Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Cancel your existing Orange contract! - For free, no matter how long the Contract! Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by angelmxxx)
    Btw, does anyone know how to work out if a phone's locked to Orange or not?
    If there is an Orange logo on your phone cover/if an Orange logo comes up as the start-up screen when you switch on the phone.

ReputationRep:
    Called, and failed Said I didn't have the text message! And he said it most probably wouldn't be sent to me!
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by SuicidalLemming)
    Anyone know what time they stop answering calls?
    8am - 9:45pm (Mon - Fri)

ReputationRep:
    3rd times the charm, hope I can do it now!

ReputationRep:
    I have called Orange twice and despite receiving the text message on 19/7, they're insisting that the changes won't affect me, so I can't cancel my contract. The information on their site is so confusing - I don't understand why I got the message if the changes aren't going to affect me?? I'd love to get off of Orange, they're the worst mobile providers in my opinion.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sugar_Puff_Fairy)
    I have called Orange twice and despite receiving the text message on 19/7, they're insisting that the changes won't affect me, so I can't cancel my contract. The information on their site is so confusing - I don't understand why I got the message if the changes aren't going to affect me?? I'd love to get off of Orange, they're the worst mobile providers in my opinion.
    Keep calling till you get someone who just says 'yeah okay'. S'what I had to do haha, they kept telling me it wasn't a valid reason to cancel :sad:

ReputationRep:
    I have a blackberry and have blackberry unlimited internet... these changes aren't going to affect me are they? So is there an point trying for me ?

ReputationRep:
    Ffs, they're not going to budge! =(

ReputationRep:
    The charges will affect you unless you have unlimited minutes. They usually say that you have not in the past gone over your minutes, so the new charges don't affect you. But as the contract stipulates, it is in your right to go over your minutes and be charged at the current rate. If this rate changes, as it is doing, you can cancel your contract.

I never go over my 600 minutes, but i damn well in my right to if i want to - thereby charges apply. Stupid orange!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ladydeborah)
    The charges will affect you unless you have unlimited minutes. They usually say that you have not in the past gone over your minutes, so the new charges don't affect you. But as the contract stipulates, it is in your right to go over your minutes and be charged at the current rate. If this rate changes, as it is doing, you can cancel your contract.

I never go over my 600 minutes, but i damn well in my right to if i want to - thereby charges apply. Stupid orange!

Well the guy I spoke to second told me it won't affect me as I have already accepted these changes when I renewed my contract on 2nd April - but everyone here's talking about May being the latest you could have got a contract? I'm really annoyed and confused, been looking through the T&Cs on the Orange site but it's not helping much!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by farhan)
    If there is an Orange logo on your phone cover/if an Orange logo comes up as the start-up screen when you switch on the phone.
    Not necessarily. My phone is unlocked and I still get the Orange theme. If you want to change it to something else (on my phone anyway, and probably some others too), you have to change the theme files on the phone. I just can't be bother to do that. As long as it makes and receives calls, I don't really mind that it still says Orange even if I'm on a different provider.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BSB)
    Keep trying.

Read the bit I posted on page 6 about what to do if you don't have the text message. They will at some stage have to send it to you because it'd be illegal to alter their pricing and not inform you.

ReputationRep:
    Well the guy I spoke to second told me it won't affect me as I have already accepted these changes when I renewed my contract on 2nd April - but everyone here's talking about May being the latest you could have got a contract? I'm really annoyed and confused, been looking through the T&Cs on the Orange site but it's not helping much!!
    Keep trying and be persistent. I'm not entirely sure about the May thing but I'd say you've still got a great shot at getting out of your contract. If the issue arises again, clearly state that you signed in April and this was before the changes in pricing occurred and therefore you've got legitimate grounds to cancel your contract.

Also, it doesn't matter if you've gone over your minutes before or not. Just say that it's likely that you will be going over in the next few months because you've got a new job... (This applies if they give you the spiel about it not affecting you).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BSB)
    Whats the situation with Phones4U?

ReputationRep:
    Just cancelled my contract ...
    no problem at all as soon as the operator heard the word text he gave in. He did say my contract would end on September 30th (rather than August 30th) because the date in august falls on a bank holiday? ... this is probably a load of lies lol but I didnt have the heart to take anymore money away from them. Im ending my contract 12 months early with a free blackberry curve 8900 and moving on to a £10 sim only deal 30 day contact - saving me £10 a month and giving me a free phone and allowing me to not be tied down. So I cant complain and am very happy.

Note: he did check I actually received the text so I would wait until you receive yours before trying.

ReputationRep:
    My other (Not canceled yet, waiting for the text to arrive on the 5th) - It has stopped recieving/sending texts :O .... now this has called for trouble :P

Other phone has gone perfectly, PAC code being sent out, as soon as it's recieved will be heading for a sim only deal.

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone know if everyone is going to sent texts?

ReputationRep:
    When did people get their texts? i sometimes just delete them and i lost all my texts from before the begining of june but if its recently then i can't remember getting one in the last few weeks in which case i guess i'm going to have to wait a little while (shame i want a cheap contract/free phone!)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by munro90)
    When did people get their texts? i sometimes just delete them and i lost all my texts from before the begining of june but if its recently then i can't remember getting one in the last few weeks in which case i guess i'm going to have to wait a little while (shame i want a cheap contract/free phone!)
    Phone up and check - Go ahead as per usual, and they will just turn you down if they see you haven't recieved the text ,even so you can be persistant really. But I am waiting till 5th of August the date in which I am to be issued my text

(Original post by GGecko)
    And the TSR meets
    What is that meant to mean?!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
    Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered mobile phones threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.