Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hey guys

So I'm planning on staying at George Kenyon hall (formerly University place) this year while working on my masters. Part of my motivation for living on campus is to get to know other students. Now I tried looking up opinions on the hall but can't really find anything ( possibly because it is a post grad hall).

Basically I want to know:

Is the hall made up of mostly international students?

Is the location good in terms of social life?

Any common complaints?

Any useful information will be appreciated and repped!

I've not stayed in GK but I know people who have and none of them are international students (although I'm sure there are quite a few in halls). I've not heard any complaints - it's pretty new and is of a good standard. It's a very good location in terms of being close to everything on campus and the city centre is only 5 mins away by bus or walkable in 10-15 mins.

You won't find it difficult to get to know other students at Manchester - it's a very friendly university and there is always plenty going on around campus and the city. The postgrad society is worth joining - they are based next to the main library and seem to organise a lot of socials.

ReputationRep:
    Thanks!

ReputationRep:
    wats the difference between an ensuite room and a deluxe ensuite room in GEORGE KENYON HALL?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dni2011)
    wats the difference between an ensuite room and a deluxe ensuite room in GEORGE KENYON HALL?
    The difference between an ensuite and an ensuite deluxe room in George Kenyon Hall is that the standard room is approximately 2.40M x 5.30 with a single bed in. The deluxe rooms are approximately 2.80M x.5.30M and have a queen size bed in. Other than this there are no other differences.

ReputationRep:
    The difference between an ensuite and an ensuite deluxe room in George Kenyon Hall is that the standard room is approximately 2.40M x 5.30 with a single bed in. The deluxe rooms are approximately 2.80M x.5.30M and have a queen size bed in. Other than this there are no other differences.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brexit voters: Do you stand by your vote?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.