting)
    Random, but I LOVE the song in your sig :P

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mazzia)
    Random, but I LOVE the song in your sig :P
    God yes, it's so good that I watched it about 100 times and now I'm refusing to watch it for some days to enjoy it more :X

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Seba_Nile)
    I would throughly recommend Stoppard's Arcadia. Valentine (a young mathematician) has an amazing monologue in it.
    I played Lady Croom in Arcadia in December 2008, its a brilliant play!

I think my personal favourite quote though is 'everytime i turned around she was up a Library ladder, in the end i gave in. Which reminds me, i saw something between her legs which reminded me of you...'
    On the second night our Bernard was slapped so hard he dislocated his jaw :P

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 03lawrel)
    I played Lady Croom in Arcadia in December 2008, its a brilliant play!

I think my personal favourite quote though is 'everytime i turned around she was up a Library ladder, in the end i gave in. Which reminds me, i saw something between her legs which reminded me of you...'
    On the second night our Bernard was slapped so hard he dislocated his jaw :P
    Its a truly brilliant play!

That bit is hilarious Glad to know someone else appreciates Stoppard!!
    xoxox

ReputationRep:
    heyy, does anyone know in terms of royal scottish (ba acting) whether people generally heard quicker for a yes/waiting list than a no or vice versa?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by c1234s)
    heyy, does anyone know in terms of royal scottish (ba acting) whether people generally heard quicker for a yes/waiting list than a no or vice versa?
    Might be different for CPP but I heard my Yes in about 2/3 weeks compared to my friends 9 days for a No.

ReputationRep:
    okay well hope i'm in same boat ! my friend got letter saying she's on waiting list like last thurs though :/
    what do you reckon!?

ReputationRep:
    (she was on the same day as me)

ReputationRep:
    (she was on the same day as me)
    Waiting is normally a good sign, so I'll cross my fingers for you!
    Let me know how it goes! It would be ace to have another RSAMDer on the forum

ReputationRep:
    arghh so nervewrecking! cos i know places like lamda who take weeks longer to say no than yes, and i know people who auditioned for rsamd who got there no's after others got told waiting list!

ReputationRep:
    arghh so nervewrecking! cos i know places like lamda who take weeks longer to say no than yes, and i know people who auditioned for rsamd who got there no's after others got told waiting list!
    eee! Good Luck! I hope yours is different
    Is this your final one to wait for?

ReputationRep:
    i hope so too but i'm getting more and more worried as the days go by! yeah final (and favourite) one!

ReputationRep:
    Hi all!
    Have started a 2011 thread: http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show...0#post25160620

Ants in pants? Me??

Anyway, quick question - which drama schools go through UCAS? Would applying to those normally mean you can't apply to "back-up" degrees in English?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rosefan42)
    Hi all!
    Have started a 2011 thread: http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show...0#post25160620

Ants in pants? Me??

Anyway, quick question - which drama schools go through UCAS? Would applying to those normally mean you can't apply to "back-up" degrees in English?
    Central, Rose Bruford, Royal Welsh and i think there might be a few others... but maybe someone else can help me on that one.. I would say it wouldn't mean you can't apply for back-up degrees, some of the UCAS schools ask for another application anyway and PS isn't necessarily super important on some of the drama school applications, so you can focus on English. And also English isn't too far removed from Drama, many things you say about one can relate to the other also.

But Anyway! Good Luck you Eager Beaver!

ReputationRep:
    Central, Rose Bruford, Royal Welsh and i think there might be a few others... but maybe someone else can help me on that one.. I would say it wouldn't mean you can't apply for back-up degrees, some of the UCAS schools ask for another application anyway and PS isn't necessarily super important on some of the drama school applications, so you can focus on English. And also English isn't too far removed from Drama, many things you say about one can relate to the other also.

Cool - thanks!
    Am still undecided about an English degree anyway.
    At the moment my favourite non-drama school option is Drama & Creative Writing at UEA...the degree Matt Smith did :yep:
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper

LIPA i think?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by francescarella)
    LIPA i think?
    Oh aye! Forgot that one :P

Oh! How's the accidental festival going? I wish I could get down to see some of it, I've watched a the video from last year on the website and it looks ace!

ReputationRep:
    Hello! Can't tell you how nervous it make me posting here!

I'm after some advice, or even just some stories of your own adutition experiences really. I have two auditions (Mountview and Oxford) coming up in June (I had to apply late due to illness and exams) and these will be my first auditions in many years. The last auditions I went through were during my GCSEs :/

I've read through all the specs and planned out four monologues, though I still need to choose a couple more just so I have plenty to choose from, I think. I'm really, really nervous. It has been so long since I performed properly in front of anyone. I know I can do it, but self doubt creeps in quite easily when you've had quite a bit of a break.

Do any of you lovely people have any personal stories or advice you'd like to share? What were your impressions of the places, the people etc? What should I/shouldn't I expect? What kind of speeches did you choose? How long did you stay? Etc.

I have never been to either place, due to my health I was unable to go to open days. I'll be applying for an MA, so I realise it's ridiculously competative and want to prepare as much as I can

ReputationRep:
    I'm trying my best to muster up the balls to apply for Oxford School of Drama, proper last minute job but hey ho that's me all over. Cacking my pants SO much at even sending off the application...so guess i'll see you there beccydoodaa if i can find a pair to strap on. I'm such a wuss sometimes. Cack cack cack major cack!

PS hello everyone and that.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by beef_tea)
    I'm trying my best to muster up the balls to apply for Oxford School of Drama, proper last minute job but hey ho that's me all over. Cacking my pants SO much at even sending off the application...so guess i'll see you there beccydoodaa if i can find a pair to strap on. I'm such a wuss sometimes. Cack cack cack major cack!

PS hello everyone and that.
    Hi beef_tea,

You're certainly not alone! I'm terrified and I'm really afraid that this is going to affect my chances because of just how nervous I am. I am just finishing up a degree in literature so it's been quite some time since I've been through any audition processes.

Fingers crossed that you do it.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.