Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Cancel your existing Orange contract! - For free, no matter how long the Contract! Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by madima)
    is there proof of this or should i just go with what that guy said?
    Well thousands of people seem to have done it...so i dont think anyone is going to be asking for proof..they know their terms and conditions..and they know they've increased the prices...so you just have to let them know that you want to cancel your contract!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sk88)
    Well thousands of people seem to have done it...so i dont think anyone is going to be asking for proof..they know their terms and conditions..and they know they've increased the prices...so you just have to let them know that you want to cancel your contract!
    last question i'm gonna bother you with: what's actually changed?

ReputationRep:

Erm the internet before used to be chargable at some rate..untill it reached £1 ..now they just charge you 60p when you use the net...and some call prices to 08 numbers have gone up. Nothing major..wont efffect most people..but people like to take advantage:rolleyes:
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by alexsheppard11)
    what is all the fuss about, its only small changes:
    they're going to be replacing the £1 per day maximum with a 60p flat charge in any day you use it, for as much as you use it (25MB fair use daily).
    I also believe the minimum charge for calls not included in your plan (i.e. 0870 numbers, calls made after your free minutes) goes up from 5p to 15p.
    Source: I work for Orange ;-)

from post 2 in the link
    Yerrr but I can't be arsed with this contract, I barely use my phone these days....

ReputationRep:
    see my earlier post

ReputationRep:
    I just read this one a site: "From what we can tell, the changes in charges are for all pay monthly contracts that commenced sometime after the end of May." (from here) So do i not qualify if i got my contract on 12 May?
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by ladydeborah)
    I just read this one a site: "From what we can tell, the changes in charges are for all pay monthly contracts that commenced sometime after the end of May." (from here) So do i not qualify if i got my contract on 12 May?
    Source?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by spikeymike)
    Source?
    oops sorry, copied it forgetting it would lose the url coding :p: here

Is a good site that talks you through your rights and what to say to the guys on the phone!

ReputationRep:
    what is all the fuss about, its only small changes:
    The point is not the fact that people are annoyed about the charges. It's the fact that they can get out of the contract for free, get a new phone on that and therefore make money by selling your old or new phone. No reason not to really!
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by ladydeborah)
    oops sorry, copied it forgetting it would lose the url coding :p: here

Is a good site that talks you through your rights and what to say to the guys on the phone!
    I'm not liking this line...

From what we can tell, the changes in charges are for all pay monthly contracts that commenced sometime after the end of May.
    May 08? May 09?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by GGecko)
    http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/...html?t=1825687

Take a read of the above, you can cancel your contract if it was issued prior to 31st of May, as they are putting up their prices come september. Great way to back out of a lengthy contract and keep your phone if you ask me!:p:

Worked, just canceled my mothers phone now she'll get a simplicity sim only deal for £10 a month, and keep her Sony C905 Winner.

Going to do the same for my sister when she turns up ... She only got her 5800xpress music in March on a 24 month contract - What a saving!
    I dont get it. They are changing the web browsing limits, and some numbers etc will cost more to cost outside of your normal minutes? Why cancel? Sorry if i missed something obvious.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pulkpull)
    The point is not the fact that people are annoyed about the charges. It's the fact that they can get out of the contract for free, get a new phone on that and therefore make money by selling your old or new phone. No reason not to really!
    spot on

ReputationRep:
    I have continued a new contract with Orange last week, I didn't even know of such increasements!! I feel cheated!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Luca118)
    I dont get it. They are changing the web browsing limits, and some numbers etc will cost more to cost outside of your normal minutes? Why cancel? Sorry if i missed something obvious.
    Calls that are not included in the minutes go up too... come on what numbers aren't 0870 etc etc these days...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by robbo3045)
    Calls that are not included in the minutes go up too... come on what numbers are't 0870 etc etc these days...
    http://www.saynoto0870.com/

ReputationRep:
    http://www.saynoto0870.com/
    Every time I have used that, it's either given me the wrong number, wrong departement, who won't transfer and give me the number over the phone - or the number isn't listed. But I suppose it is worth a go if you have access to the internet when your dialling.
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    my contract ends in october. i have a crap phone as i'll have had it 2 years by then. i have a pretty decent contract. 600 mins and 500 texts for £22 a month. i think i should just leave it and renew in october? Orange is the only network i can get at my house so i'm kinda stuck with it.
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    OMG :thumbsup:

I just found the text Orange sent me about the changes. woop woop :rofl:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by robbo3045)
    Calls that are not included in the minutes go up too... come on what numbers aren't 0870 etc etc these days...
    oh right, i only call mobiles or 01xxx numbers, fair enough.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by spikeymike)
    OMG :thumbsup:

I just found the text Orange sent me about the changes. woop woop :rofl:
    So so so what does it say? :p: Does it give a proper date to clear that up?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you rather give up salt or pepper?
    Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered mobile phones threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.