Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Got unconditional from Glamorgan my top choice!

SO HAPPY!!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Seba_Nile)
    Just to note that the Rose Bruford course isn't one of the most acknowledged courses out there, despite being a drama school. More recently the industry has turned it's nose up to the institution somewhat due to the dwindling standards.

Just a precautionary note.

On the other hand, the Royal Holloway course is fantastic !
    OhmyGOD how amazing does the International Studies Drama course at Royal Holloway sound!!! Have you heard from them yet?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AccioJellyBean)
    OhmyGOD how amazing does the International Studies Drama course at Royal Holloway sound!!! Have you heard from them yet?
    Its an amazing course, yes. I'm not applying there, if you got that idea from my post.

I'm a first year Production Arts student at Mountview

ReputationRep:
    Nevermind i just realised you guys were talking about STAGE-MANAGEMENT.

& not acting.

Just had my LAMDA audition today won't hear till about 2 weeks or so, so my one and only focus is nailing centrals long day

(Original post by dramalad)
    Moderns I am okay with... just need to cut them down a bit.

On Shakey speeches:
    For Central I'm planning on doing:
    Angelo - What's this, What's this? and Hamlet - O That this too too solid flesh...

Hopefully that will be alright.
    For the other schools I plan to do a different monologue from Hamlet / Macbeth or Measure for Measure.

I don't want this to seem lazy as 'well known texts' - I am doing them because they are the texts I have studied and feel most comfortable in my knowledge of, will they reject that explanation and say I'm lazy?

So I'm considering Claudio's speech on Death, and a Hamlet/Macbeth one...

Anyone have any views?

IF you ever called Shakespeare "Shakey" at central's 2nd round (if you got that far) they would actually tell you your audition is over and ask you to leave the building, I'm not kidding my silly friend did it last year (he thought it was a cool nickname) :awesome:.
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by Respect4Acting)
    Nevermind i just realised you guys were talking about STAGE-MANAGEMENT.

& not acting.

Just had my LAMDA audition today won't hear till about 2 weeks or so, so my one and only focus is nailing centrals long day

IF you ever called Shakespeare "Shakey" at central's 2nd round (if you got that far) they would actually tell you your audition is over and ask you to leave the building, I'm not kidding my silly friend did it last year (he thought it was a cool nickname) :awesome:.
    ahahahahahah AMAZE! god bless Central. a few years ago they asked a guy to redo his hamlet speech with a man on his back the whole time. lulz.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by francescarella)
    ahahahahahah AMAZE! god bless Central. a few years ago they asked a guy to redo his hamlet speech with a man on his back the whole time. lulz.
    Do people actually hire you to perform burlesque? :eek3:

ReputationRep:
    Yaaay! My UCAS has (as far as I know) been sent, and I'm just finishing off my RSAMD form and the LIPA accompanying form.

I have a question about the RSAMD one though, it asks for a student registration number for vocational courses, and I do a BTEC in Production..should I go ask my teacher today for that number or do I just leave it? It's got me stumped, lol.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by wastedxtime)
    Yaaay! My UCAS has (as far as I know) been sent, and I'm just finishing off my RSAMD form and the LIPA accompanying form.

I have a question about the RSAMD one though, it asks for a student registration number for vocational courses, and I do a BTEC in Production..should I go ask my teacher today for that number or do I just leave it? It's got me stumped, lol.
    I don't think you should worry about it too much.
    Only worry if they ask for it later on :P

I've sent my RSAMD application off It's WELL exciting.

ReputationRep:
    Did you leave yours blank? I might leave it for now cos i've got NO IDEA, but i asked my teacher & he aint sure either =/

ReputationRep:
    I left mine blank.

ReputationRep:
    Good, thanks for the info. I'm gonna take in my guidance booklet to show him on Thursday, but if not i'ma leave it and just send it off haha!
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by that_diesel)
    Do people actually hire you to perform burlesque? :eek3:
    yes. aren't you a clever one.

ReputationRep:
    I know there's a few Central students on this thread, and I was wondering if anyone could give me an insight into the audition process for the Theatre Practise course? There's a lot on here about the audition process for performance courses, but not much about the production ones. I've received the letter with what appears to be a design brief (3 pictures that affect you in a certain way, and another object such as props of other equipment) to be used in a workshop situation, but this is worrying me a little as I'm not really sure what to expect or how best to prepare other than doing what they specify on the letter.

Anything will be much appreciated, I'm really starting to panic slightly as there's so much to do! Portfolios, various different questionnaires and application forms, a devised piece for RSAMD, and even a monologue or two! Plus I'm about to start tech week, then a 50 show run of panto...2 shows a day on top of everything else!! Eeesh.

ReputationRep:
    But why?

ReputationRep:
    I think he's about to try and be offensive. He's almost there. Let's wait and then give him a little clap.
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by StrawberryFlip)
    I know there's a few Central students on this thread, and I was wondering if anyone could give me an insight into the audition process for the Theatre Practise course? There's a lot on here about the audition process for performance courses, but not much about the production ones. I've received the letter with what appears to be a design brief (3 pictures that affect you in a certain way, and another object such as props of other equipment) to be used in a workshop situation, but this is worrying me a little as I'm not really sure what to expect or how best to prepare other than doing what they specify on the letter.

Anything will be much appreciated, I'm really starting to panic slightly as there's so much to do! Portfolios, various different questionnaires and application forms, a devised piece for RSAMD, and even a monologue or two! Plus I'm about to start tech week, then a 50 show run of panto...2 shows a day on top of everything else!! Eeesh.
    hold thatb thought- i'll tell you alll about the process in a wee while.
    do not fear! it is fine!
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by Melana)
    I think he's about to try and be offensive. He's almost there. Let's wait and then give him a little clap.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by that_diesel)
    But why?
    Because she wants to? It's her right to.
    People who are as judgemental as you are being is the reason I despair of people from the Hounslow Borough. I live there and its going so downhill and fast.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Seba_Nile)
    Because she wants to? It's her right to.
    People who are as judgemental as you are being is the reason I despair of people from the Hounslow Borough. I live there and its going so downhill and fast.
    omg DRAMA !

well at least it's in the right thread

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Respect4Acting)
    omg DRAMA !

well at least it's in the right thread
    More politics, philosophy and other such related areas but drama covers these too I guess .

I get slightly peeved when people criticise people's freedom to do as they please. So long as it doesn't break any reasonable law or moral decency, people have the right to do as they please without being pestered or criticised by others.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.