Turn on thread page Beta

Cancel your existing Orange contract! - For free, no matter how long the Contract! watch

ReputationRep:
    Ok, so I have a few issues, if people can clear them great!

I got my contract beginning of May 09, from Carphone warehouse Dolphin 35

my main issue is

a) Can I cancel the contract and keep the handset or do I have to give the handset back to CPW? And, can anyone please type out what their text says, as I haven't received it but want to take full advantage of it!
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by ladydeborah)
    So so so what does it say? :p: Does it give a proper date to clear that up?
    From Orange. From 14 Sep we're changing the cost of mobile internet browsing & some calls not included in your plan. See http://orangeworld.co.uk/r/03 for more

20/07/09 @ 12.05pm

ReputationRep:
    I might cancel mine. I'm on payasyougo and they just seriously rip me off.
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by BSB)

my main issue is

a) Can I cancel the contract and keep the handset or do I have to give the handset back to CPW? And, can anyone please type out what their text says, as I haven't received it but want to take full advantage of it!
    The handset is yours, you paid for it/got it free. My text is above, but they can probably check up whether they have sent you a text.
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by Epitomessence)
    This thread is to cancel a Pay Monthly contract. :curious:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by spikeymike)
    The handset is yours, you paid for it/got it free. My text is above, but they can probably check up whether they have sent you a text.
    Since others have been getting away with not having the text, i'm sure reading it out to them will be fine, I just hope I can keep the handset and not give it back to CPW. Will they be notified of the cancellation of the contract??

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Epitomessence)
    You can't cancel PAYG, you just stop putting credit on :lolwut:
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by BSB)
    Since others have been getting away with not having the text, i'm sure reading it out to them will be fine, I just hope I can keep the handset and not give it back to CPW. Will they be notified of the cancellation of the contract??
    CPW have nothing to do with your contract. It is between you and the network.

ReputationRep:
    CPW have nothing to do with your contract. It is between you and the network.
    Ohh, ok, thanks. One more question, sorry! I purchased mine during May of this year, am I still eligible 2 cancel it or does it HAVE TO be contracts purchased after May?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sk88)
    As per there terms and conditions..the changes to their prices warrants you to be able to end your contract without cost. Just say this.
    I also got a dolphin in June 08, might try to cancel the contract, send my phone to envirofone, get a bit of cash and then get a £10 a month contract with a free phone. I'm not that botherd about having a flashy phone now .
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by BSB)
    Ohh, ok, thanks. One more question, sorry! I purchased mine during May of this year, am I still eligible 2 cancel it or does it HAVE TO be contracts purchased after May?
    I'm not sure.. I'm just winging it.. I got mine last June.

ReputationRep:
    This thread is to cancel a Pay Monthly contract. :curious:
    lol, I just realised how utterly stupid my comment was. Ignore me, I'm going cuckoo! :eek3: :eek3:

ReputationRep:
    I'm not sure.. I'm just winging it.. I got mine last June.
    Ditto. I'll keep you guys posted though =) cheers for the help, rep coming your way!
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by BSB)
    Ditto. I'll keep you guys posted though =) cheers for the help, rep coming your way!
    Thanks. :hat2:

I just phoned up... :indiff:
    Spoiler:
    Show
    They were closed. :sad:

ReputationRep:
    Ok details please, I want a new phone... contract ends in January.. I got it in June 08. Orange Dolphin 15 + C902 Going for a C905 + O2 Genie card.

I don't think I got this text yet... what should I say to Orange?

Rep at stake :awesome:
    I dont reccomend the C905. I bought mine on November '08 and I have been into the shop with some fault or another NINE times since.
    Different faults usually every time, so I wouldn't reccomend getting one. I have just decided to get the new LG Viewty Smart. Hope its better!

ReputationRep:
    Thanks. :hat2:

I just phoned up... :indiff:
    Spoiler:
    Show
    They were closed. :sad:
    Haha, omg, I did the same I was so excited and I was waiting and then the ******* woman said the office hours were shout, blergh

So, when I actually cancel, when will I be cut off ASAP will I still be able to use my number before the new pac code/sim arrives hmm im confused ont hat part

ReputationRep:
    Contract is due renewal in October BUT like **** i'm staying with them. I'm not using my phone the way i used to, ends up costing far too much. Will phone the **** ends tomorrow. Fingers crossed!

ReputationRep:
    The handset is yours, you paid for it/got it free.
    Thats true if you got it from orange. Not true if you got it from a 3rd party like CPW.

(Original post by BSB)

my main issue is

Check the CPW site for their T&C's, it may mention something about having to return / pay for the phone if you cancel the contract with the network.

ReputationRep:
    I don't understand
    I am on a long Orange contract, recieved no text?
    How does this save me money?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by WelshBluebird)
    Thats true if you got it from orange. Not true if you got it from a 3rd party like CPW.

Check the CPW site for their T&C's, it may mention something about having to return / pay for the phone if you cancel the contract with the network.
    I've tried finding any information on their website, but I can't seem to find anything :confused: might have to dig through the long ass contract I signed with them by paper :rolleyes:

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered mobile phones threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.