Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Cancel your existing Orange contract! - For free, no matter how long the Contract! Watch

ReputationRep:
    I called back up today as I decided I didn't really fancy cancelling after all haha, as all I was going to do was take out a new contract with orange..and I've now got a free new phone coming (LG Cookie I think) with unlimited texts and 400 minutes all for a TENNER a month! Bargain.

Might call up tomorrow and see if they'll give me free internet too haha.

ReputationRep:
    Are they gonna send texts out to everyone on the 5th August? I really want to cancel

ReputationRep:
    I just got the text.
    As I said, not cancelling though as I'd have to send the phone back.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by WelshBluebird)
    I just got the text.
    As I said, not cancelling though as I'd have to send the phone back.
    What you could do is say you are thinking about cancelling, and then they may offer you more minutes, or money off your bill.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by laura-rad)
    Are they gonna send texts out to everyone on the 5th August? I really want to cancel
    Nope, i think they all have to be sent by the 14th August.. maybe? They have to give you 30 days notice, but they are staggering the texts so they don't get loads of calls at once.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SuicidalLemming)
    I called back up today as I decided I didn't really fancy cancelling after all haha, as all I was going to do was take out a new contract with orange..and I've now got a free new phone coming (LG Cookie I think) with unlimited texts and 400 minutes all for a TENNER a month! Bargain.

Might call up tomorrow and see if they'll give me free internet too haha.
    Hmph! They would give me a new phone. Although i was asking for the HTC Hero, so maybe asking a bit too much! :p: That's great for you though. Probs worth even just paying for internet at that price!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ladydeborah)
    What you could do is say you are thinking about cancelling, and then they may offer you more minutes, or money off your bill.
    Didn't think of that. I don't need more minutes as I have no chance of using the 1200 I have lol. But have they actually given anyone money off yet?

Think I will try this week though.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by WelshBluebird)
    Didn't think of that. I don't need more minutes as I have no chance of using the 1200 I have lol. But have they actually given anyone money off yet?

Think I will try this week though.
    They were more eager to give me £10 off than 200 extra minutes. So worth a try.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ladydeborah)
    They were more eager to give me £10 off than 200 extra minutes. So worth a try.
    ah ok, I'll try that tomorrow then. Thanks lol.

ReputationRep:
    Still waiting for the text :mad:

ReputationRep:
    im still waiting for a text, i hope i get one anyway because i really want to cancel my orange contract.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Est.1989)
    im still waiting for a text, i hope i get one anyway because i really want to cancel my orange contract.
    Ditto. But i'm gonna stay with orange, i just want to reduce my contract atm i pay £35, I wana see if i can get it down to at least £15 lol :p: and maybe increase the minutes and texts =]

ReputationRep:
    Right, for anyone who got their contract from mobiles.co.uk.
    They have said that anyone who wants to cancel because of the prices changes, can do, and they will be able to keep the phone without charge.

So I'm going to phone up tomorrow, get my PAC, and see if I can transfer my number to an orange sim only plan. Would be paying £20 a month instead of £30 then, and would only be on a monthly contract instead of a 2 year one.

ReputationRep:
    Everything went smoothly, PAC code came, gone to Vodafone for £15 a month no contract, just a one month rolling one, 300mins,unlimited texts Bargain, oh yeah, and got a C905 which I got from Orange at Xmas

Got to drop my other contract tomorrow (Should get a text), but they said they will knock a tenner off a month instead, making the bill £7.20 for 200mins, unlimited texts Oh yeah, with a 5800 xpress music edition

ReputationRep:
    Got it £9 a month for 200 mins, unlimited texts on a 5800 xpress music edition

ReputationRep:
    Did anyone get the text today? I STILL haven't received it yet, and I was told today was the day I was meant to get it :confused: Any ideas on what I should do?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BSB)
    Did anyone get the text today? I STILL haven't received it yet, and I was told today was the day I was meant to get it :confused: Any ideas on what I should do?
    I got a text today and I was like yay! :woo: But it was just a text from them saying I could now view my bill online...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BSB)
    (Original post by laura-rad)
    I got a text today and I was like yay! :woo: But it was just a text from them saying I could now view my bill online...
    YOU CAN DO IT WITHOUT THE TEXT!

I did. Though that was on Saturday and nothing's happened yet? How long has it taken other people?

ReputationRep:
    I'm gonna ring em tomorrow until I get that contract cancelled or at least reduced!!!!!!! :mad:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BSB)
    I'm gonna ring em tomorrow until I get that contract cancelled or at least reduced!!!!!!! :mad:

The date of the 5th they gave was only a PROJECTION, on the computer it says 5th, they can't tell when it was actually sent - So if it is on the 5th on their computers (projection) then job done, you can get £10 knocked off per month (as I did, now at £7.20 per month) or cancel the contract

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
    Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered mobile phones threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.