Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Bio oil or Palmers cocoa butter is what I moisturise my boobs with everyday.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Andy_ryan)
    positive rep to you (though mines not worth much)

who ever said men couldnt enjoy erotic literature is a filthy liar
    :kissing2: thanks for the rep! men could enjoy it, if they just gave it a try! :rolleyes: But I really fail to see how my post is erotic. But thanks anyway!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tropical-twist3)
    they can'tgreatly reduce cellulite because its the way the fat is stored and down to circulation. The massaging motion you'd use to rub it in is actually more helpful thn the lotion itself. You can get special massages that combat cellulite and they are pretty effective but lots of money. But generally if you massage very firmly everyday, in upward strokes towards your heart, that supposedly helps. I cba though..
    Gels can help to combat cellulite because of the cooling effect they have though, and they can help 'tighten' the skin. Yeah it's a real bugger doing it everyday, I have phases of doing it religiously for several weeks then getting lazy!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tropical-twist3)
    I just thought I'd point out this will only help with the ageing of the skin and stretch marks, it won't help with the sagging, mostly sagging is caused by general wear and tear of the ligaments inside your breasts..this can be massively helped by wearing bras with good support and exercise bras during exercise but you can't stop time which ulltimately weakens them with all your movements over the years..
    I'd disagree that it won't help with the sagging; look how much the skin under your neck droops as you age - and that's not even trying to hold up two heavy balls of tissue! Sure wearing a well supportive bra stops the ligaments from tearing but that's only half the story...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by abc101)
    Oo also I'd say do body brushing and rub one of those 'silhouette' gels into your bum and thighs to help reduce cellulite!
    Do any of those cellulite gels/creams etc really work? Anyone tried them?
    I always see before and after pics in magazine and they seem to improve the appearance a bit, but so many people say that nothing will fix cellulite. It seems too good to be true so Im not sure what to believe.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mangomaz)
    I'd disagree that it won't help with the sagging; look how much the skin under your neck droops as you age - and that's not even trying to hold up two heavy balls of tissue! Sure wearing a well supportive bra stops the ligaments from tearing but that's only half the story...
    Yeah but there's a difference between skin sagging and your breasts sagging. your skin will wrinkle and sag on your breasts but what really makes the actual breasts sag lower is the ligaments and stuff inside your breast. You just need to look at picture of tribal women that don't waer bras at all, even the younger women with better skin have breasts that sag more than urban women that wear bras!

The skin only plays a much more significant part in it after breastfeeding, if the breast size go back down when they've stopped lactating but the skin isn't so resilient. The same with if you drastically lost a lot of weight. That is when all the moisturising would definitely help, but even then the only really effective solution would be surgery.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by shuperstar)
    Do any of those cellulite gels/creams etc really work? Anyone tried them?
    I always see before and after pics in magazine and they seem to improve the appearance a bit, but so many people say that nothing will fix cellulite. It seems too good to be true so Im not sure what to believe.
    I'm using Tesco Body Therapy Spa Silhouette Svelte Gel at the minute (you can buy it on its own or in a box with scrub and a massage thing for applying it with!) and I would be tempted to say I have noticed a slight difference, but I'm not sure if it's just a placebo - I mean, my cellulite is still really bad, but it's always been horrendously bad, so it could have made a slight improvement. It was fairly cheap anyway!

You can't really get rid of it totally though unfortunately...they say eat well and drink lots, but I eat really healthily and drink like a diabetic fish and that makes no difference! Exercise is supposed to help too but I haven't found it to really

ReputationRep:
    I tried the biotherm anti cellulite one for a couple of weeks not expecting it to work at all (my friend gave it to me) and I was shocked when I looked in the mirror and saw my skin looked pretty smooth! So I no longer think they're completely useless.
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    I tried the biotherm anti cellulite one for a couple of weeks not expecting it to work at all (my friend gave it to me) and I was shocked when I looked in the mirror and saw my skin looked pretty smooth! So I no longer think they're completely useless.
    It's around £30...I'd expect results from a cream of that price too :p:

ReputationRep:
    I'll have to start moisturising my boobs then lol :p: even if i dont want to :rollseyes: thanks for the advice though! and i use sunscreen, i need to moisturise my hands more :O
    x

ReputationRep:
    Equally as important if not more, is..

ice cubes!

I rub ice cubes on my breasts every day and they are quite firm imo. It may sound weird but it really works!

ReputationRep:
    They're supposed to be firm at this age, duh. I doubt it's nothing to do with ice cubes!

Also, OP - I cringed at your post. In fact the word 'breasts' make me cringe.

ReputationRep:
    i never know that you can moisturize the breast to avoid it form sagging. i will definitely try this.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sarahthegemini)
    They're supposed to be firm at this age, duh. I doubt it's nothing to do with ice cubes!

Also, OP - I cringed at your post. In fact the word 'breasts' make me cringe.
    Aw really? It's quite a neutral word. Maybe it's the neutrality of it that makes you cringe since breasts are awesome and so should have a more powerful word to describe them.

And yes, most people on this forum will have firm boobies, but it's more about getting into good habits for taking care of them. There's no point starting anti sagging theories when they've already drooped.

Also not sure how true it is, but I was once told that your bosom loses 50% of it's pertness between the ages of 18 and 20.

ReputationRep:
    Aw really? It's quite a neutral word. Maybe it's the neutrality of it that makes you cringe since breasts are awesome and so should have a more powerful word to describe them.

And yes, most people on this forum will have firm boobies, but it's more about getting into good habits for taking care of them. There's no point starting anti sagging theories when they've already drooped.

Also not sure how true it is, but I was once told that your bosom loses 50% of it's pertness between the ages of 18 and 20.
    Yeah I don't know why it makes me cringe, it just does! I prefer the word boob lol.

Also, :eek3: I hope that's not true, I'm 19!! But then again, my boobs are really small so they can't really sag :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sarahthegemini)
    Actually, cold water/ice is generally known to tighten/firm the skin. And young women don't necessarily have firm breasts, depending on how heavy they are.

ReputationRep:
    huh... I never considered this before. Ah well, may start then considering I just bought a new bottle of bio oil a couple of days ago. tbh the most I think it could ever do is to improve the skin and nothing else, but its better thaan nothing.

ReputationRep:
    I use baby oil when I get out of the shower; cheap and brilliant xx

ReputationRep:
    Is it strange that I'm aroused by this?

ReputationRep:
    How have I never noticed this thread before...

:gah:

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.