Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Cancel your existing Orange contract! - For free, no matter how long the Contract! Watch

ReputationRep:
    Seriously? I've broken my C902 and the *******s refused to fix it, so I shall be doing this and going on a new contract!! Brilliant.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by GGecko)
    LOL quick question buddy, we won't have to pay any cancellation fee will we at all? And no buy out amount at all right? - I forgot to ask, as I assumed this, but obviously not if its caused such an issue! - 2 million people are expected to cancel!
    sorry about long reply been at work..
    No, what he said to me is that from yesterday (wen i rang up) the contract will have 30 days remaining, so what ever outstanding balance is already on the contract it has to be paid off.. there is no fee to cancel it at all, you only have to pay for the time thats left on the contract
    im keeping my new phone and going on a sim only package

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by GGecko)
    http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/...html?t=1825687

Take a read of the above, you can cancel your contract if it was issued prior to 31st of May, as they are putting up their prices come september. Great way to back out of a lengthy contract and keep your phone if you ask me!:p:

Worked, just canceled my mothers phone now she'll get a simplicity sim only deal for £10 a month, and keep her Sony C905 Winner.

Going to do the same for my sister when she turns up ... She only got her 5800xpress music in March on a 24 month contract - What a saving!

arghhhhhhh i just got a new contract but i dont think it has been 14 days yet so i should be able to return, i had 3 months left on my old contract can i cancel this new one and cancel my old one ?

ReputationRep:
    Sorry, i'm a bit confused. Is it possible to cancel if you started your contract before or after the end of May?

ReputationRep:
    What a horrible phone call!!

Phoned up to cancel, the man on the phone said that the new changes weren't going to affect me at all, said I never go over my minutes etc... then basically yelled at me and called me a liar, and said I was just using the loophole as an excuse (he did have a point though).

Oh well, it's all cancelled now, going to get a much better deal on a sim-only contract

What a rude horrible man!
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    Phone 150

- Say you're considering leaving, don't say "I would like to cancel my contract", instead say "I am considering cancelling my contract"
    - Then they will ask why you are leaving.
    - Tell them about the costs, make some crap up if need be... bad signal in places, inconvenient etc
    - He/She goes to check if I can disconnect without penalty.
    - Terminate done.

I'm out of my contract :thumbsup: Can't request a PAC code though , I think because today's my last day using my phone..Meh, just saved £~90.

Rep for OP.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by x.fiore.x)
    What a horrible phone call!!

Phoned up to cancel, the man on the phone said that the new changes weren't going to affect me at all, said I never go over my minutes etc... then basically yelled at me and called me a liar, and said I was just using the loophole as an excuse (he did have a point though).

Oh well, it's all cancelled now, going to get a much better deal on a sim-only contract

What a rude horrible man!
    Yay thats good. Did you get the text before you called? Also, when did you get your contract? (may clear up the pre- post- May issue).

ReputationRep:
    I wanna do it, but i'm still unsure about Phones 4 U taking my phone back

ReputationRep:
    i'm on pay as you go, what should i do?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ladydeborah)
    Yay thats good. Did you get the text before you called? Also, when did you get your contract? (may clear up the pre- post- May issue).
    I think I got the text, I delete stuff like that straight away though (cos i'm silly!). I took out the contract in Nov' 08. If anyone is gonna cancel, be prepared for them to try and catch you out, call you a liar and make you feel really bad!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BSB)
    I wanna do it, but i'm still unsure about Phones 4 U taking my phone back
    i'm pretty sure they won't take your phone back...(and if you ring them, they won't be able to take it!)
    + i think they give you the option of trading it in...or atleast they used to. my friend upgraded her contract, gave them the ******** phone in return and they gave her £50 for it!

buuut, how did i not no that i could cancel my contract.
    been trying to get an upgrade through phones4u for AGES, but theres a bit of fraud going on (on there behalf)
    this almost sounds too good to be true!

eekk.

ReputationRep:
    I just canceled mine! I called up and got caught out first coz i didnt receive the text and she wanted m to read it out and she said it wouldnt affect me. Then i found the one on here so i phoned up and this woman said its fine and its being cancelled from Sept 14th. Have a look at this http://www.bitterwallet.com/orange-i...contract/15723 it tells you what to say and that your mobile cannot be taken away from you because it is nothing to do with the contract. Good Luck x

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kates_f)
    i'm pretty sure they won't take your phone back...(and if you ring them, they won't be able to take it!)
    + i think they give you the option of trading it in...or atleast they used to. my friend upgraded her contract, gave them the ******** phone in return and they gave her £50 for it!

buuut, how did i not no that i could cancel my contract.
    been trying to get an upgrade through phones4u for AGES, but theres a bit of fraud going on (on there behalf)
    this almost sounds too good to be true!

eekk.
    Thing is, I don't wanna give my phone back it's a Blackberry Curve 8900, and paying for it would be too expensive and so not worth it. Hmm, I guess i've still got a few days to decide, it is risky though. Phones 4 U are notorious ******* though :mad:

ReputationRep:
    God I hate Orange, wish this had happened when I was on my 18 month contract, what a long expensive year and a half that was! Yay for loopholes.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by x.fiore.x)
    I think I got the text, I delete stuff like that straight away though (cos i'm silly!). I took out the contract in Nov' 08. If anyone is gonna cancel, be prepared for them to try and catch you out, call you a liar and make you feel really bad!
    Bless you :p: You just have to remember they only want your money!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BSB)
    Thing is, I don't wanna give my phone back it's a Blackberry Curve 8900, and paying for it would be too expensive and so not worth it. Hmm, I guess i've still got a few days to decide, it is risky though. Phones 4 U are notorious ******* though :mad:
    You wont have to send your phone back because their terms and conditions say:

“14.1 your Device is not a part of your Contract - your Device and Accessories are acquired by you outside the terms of your Contract.”

If an Orange operator demands the return the handset is mandatory, politely ask them to read their own terms and conditions.

ReputationRep:
    dammit. only had mine new contract 3 weeks

nice find though OP. M contract isnt too bad though so not massivley gutted. Another free phone would have been great though!

ReputationRep:
    Just phoned up again, make sure you ask for a PAC code, not a new sim card to be sent out with your number on, as that takes 30 days, in which after that you will not be eligible. Make sure you get a PAC code posted out, and transfer within a week elsewhere

Cheers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by KatieS2009)
    You wont have to send your phone back because their terms and conditions say:

“14.1 your Device is not a part of your Contract - your Device and Accessories are acquired by you outside the terms of your Contract.”

If an Orange operator demands the return the handset is mandatory, politely ask them to read their own terms and conditions.
    Yeah, I know Orange wont ask for my handset back. Its Phones 4 U that might because they're a third party and I got the handset from them not Orange right? Plus its gonna be 4 months into my contract soon

ReputationRep:
    On phones4u t&cs http://www.phones4u.co.uk/help/help_terms.asp#tac10 it doesnt say about having to return the phone but i would check

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Are unpaid trial work shifts fair?
    Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered mobile phones threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.