Turn on thread page Beta

saftey of prostitutes in Amsterdam watch

I am a 26 year old virgin that needs to be with a women. I have no confidence and really need to feel the lust of a women. Im going to amsterdam and want to go to the red light district. However, Im afraid that I will get HIV. I hear mixed reviews about the testing policies. I have read that some are tested regularly while others aren't tested? How does the government regulate it? I would assume by testing? I also think since they have free health care they would get tested because of all the sex they have. Does anyone have any information they could tell me about testing regulations or policies in the red light district? I would feel much better if I could be with a women and not have the worry of diseases. PLease help.

ReputationRep:
    I'm sure you could ask for certificated proof (I know some prostitutes carry these) and if they get funny, they don't get your business, simple as. However, proof that they were clean 3 months ago doesn't mean they're clear now. The risk is small, as using a condom (which obviously you DEFINITELY should - and any prostitute who offers non-condom sex should be avoided) does provide good protection, coupled with the fact that the transmission rate of HIV per sexual encounter I believe is 1 in 50, even if they definitely have it. HIV is rare anyway, but there is a real risk. Be cautious, but the risk is small.

More importantly though is the fact that you are contemplating going to Amsterdam to visit a prostitute to lose your virginity, rather than finding an understanding partner to share that experience with. You'll have sex with a prostitute, then what? Die a happy man? I think this one needs serious consideration. Would a future girlfriend be put off if you told her of your experience? 9 out of 10 times the answer would be yes.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    I am a 26 year old virgin that needs to be with a women. I have no confidence and really need to feel the lust of a women. Im going to amsterdam and want to go to the red light district. However, Im afraid that I will get HIV. I hear mixed reviews about the testing policies. I have read that some are tested regularly while others aren't tested? How does the government regulate it? I would assume by testing? I also think since they have free health care they would get tested because of all the sex they have. Does anyone have any information they could tell me about testing regulations or policies in the red light district? I would feel much better if I could be with a women and not have the worry of diseases. PLease help.
    she wont be lusting. she'll be more fed up with work than u or i

ReputationRep:
    good luck in Amsterdam, feel sorry for a virgin of 26 year old, go and be free!

ReputationRep:
    If you go into one of the "shop" style places then they make you wash yourself in a small sink in the room. These are the places you can trust a bit more to be honest when you see they are keen on good hygiene. If they don't tell you to use a condom then don't use them as you know they won't have been using them with others and god knows what they are carrying. Take your own if you have to... Oh and the reason I know this, as a female before you ask, is because my boyfriend told me about his previous experience in Amsterdam. And in reply to someone else about a future girlfriend being put off - I wasn't but that was because I totally knew the man he was before I found that out. It was something I asked to know about and he was honest with me - We had had STD tests so there was nothing to worry about there, if anything I was curious about his experience!

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 30, 2009
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.