Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Need Contact Lenses NOW! Watch

• PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    (Original post by satisfactionatlast)
    I thought it was dangerous to sleep with your contacts on?:confused:
    I have special ones that are particularly made to be worn 24 hours a day.
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    (Original post by jabed786)
    I've had no problem with Specsavers... although my recent purchase, the contacts have a slight blue tint in them
    I think it just might have been some improvement in them so people can see the lenses if they fall off your finger or something.
    Which kind of lenses do you wear - the monthlies?
    My new pack has the ones with a blue tint as well. They also say 'ok' on the rim so you know which way out they should be. I always get them the wrong way round so I'm liking that :p:.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ~ Mandy ~)
    My new pack has the ones with a blue tint as well. They also say 'ok' on the rim so you know which way out they should be. I always get them the wrong way round so I'm liking that :p:.
    wow I never noticed that - about the 'ok'. Lol I cant wait for tomorrow to put in another pair and see the 'ok'!
    im glad your new pack has a blue tint then - when I put the first pair of them in, I thought they might have given me the special astigmatism type lenses or something - but i guess not.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by satisfactionatlast)
    I'm sick sick SICK of wearing glasses! Seriously! It's been almost 6 years now. Sometimes I misplace it, and end up sitting or stepping on it. I broke my glasses at least 5 times and they're the Silloute bendy ones!

People say contact lenses are more annoying than glasses. Is this true?

And at what age can you start wearing them? I tried on a sample and it wasn't that bad. It's just hard removing them and takes time. But hey practice makes perfect!
    I've had contact lenses for about three months now and I love them! They make going out so much easier, especially if you get drunk.

I've only recently bought contact lenses from Specsavers and they are amazing. I paid £30 for the elite ones for three months and it's amazing. Get them if you can afford it.

ReputationRep:
    The contacts at my current optians will cost about £20 a month for monthlies.
    This includes solution and after care (on a 6 month check up)

Can specksavers be cheaper?
    Thanks

ReputationRep:
    I only wore glasses for like 2 yrs (I started having to wear them at about 14) and then I got contact lenses when I was 16/17. They're os much more convenient than glasses for me and it boost your self esteem. Cleaning them can be annoying though!

ReputationRep:
    I've used them for years and years. Contact lenses are the best thing since sliced bread.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: August 8, 2009
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.