The Student Room Group

Cancel your existing Orange contract! - For free, no matter how long the Contract!

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.html?t=1825687

Take a read of the above, you can cancel your contract if it was issued prior to 31st of May, as they are putting up their prices come september. Great way to back out of a lengthy contract and keep your phone if you ask me!:p:

Worked, just canceled my mothers phone now she'll get a simplicity sim only deal for £10 a month, and keep her Sony C905 :smile: Winner.

Going to do the same for my sister when she turns up :tongue:... She only got her 5800xpress music in March on a 24 month contract - What a saving!

EDIT: Much appreciated in regards to the Rep I've recieved lately, wasn't for this but a nice extra, thanks alot to those who have given it out :smile:

Scroll to see replies

im on the phone to them cancelling it now! :smile:
Reply 2
jaredleo999
im on the phone to them cancelling it now! :smile:

Nice one, what you going for after?

Can't believe we have saved upwards of £350 today and more to come next week!
they're sending me a PAC code or something for my number to be used again, so now i only have 30 days of my 18mnth contract left!
Your a LEGEND MATE!! haha
Is it defiantly only for contracts started before the end of may?
Wouldn't mind cancelling mine, then taking out a cheaper sim only plan and keep my phone lol.
Reply 5
jaredleo999
they're sending me a PAC code or something for my number to be used again, so now i only have 30 days of my 18mnth contract left!
Your a LEGEND MATE!! haha

LOL quick question buddy, we won't have to pay any cancellation fee will we at all? And no buy out amount at all right? - I forgot to ask, as I assumed this, but obviously not if its caused such an issue! - 2 million people are expected to cancel!
Reply 6
haha this is awesome...even though i'm not on orange!
Reply 7
Ah bugger I got my orange phone off dial a phone so I bet this won't apply to me :s-smilie:
Reply 8
chan89
Ah bugger I got my orange phone off dial a phone so I bet this won't apply to me :s-smilie:

It does :wink:

Give them a nice phone call, and all will be sorted :biggrin:
Reply 9
chan89

your contract is with orange..not dialaphone..so i dont see why it shouldnt! just call them up!
Oooh. I got my phone on 12th May and it's so expensive. They said they would try and get me 10% off, it never materialised! :mad: Would very much like to cancel it! :wink:
chan89

It should, but check dialaphones T&C's too, because you may have to return the phone or pay the actual cost of the phone if you want to keep it (as the contract for the handset is with them, its the airtime contract that is with orange).
Reply 12
damn i wish this could happen on o2! hate my contract!!
Ok details please, I want a new phone... contract ends in January.. I got it in June 08. Orange Dolphin 15 + C902 :wink: Going for a C905 + O2 Genie card.

I don't think I got this text yet... what should I say to Orange? :s-smilie:

Rep at stake :awesome:
Reply 14
spikeymike
Ok details please, I want a new phone... contract ends in January.. I got it in June 08. Orange Dolphin 15 + C902 :wink: Going for a C905 + O2 Genie card.

As per there terms and conditions..the changes to their prices warrants you to be able to end your contract without cost. Just say this.
Reply 15
spikeymike

Terminating your Contract because Orange has changed its terms

4.3 You may also terminate your Contract if we vary its terms, resulting in an excessive increase in the Charges or changes that alter your rights under this Contract to your detriment. In such cases you would need to give us at least 14 days written notice prior to your Billing Date (and within one month of us telling you about the changes). However this option does not apply if:

4.3.1 we have increased the Charges by an amount equal to or less than the percentage increase in the All Items Index of Retail Prices published by the Central Statistical Office in the Monthly Digest of Statistics in any 12 month period;"

Taken from http://www1.orange.co.uk/mobileterms/#4
All T&Cs http://www1.orange.co.uk/mobileterms/
Reply 16
****. what do i say when i ring them up? is this official?
what is all the fuss about, its only small changes:
they're going to be replacing the £1 per day maximum with a 60p flat charge in any day you use it, for as much as you use it (25MB fair use daily).
I also believe the minimum charge for calls not included in your plan (i.e. 0870 numbers, calls made after your free minutes) goes up from 5p to 15p.
Source: I work for Orange ;-)

from post 2 in the link
Reply 18
madima
****. what do i say when i ring them up? is this official?

Just say your not happy with the recent price increases, and you want to cancel your contract as per their terms and conditions! :woo:
Reply 19
sk88
Just say your not happy with the recent price increases, and you want to cancel your contract as per their terms and conditions! :woo:

is there proof of this or should i just go with what that guy said?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending