Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Cancel your existing Orange contract! - For free, no matter how long the Contract! Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Est.1989)
    im still waiting for a text, i hope i get one anyway because i really want to cancel my orange contract.
    i rang up yesterday pretending to be my brother to cancel his contract.. my brother didnt get a text but when i rang up i told them i had the text message...conversation went like this:
    ME: i want to cancel my contract because according to the terms and conditions i can
    Orange: did you get the message saying bla de bla...
    ME: yes
    Orange: when?
    ME: around the 20th of july
    Orange: no you didnt because we havent sent you one yet
    ME: are you calling me a liar?
    Orange: no, but if it says here we havent sent the text so it doesnt apply to you
    ME: i dont give a ****, according to the terms and conditions of the contract i can cancel it, so i would like to cancel it effective immediately
    (Long pause)Orange: the contract will be cancelled by tomorrow morning, would you like a pac code?
    ME: no, could i have you name and supervisors number please?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BSB)
    Did anyone get the text today? I STILL haven't received it yet, and I was told today was the day I was meant to get it :confused: Any ideas on what I should do?
    ^^^^

Edit: i have done this for two of my friends as well who havent recieved the text message...they're all to scared to ring up lol but whenever i ask for the name of the person im speaking to they always seem to say paul...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jaredleo999)
    ^^^^

Edit: i have done this for two of my friends as well who havent recieved the text message...they're all to scared to ring up lol but whenever i ask for the name of the person im speaking to they always seem to say paul...
    I'm scared too haha, I rang before like 6 times and they didn't let me cancel it because I didn't have the text, eventhough I told them that the T&C's have changed so I was entitled to cancel it; regardless of having the text. I'm gonna ring a bit later, Any tips on what I should do/say i'm not a good speaker on the phone, I always end up giving in :o:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BSB)
    I'm scared too haha, I rang before like 6 times and they didn't let me cancel it because I didn't have the text, eventhough I told them that the T&C's have changed so I was entitled to cancel it; regardless of having the text. I'm gonna ring a bit later, Any tips on what I should do/say i'm not a good speaker on the phone, I always end up giving in :o:
    Tell them you've had the text? Worked a treat for me. If it doesn't work just keep trying until you get through to a nice person. It all depends on who answers your call.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BSB)
    they showed a bit of resistance when i was canceling one for my friend, just ask them if they have read the terms and conditions and say that you know you have the right cancel it free of charge.. and if they carry on to say no just act angry and ask to be transfered to a supervisor, they will get scared and give in at some point...just dont give up!!
    when they do give in, make sure they cancel it straight away because they will try to convince you to keep it for another 30 days...

ReputationRep:
    I hadn't received the text when I rang up, so I said "My friends on Orange have been getting this text, does it apply to me?" At which point the bloke said, yes, we sent it to you a fortnight ago... I still don't have it, but I can cancel if I wish.

ReputationRep:
    Hey guys, tried to cancel my contract but orange wanted to know what the text said. As i haven't actually had it yet can anyone tell me exactly what it said? Cheers!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by XskittyX)
    Hey guys, tried to cancel my contract but orange wanted to know what the text said. As i haven't actually had it yet can anyone tell me exactly what it said? Cheers!
    http://emulator.mtld.mobi/emulator.p...&Submit=Submit

ReputationRep:
    Oh for god sakes i'm getting really ANNOYED now, I rang up today and said the usual about the T&Cs and the woman said that because I wont be affected by the monthly changes and that I never go out of my minutes etc etc i'm not eligible! I'm so ******* pissed off and she said that there is a new legal thing now that everyone will get the text but not everyone is affected so people wont be able to cancel their contracts that easy.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BSB)
    Oh for god sakes i'm getting really ANNOYED now, I rang up today and said the usual about the T&Cs and the woman said that because I wont be affected by the monthly changes and that I never go out of my minutes etc etc i'm not eligible! I'm so ******* pissed off and she said that there is a new legal thing now that everyone will get the text but not everyone is affected so people wont be able to cancel their contracts that easy.
    Sorry you're finding it so hard. Keep trying though, it took me 4 tries, and others have had more. I distracted the advisor with a huge problem i had with another part of my bill first, then went on to cancel. You could always lie and say your "girlfriend" is moving to uni in Scotland and you will be ringing non-stop, so you probably will be going over your minutes. Or try and think or something more original :p:

You can ask to speak to their supervisor who will tell you when they will be sending you the text. The advisor i sopke to refused to give it to me, so i ask to speak to the supervisor who told me exactly when they would be sending me the text.
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by XskittyX)
    No point, they check if you actually got the text. I posted it here somewhere.

ReputationRep:
    Hey,
    I recently renewed my orange contract this week, so is it possible that I could get out of my 18 month contract?

I havn't received the text yet, if I had done I would have thought twice about staying with them!

Thx
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by ps2mint)
    Hey,
    I recently renewed my orange contract this week, so is it possible that I could get out of my 18 month contract?

I havn't received the text yet, if I had done I would have thought twice about staying with them!

Thx
    No.

ReputationRep:
    I got the text!

ReputationRep:
    Still haven't got "the text" :mad:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BSB)
    Still haven't got "the text" :mad:
    Has anyone without the text actually tried and got told no? I did it without recieving it. You may aswell try!

ReputationRep:
    Looks like they're trying to stop people cancelling. According to the thread at MSE, they're only allowing you to cancel if you go over your allowance now.
    Looks like I'm going to have fun when I phone up. Though I don't see how they can base it on my past bills, cos I've only had one. And I move back to uni in october, so my usage will increase.

ReputationRep:
    Slightly off topic, is there any way you can check your balance without calling 150 like sending a text to see how many minutes/texts you have left?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BSB)
    Slightly off topic, is there any way you can check your balance without calling 150 like sending a text to see how many minutes/texts you have left?
    You can check online by logging in to My Account. Or registering if you haven't already.

http://www.orange.co.uk/youraccount/

ReputationRep:
    Who do I call about this? I called 150 and then 1, but then I didn't know what to go to. If I can't cancel it for free I want to ask about the termination charge because I really can't do with paying £30 a month on a phone I don't get signal on

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
    Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered mobile phones threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.